搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Australian mothers please help me
發新帖
查看: 1917|回覆: 5
go

Australian mothers please help me

發表於 06-12-5 22:45 |顯示全部帖子

Australian mothers please help me

my family moved back from Sydney 13 years ago. My daughter is now studying at F.5 and will take HKCE next May. She wants come back to Australia for  further study. As I have to work in Hong Kong, I need put my daughter in Aus. alone. Any mum can give me some information about how to enrol higher education institution in Aus?  Or, can she enter founation course which is provided by University? Does she need to pay overseas study fee?

thanks

發表於 06-12-6 01:55 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Australian mothers please help me

Is you daughter an Australian citizen???
If she is,she doesnt have to pay her school fees like overseas students.
You have to ask the school that you want to and they will tell you what to do,becoz u have to show them your daughter's school results !!
And if she is a citizen,she will not be able to study a foundation course,coz that's ONLY for overseas students !!!!

發表於 06-12-6 19:10 |顯示全部帖子

If your daughter is australian citizen, she doesn't have to pay international school fee.  But she has to pay some,(same as local student), the rest of them can borrow from the government.  If she get jobs after finishing her university, she has to pay back min 2% of her annual income (certain amount she earns).

醒目開學勳章

發表於 06-12-7 01:01 |顯示全部帖子

If your daughter is Oz PR or citizen, foundation studies is not a good choice as she needs much higher GPA then other overseas students in order to enrol into those "good" degrees.  But if she's not PR/Citizen, foundation studies is surely a good choice - easier to get into university, only internal exams and no HSC.

發表於 06-12-10 12:06 |顯示全部帖子

will your daughter change school in HK? i heard from my friends that there are high schools in HK that follows NSW or VIC syllabus and will allow students to take HSC instead of HKCE.  you might like to explore this as an alternate option.  

as the other mama said, you might consider sending your daughter to boarding school for a year or two.  famous ones are Pymble Ladies' College.  I know of other catholic boarding schools such as st. scholasticas

發表於 06-12-14 21:36 |顯示全部帖子

thanks for all your kindly reply.
my daughter is an Aus citizen. Ka Ying said i can send my daughter to boarding school in Aus. I am not sure what grade should she enrol to after F.5 in HOng KOng. thanks a lot.
:-|