教育王國 討論區 海外留學 如何準備f.5後去vancover升學
發新帖
查看: 1464|回覆: 5
go

如何準備f.5後去vancover升學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-2-2 13:38 |只看該作者

如何準備f.5後去vancover升學

my son F.4 now, I foresee my son difficult promote F.6 in HK. So I need help him to prepare the 2nd ways to study in vancover. My son english is better. If he need study in vancover, which exam he need success before apply school? How much the cost include boarding house? If he get 16marks in HKCEE, may he direct apply year 12?

Anyone can let me know the preparation step?

Thanks

2#
發表於 07-2-3 09:01 |只看該作者

Re: 如何準備f.5後去vancover升學

If your son comes to Vancouver after finishing F5 in HK, he may need to repeat grade 11, but the school will determine it on an individual basis.

Will he be enrolling in a public or private school? If public one, each school will give an assessment for new student. Mostly, they test the english level of the student and look at his/her old report card. Also, you need a proof of residence and apply to the school in your area.

However, if you are talking about private school, every school has their own admission procedure. But please be aware that some private schools in Vancouver, especially those catered for oversea students may not be up to standard. Also, since most of the students are Chinese, there is no "incentive" for him to speak English. On the other hand, the good private schools in Vancouver are not so easy to get into, especially for G11 or G12.

Hope the above helps you.

3#
發表於 07-2-3 09:20 |只看該作者

deeply thanks for your reply.

we are not residence in Vancover. We plan sent him to Vancover, because he has aunt in there.  we guess he difficult promote in Hk university. So we need ready and prepare when he can't get any offer in Hk.  

I think we just can apply private one. do you know which school better and near Surrey?  and if he start from G11, How much the cost of G11 & G12?

Which public exam of english, do we success before apply school?  When is the suitable time to apply the exam?   

If start from G11, may he finish F.4 then go to Vancover start G11?

You mean he need start G11, G12, plus 3 years of University, right?

Sorry for many many question!

thanks

4#
發表於 07-2-3 14:29 |只看該作者

I am not familiar with private schools in Vancouver, however, you may be interested in the following report card by Fraser Institute. According to the report card, there are 5 private schools in Surrey.

Report Card

You can scroll down to page 5 of the pdf file and check all the independent ones. However, this report card only takes into account the academic part of schooling, but nothing else.

Your son does not need to take any public english exam. Instead, my guess is each school will give him an assessment when he applies.

Also, in Canada, bachelor degree is a 4 year program, unlike in HK.

Let me know if you have more questions. And good luck in your search.

5#
發表於 07-2-3 16:24 |只看該作者

Thanks for your useful information.

6#
發表於 07-2-3 18:13 |只看該作者

you are welcome!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題