查看: 6616|回覆: 42
go

孩子在澳洲讀書

發表於 07-2-6 18:48 |顯示全部帖子

孩子在澳洲讀書

我的大兒子在澳洲讀書,己有4個月了。有點失落。

發表於 07-2-8 01:46 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 孩子在澳洲讀書

澳洲讀書好ng好ka 多唔多人一班 因為爸爸話想我轉去澳洲 我都想知佢地上堂係點o既... 因為我係呢邊得6,7個人班 冇上堂氣氛 學校又成日攪d旅行wor 比完錢又唔包埋車費 要自己另比車費ka 同埋學校收生不足 年年都加價!! D老師又幾情緒化wor!!

發表於 07-2-8 12:37 |顯示全部帖子

Kayan,

咁而家你喺邊度讀緊書?讀幾年级呀?

我個仔剛剛到嗰邊冇幾耐,不過上課好happy,同HKd教育唔同,不過佢讀緊大學嘅基礎班。好多人一班架噃。
我認為學習氣氛真喺好重要ga,重有冇嘢想知?睇吓我幫唔幫到你?

我重有一個姨甥女,哩嗰月尾都去澳洲讀書lu。

發表於 07-2-10 14:52 |顯示全部帖子

我而家係去o左canada o度讀緊書ka...上次爸爸打比我話佢d朋友o既女係果邊讀wor 仲可以唔洗工作證都做到part time係咪真ka~~ 我想知一年學費大約幾錢倒 買野洗ng洗比稅ka 我而家讀緊grade11 洗ng洗再簽証去ka... 同埋點搵人攪好 洗ng洗睇銀行o既入息証明果d野ka~~ 即係有咩手續要攪 我都覺得學習氣氛係好重要 我而家呢間加到成千幾蚊加幣一科 聽d同學講年年都加價ka我呢間 同埋我地一班得果6,7個人倒上堂 我覺得冇晒d氣氛好似入o左d死城咁>~< d亞sir又成日攪d活動如果冇人or少人就用d強迫o既feel叫人去 仲係成日出去d trip 同埋又唔包車錢同食野ka wor!! 我都係去o左canada半年倒 爸爸咁講開我先問o下澳洲d野lor~~ 同埋有冇宿舍果d ka~~ 因為我冇親戚係果邊 第一次去的話唔識路想搵人接機!! 果d住屋幾錢一個月租ka~~ many many thx!!

發表於 07-2-10 18:54 |顯示全部帖子

kayan,

真的很高興你能明白讀書氣氛的重要。

你現在人在Canada,要找資料可在有關的web site找到 (please check pm),我的孩子也是在這間agent幫助下到Australia讀書的。他們是不收取費用的,所以很多人到這裹辦手續,不妨找你的爸爸到這agent 處找職員傾談一下。

Canada的學制與Australia不同,但Aussie學校的開課時間很有彈性,不像HK限定在九月份開課。

我孩子讀的是大學的Foundation progamme (Fast Track) ,只讀10 months,學費約是AUD17xxx全期 (未計共他費用)。
住宿方面,可住hostel。費用有平有貴,約由AUD8xx至AUD1xxx不等。

粗略估計應比Canada便宜一點。當然你還要考慮接受加澳兩地不同的英語口音和你的看法。

在我來說,只要孩子肯讀書,到那裡去也不重要。除課本上的學問外,學習畢竟是在生活之中。放眼世界,持著信心,學問就在人群裡找尋吧。

發表於 07-2-10 18:58 |顯示全部帖子

吖呀,唔記得答其他問題添!

買嘢時睇價錢牌俾就得啦,好似己經計埋税。

可以做part time,不過好似有DD限制,但我孩子未試過。

簽証就要問澳洲領使館,查吓網頁啦!

學費我諗每年都會調整,因為香港都會啦。學校會要你先交全年或一個semester嘅學費,然後要求你confirm住宿,有呢兩樣先至可以申請student visa架。因為學校可以做你個監護人嘛,唔可以冇得住就叫你過去ga。

我地都係冇朋友親人在Aussie ga,唔驶驚,可以要求學校安排airport pick-up。我地都係咁咋。
:idea:  :idea:

發表於 07-2-12 02:36 |顯示全部帖子

唔該晒你...咁你個仔有冇係果邊讀過High School ar~ 不過我係煩緊我姐姐幫我係canada報名時係一次比晒十科錢...而家讀o左6科倒...你個仔係澳洲邊個地方(e.g 悉尼...) 加埋稅係入面都好D 同埋澳洲錢對港幣係幾多o架!! 如果萬一屋企人想探我又未去過 咁點算好ah 可ng可以同我住ka!!同埋澳洲D英文係咪同香港差不多架...... 因為我有D日本同越南o既同學同我講果d都唔同 有時唔知佢地講咩野...因為大家D英文都係唔太好 剛剛去...

發表於 07-2-12 17:57 |顯示全部帖子

conniedodo,

Please check pm.

發表於 07-2-13 06:05 |顯示全部帖子

kayan_329,
If you are already settle down in Canada, I suggest you not to think moving around. I was studied in Australia before and now I am in Vancouver, I can tell you the racism in  Australia is a big problem once you are in university. Or it is the same everywhere as local students will not like to mix with overseas student anyway.

Regarding on the spirit of the school, if you dont like the current one, I suggest you to look for another one rather than changing to new country. It is too much money involves as well as time consuming.

Go out and practing your english more and this is the only way to help you out. If you dont understand your overseas classmates, try to talk to the one who has better english or listen to the radio. Please dont make the excuse that those ovseas student dont speak good english due to their accent. We are all the same from the native speakers' eyes.

發表於 07-2-13 18:31 |顯示全部帖子

Xother,
Thanks for your sharing. Are you studying in university? My boy had studied a Summer English Program in Vancouver last year. He was delighted to study in there.

kayan,
我的孩子不曾在澳洲讀過high school,所以沒有這方面的資料。
澳幣的對換率约是AUD1= HKD6.1xx (please check with bank)
居住的問題不用太担心,面對陌生環境正是學習的好機會。
要訓練自己,戰勝環境啊!

發表於 07-2-14 00:05 |顯示全部帖子

redpocket,
yes, I have finished university in Melbourne and I can tell you that, no local students like to mix with overseas student as they assume we have poor English. Racism is very high in Australia and that's why I dont choose to settle there.

發表於 07-2-14 20:31 |顯示全部帖子

conniedodo,

Thanks for asking me the different between Aussie and UK. But i'm telling you the true--I really have no idea because my boy decided to go Aussie.

He maybe considered about 學費、生活費、交通費(incl flying between HK and Aussie)、還有可以早一年上大學,我認為他考意慮了多方面的問題。

由於我們任由他選擇,所以沒有與其他地方比較過。We have relatives in Canada and USA, he chose Australia, he chose study alone....

Conniedodo,
I would like you to talk over here, sharing your confusing, your thinking.... 其他的朋友或能给你更多的意見呢!    

By the way, are you a student? What level purposed you are going to?  

發表於 07-2-14 20:43 |顯示全部帖子

xother,

種族歧視從來都存在,並不只是在某一國家。小如香港,也不是處處可見嗎?對我們的同胞,外鄉來的傭工,也不是存在racism嗎?

重要的只是要學會如何自處,"人必自侮而後侮之",我們又何必傭人自擾,為此而裹足不前呢?

是否這就是你轉到Vancouver study? living? 的原因呢?    

發表於 07-2-15 00:20 |顯示全部帖子

redpocket,
I graduated my university and went back to HK. I met my husband in university and he came to HK to marry me. As he is english native speaker(Indian origin), he doesnt like to live in HK as well as HK people racist him, so we chose to migrate to Canada.

Yes, racism exists everywhere, but I compare the life in Canada and Australia, I can tell you Australia is the worst! To give you an example, you rarely see any managment positions in Australia are NON-white. In Canada, people dont judge you by accent and many poliiticians are actually Asian. My ex-landlord still speak english with strong accent after over 25yrs, he is working a supervisor level at the hospital and making decent pay. My BIL is Aussie and he told me that people look him down as he married Asian. In Canada, mix marriage is very common and no one really cares as most people are immigrants anyway. 3 years in Australia, people always asked if you speak English? This is very offened to a non-native speaker and no one in Canada will ask this questions as we all try to understand due to accent.

You never live there, you will never know how bad to be a non-white person there.

發表於 07-2-15 10:21 |顯示全部帖子

redpocket 寫道:
xother,

種族歧視從來都存在,並不只是在某一國家。小如香港,也不是處處可見嗎?對我們的同胞,外鄉來的傭工,也不是存在racism嗎?

重要的只是要學會如何自處,"人必自侮而後侮之",我們又何必傭人自擾,為此而裹足不前呢?

Hi everyone,

I don't want to hijack this thread as it's supposed to be a discussion on education in Australia.  However, I do want to present my real life story so that prospective parents who are thinking of sending their children to study in Australia won't be put off or deterred by the comments on the severity of racism here.

I'm a Chinese from HK and came to Australia to marry a white Aussie.  Come April and I would have lived in Australia for 4 years.  

I find the people here in general are very friendly and tolerating of other cultures.  Australia is a land of migrants too .... Chinese, Vietnamese, Italians, Greeks (Melbourne has the largest Greek population outside of Greece) etc etc.  Of course, there are rude and obnoxious people but this happens every where.  

Mixed marriages is also pretty common ... my husband's nephew married a Filipina, his work mate married a lady from China not to mention the couples we saw on the streets.  

My husband's family and friends are all very warm and friendly to me and I have never experienced any unfriendly or hostile treatment from strangers because I'm a Chinese.

Racism exists everywhere ... even in HK, look at how we treat our compatriots from Mainland China, look at how we treat the Indians and Pakistanis.

We also have this problem in Australia but not severe enough for me to feel upset or threatened.

發表於 07-2-15 10:57 |顯示全部帖子

Xother,
生命從來都是喜樂参半,遺憾你們在Aussie or HK都感受到不快的事。
不過我們都是住在地球村上,你在那裡覺得自在,那裡就是天堂。
我的天堂就是我的孩子、我的家。

昨天是情人節,過幾天是農曆新年,我祝你和家人新年快樂,永遠健康。

很高興認識你。

發表於 07-2-15 11:09 |顯示全部帖子

Delvin媽媽,
Nice to meet you here and thanks for your sharing too.
Glad to hear your positive thinking. Believed that your smart kid/kids is your whole world.

我的姨甥女在Canada也和一個德+?+?的混血兒結了婚,生了一個四式混合supergirl,很可愛。

華人在全世界也有地盤,會被人歧視,也會歧視人,亦有歧視自己。這一切,要看自己的努力,如何扭轉乾昆。

你說是嗎?

Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family

發表於 07-2-15 11:29 |顯示全部帖子

redpocket,

Nice to meet you too.

You are absolutely right ... it all depends on how you approach the matter and how you can turn it around.

Devlin is indeed my whole world ... looking after him is so all-consuming.  He's now 13 months going on to 14 next week.  Running everywhere, climbing everything, including our Golden Retriever (he treats the dog like a big toy)!!  It's very tiring especially he's going through the clingy stage at the moment.  However tired, a smile, a hug or a kiss from him will send every tiredness away.

You must be missing your son a lot.  Which uni is he attending?  Is he settling well into the study and lifestyle here?  My niece has just arrived earlier this year and will soon start her study at U of Queensland next week.

祝你和家人身體健康,心想事成。 新年快樂。

發表於 07-2-15 12:05 |顯示全部帖子

HI Devlin媽媽/redpocket,

I dont mean all Aussie are racist, but I just feel so offended when they ask if you speak English just because of my accent. As I have lived in Australia for 3yrs and I know how it feels to be an overseas student.

Yes, generally western people are very friendly, but what I mean I dont like Australia is because the chance for my career development especially if I have to settle there for my life. My husband was also graduated there but couldn't get a chance for a job interview due to his status as overseas student. FYI, he was voted as Student of the Year in school. His friend was even finished his Master in Finance in Melbourne, it takes him 10yrs for him to convert it to residency after having his own business there. Now my husband got a semi-govt job and I also work in my field. No one question my accent anymore and I feel much confident to speak English.

Yes, my sister also married a white Aussie guy and she mix very well with their family, but the parent was against the marriage at the beginning. I left for almost 10yrs now, it may change as I never want to live there for life.

just for your information, Australia claims to be multicultural country, but it is not exactly. Australia doesnt get many immigrants such as Latin American, South Asian/Middle East or African. I dont want to say Canada is really great, but I really feel the whole world is here, from Asia to American, from African to Arabs, from European to Aussie.

發表於 07-2-15 15:28 |顯示全部帖子

xother and Devlin媽媽,

正所謂..”嫁雞隨雞、嫁狗隨狗、嫁隻馬騮就通山走”..各位姊妹就好好地訓練自己,適應環境,自求多福啦。   

講咗咁多正經嘢,又嚟發吓嗡風先。   

我個大仔喺Melbourne 讀Foundation Study Program, hopefully 呢個七月可以入到 Uni 啦。佢舊年十月過咗去,都從冇主動打過電話返嚟,佢話冇乜嘢好講喎!   

不過我都好開心,証明佢適應得好好,完全冇問題噃。佢從前是童軍黎架,而且重做緊深資童軍,自律性高,重自己煑飯食添。唯一担心的問題是……驚佢俾女仔追…梗係啦,佢係型仔嚟噃!