Re: 孩子在澳洲讀書

Devlin媽媽,

你喺媽媽會嗰邊chat得好熱鬧啊!我同vv123都chat過下一兩句嘴咁啦。   

你BB咁細,真係有排你歎呀!   

22#
發表於 07-2-15 16:05 |只看該作者

Hi xother,

I would like to share some statistics with you in response to your comment of pseudo-multiculturalism in Australia.  10 years do make a difference.  

This information (Top 20 Permanent Arrivals by Country of Birth for the year 2004/05) is based on the statistics released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics earlier this year.  The number in parenthesis after each country is their ranking in 1994/1995.

1.   UK (1)
2.   New Zealand  (2)
3.   China * (7)
4.   India   (6)
5.   Sudan  (44)
6.   South Africa   (9)
7.   Philippines   (5)
8.   Singapore   (33)
9.   Malaysia   (18)
10. Sri Lanka   (12)
11. Vietnam   (3)
12. Iraq   (10)
13. Indonesia   (19)
14. South Korea   (31)
15. Fiji   (14)
16. USA   (13)
17. Afganistan  (41)
18. Lebanon   (17)
19. Pakistan   (36)
20 Thailand   (23)

*excluding HKSAR and ROC

Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family.

23#
發表於 07-2-16 01:13 |只看該作者

Devlin媽媽,
It is interesting to see the statistic, but as I said, Australia doesnt attract anyone from Latin American which you can see from the chart. Do you know that how big is Latin American and how much they influence the world?
I am not trying to say Canada is better or Australia is better, but after living in 2 countries, I really open my eyes about what is multi-culturalism.

24#
發表於 07-2-16 01:21 |只看該作者

redpocket,
I like your quote- 嫁雞隨雞、嫁狗隨狗、嫁隻馬騮就通山走

When I was in Australia, I rarely called my mom as well, but it doesnt mean I dont care her, but feel I am mature enough and no need to worry.
I never studied in Foundation but from my younger brother, it is the best way to get into univerisity without competing with local students. But as I said, once in university, you really feel the isolation between overseas and local.
Anyway, learning is an experience which last for life and hope your son understand that. Regarding on girl friend, let it be as sometimes it turn out good. I met my husband while we were in university and I didnt see any harm on that, in fact, he helped me a lot in terms of my English.

25#
發表於 07-2-16 05:08 |只看該作者

Good morning redpocket,

This is so funny ... 嫁隻馬騮就通山走, I really had a good laugh.  My case right now will be 生隻馬騮就通屋走, ha ha       

And you are absolutely right too, we have to 訓練自己,適應環境,自求多福。   I'm the youngest in the family and I've always been very close to them.  The first year was terrible as I miss them, especially my mom, so much.  I'm still homesick, guess I'll always be, but I also love my new life here with my hubby, son and doggie in Australia!  We were back in HK for 5 weeks late last year and I was very saddened by the changes there, especially the pollution!

I can't stop drooling   when I read about your son, not just handsome but disciplined and can cook!!! Hmmm, may be I should introduce my niece to him, ha ha     Tell him there's an auntie in Brisbane who is more than happy to play host to him should he decide to visit the "boring" city one day      

Have a good day and a good holiday break too!

26#
發表於 07-2-16 16:02 |只看該作者

redpocket ,
我囝囝現在只是11歲,仍未決定幾時去外國&去邊個國家?我覺得英國讀書會好d,但又有親戚在澳洲.所以很難選擇.
有冇其他媽咪可給我意見?
redpocket 寫道:
conniedodo,

Thanks for asking me the different between Aussie and UK. But i'm telling you the true--I really have no idea because my boy decided to go Aussie.

He maybe considered about 學費、生活費、交通費(incl flying between HK and Aussie)、還有可以早一年上大學,我認為他考意慮了多方面的問題。

由於我們任由他選擇,所以沒有與其他地方比較過。We have relatives in Canada and USA, he chose Australia, he chose study alone....

Conniedodo,
I would like you to talk over here, sharing your confusing, your thinking.... 其他的朋友或能给你更多的意見呢!    

By the way, are you a student? What level purposed you are going to?  

27#
發表於 07-2-19 01:13 |只看該作者

今天是年初二,祝各位新年快樂、心想事成。

28#
發表於 07-2-21 14:32 |只看該作者

阿仔打電話返黎話年初一去咗China town睇舞龍同舞獅喎。咁就梗係冇HK咁熱鬧啦,問佢樣樣嘢佢都話冇問題,真係咁叻?   

同佢喺香港

29#
發表於 07-2-21 14:42 |只看該作者

Devlin媽媽,

Thank you for your kind offer in Brisbane. I'm so touching.     

我的一個姨甥女在大年初一晚,啓程到你那邊讀書。Home stay. 她說晚上很熱,因為沒有風扇,所以睡不到。我想Brisbane與Melbourne不同,阿仔話一天有四季呢。

你有沒有行年宵?有冇派利是呀?

祝你及家人、朋友身體健康,快快樂樂。Delvin仔活潑可愛。

30#
發表於 07-2-21 14:54 |只看該作者

conniedodo,

孩子那麽小,你打算什麽時候放他去外地呢?你會陪伴他嗎?

如果未有決定,你可以先去各簡介會了解一下。各地的學制是不同的。

Happy Chinese New year   

31#
發表於 07-2-21 15:00 |只看該作者

xother,

很同意你的意見--learning is an experience which last for life--這也是我說服他去外地study的其中一個原因。

很高興你能與丈夫開花结果.....by the way, do you have any kids?    

32#
發表於 07-2-21 18:04 |只看該作者

你SUPPORT 到既梗係去英國啦,,
係澳洲學果D 口音唔好,, 同埋多數讀得書出黎既都係係英國..
如果冇親戚係果邊既, 住HOMESTAY OR 宿舍都好..
conniedodo 寫道:
redpocket ,
我囝囝現在只是11歲,仍未決定幾時去外國&去邊個國家?我覺得英國讀書會好d,但又有親戚在澳洲.所以很難選擇.
有冇其他媽咪可給我意見?
[quote]
redpocket 寫道:
conniedodo,

Thanks for asking me the different between Aussie and UK. But i'm telling you the true--I really have no idea because my boy decided to go Aussie.

He maybe considered about 學費、生活費、交通費(incl flying between HK and Aussie)、還有可以早一年上大學,我認為他考意慮了多方面的問題。

由於我們任由他選擇,所以沒有與其他地方比較過。We have relatives in Canada and USA, he chose Australia, he chose study alone....

Conniedodo,
I would like you to talk over here, sharing your confusing, your thinking.... 其他的朋友或能给你更多的意見呢!    

By the way, are you a student? What level purposed you are going to?  

[/quote]

33#
發表於 07-2-22 01:07 |只看該作者

redpocket,
I have a daughter 4yrs old and expecting a boy this JUN.
Without going to university, I never know my husband, so it is not always bad to have girl friend or boy friend in school, but make sure they know what they are doing.

34#
發表於 07-2-22 13:07 |只看該作者

,又可以做奶奶xother,

恭喜恭喜     
湊成一個好字,弟日可以做外母....蝦蝦霸霸    ,又可以做奶奶...e e 哦哦    ,幾好呀   

我就有兩king 1 Queen     ,可借大King走咗去Auzzie,否則一枱麻雀,啱啱好   

35#
發表於 07-2-22 14:05 |只看該作者

redpocket,

多謝你的祝福呀。  希望你在豬年開開心心,身體健康。

我地冇行年宵呀,祇是帶了我的 niece 去食團年飯。 利是當然冇得走雞啦,連金毛 (我的狗) 都有份。

你姨甥女住系邊個 suburb?  好少可房間裡冇風扇喎。 如果佢個 homestay 唔肯買把風扇比佢,自己去 supermarket 買都好平。

這是小年 (Devlin 的中文名是賀年) 年初一影的相。  Click here.

36#
發表於 07-2-22 15:20 |只看該作者

Devlin媽媽   

Delvin is very QQ, 賀年 is 好名黎噃. 真係有新年feel 既啫,I am sure he will make all of you happy for years.

My niece studies at Queensland University of Technology , Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove

In fact, I don't know which suburb it locates at? I have searched the place from Google Earth but I'm still confused. She told me that the family of home-stay is fine. She have bought a electric fan already.

佢話係街見唔到一個華人,勁開心,佢話可以迫自己講英文喎。又幾乖噃    

37#
發表於 07-2-22 16:43 |只看該作者

Hi redpocket,

我阿哥重搞笑,佢話 Devlin 將來的女友一定系叫 Candy .... 賀年糖果喎,he he, 咁都比佢諗到。

QUT is good.  My friend's daughter is also starting her Accounting first year at QUT but she's at the City campus, not at Kelvin Grove.  Kelvin Grove is very close to the city ...  click here for more information.

你姨甥女真系好乖,比多D鼓勵佢。

38#
發表於 07-2-22 16:57 |只看該作者

Devlin媽媽,

弟日如果佢識得唱賀年歌....<年、又過年、又過歡樂年年....>    咁就大殺四方,

39#
發表於 07-2-22 17:28 |只看該作者

cocoman    ,

其實有許多報道都說澳洲的留學生英文水準下降,口音也不太好   

從前,我帶領過不同國藉的老外到國內旅遊,一團人之中,往往混有英,美,澳…等國家人士,他們操不同口音的英語,還有不同地方的俚語,加上我這個香港式英/美語,每天都是挑戰。   

40#
發表於 07-2-22 17:32 |只看該作者

cocoman,

未講完...繼續先......

不過,無論任何國家的英語,也有他們的地區口音,正如我們的普通話一樣,北京、上海、廣東…處處不同,所以那時候的我,每天都在訓練自己的翻譯能力   

我不在乎孩子的英語口音,只在乎他是否把握這個機會,去開創自已的世界。給予孩子最好的東西,也要孩子們懂得珍惜與利用。

世界大同,鄧小平的普通話也不是人人聽得懂,但他的才幹令中國起飛,是歷史上的一個巨人      

所以我以為,實幹才是最重要。     
‹ 上一主題|下一主題