用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 有冇人係外國留過學呀?? 同埋讀邊間school呢~~ ...
樓主: milkbear23
go

有冇人係外國留過學呀?? 同埋讀邊間school呢~~ [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 06-12-6 13:41 |只看該作者

Re: 有冇人係外國留過學呀?? 同埋讀邊間school呢~~

Dear Song,

I do not exactly know what you are trying to say.  But I hope that your conversation does not in any way relate to racism.  We are all equal.

Espana

醒目開學勳章

82#
發表於 06-12-6 14:23 |只看該作者

Can't see that have anything to do with racism, care to elaborate?
espana 寫道:
Dear Song,

I do not exactly know what you are trying to say.  But I hope that your conversation does not in any way relate to racism.  We are all equal.

Espana

83#
發表於 06-12-6 14:28 |只看該作者

I am glad that Song has changed the tone of her message, after seeing mines (I guess).  That's fine now.  Sorry for the confusion, if any.
Elefant老婆 寫道:
Can't see that have anything to do with racism, care to elaborate?[quote]
espana 寫道:
Dear Song,

Espana
[/quote]

醒目開學勳章

84#
發表於 06-12-6 15:09 |只看該作者

Thanks for clearing that up!  

85#
發表於 06-12-7 21:59 |只看該作者

hey LAers, anyone consider let ur child go back study in the states? will u choose the east coast or west coast?

I was told east coast is better coz the school's better....but personally i perfer west coast as the weather is nicer...any idea?

86#
發表於 06-12-14 19:21 |只看該作者

Definately go back to the states...because we are American Chinese...so don't have other choices.  I want them to choose by themselves.  If they get into MIT, I will definately let them go!!  

87#
發表於 06-12-15 00:04 |只看該作者

When do you plan on going back to the states?

I am thinking of going back, at the latest, when my baby reaches 9th grade (since college admission is dependent on 9-12 grade's grades).  However, if she is not performing in Hong Kong's schools, I may have to move back earlier.  My uncle's family just moved back to the states as my cousin was struggling in schools here.  He is in second grade only.

If we move back, it is likely that we would move back to Boston since both my husband and I went to school there.  Alternatively, we may move to San Francisco.  We would let our child choose which college she wants to go to, but of course we love for her to go to MIT.     Both her daddy and I are MIT alum.

lenglengma 寫道:
Definately go back to the states...because we are American Chinese...so don't have other choices.  I want them to choose by themselves.  If they get into MIT, I will definately let them go!!  

88#
發表於 06-12-15 21:11 |只看該作者

Wow...both MIT alum.....  

89#
發表於 06-12-21 03:03 |只看該作者

wow.... impressive !!MIT!!!!
Yes, I think I will definately send them back ... but I still have no idea when!
but, wouldn't you want your children to learn solid Chinese 1st??
that's my struggle... I don't want to torture my children with HK style education... but on the other hand, I want them know how to read/write Chinese... well, at least know how to read newspaper!
even so... I don't think I will " move" back.. becuase my husband has taken over family biz... so at the most, I may go with them for a short while... I donno .. I just don't enjoy living there for a long time. I like Hk better....
After 18 yrs of US... I think I 'm still enjoying HK for now.... I just enjoy the States for vacation once in a while!

90#
發表於 06-12-21 11:42 |只看該作者

Yes.  I want the kids to learn Chinese first.  That's why I want their elementary education to be in a local school in Hong Kong.  However, when it is time to apply for college, you have to submit grades from Grade 9 to Grade 12, so I think it would be best to start going to school there before then....As I think there may need to be a year of adjustment...going there in Grade 8 may be the most ideal.  I think by that time they would have picked up quite a bit of Chinese, and if we provide the environment, they would be able to continue to be familiar with Chinese.  My brother went to the states in Grade 7, and I was in Grade 5.  We both can read Chinese (including classics), but our writing skills are not great (we can type though).  Even my hubbie who went to college in the states directly from HK cannot write Chinese well now because of infrequent use.  

I don't mind living in the U.S.  I guess I have lived there for so long that I am used to the lifestyle.  Sometimes I feel that Hong Kong is too rush.

91#
發表於 07-1-3 08:22 |只看該作者

Hey hey! I spent a year in UCB as an exchange student (from CUHK), and it wouldn't be a bad idea if my son goes there when he comes of age..hehehe    

Actually, it would be my huge honor if he can go there      
katyfok 寫道:
lenglengma , balloon 2006...
Hey, we're all Californians..  but you guys are from the So.
Hee hee...
Any UC, Berkeley here??

版主 醒目開學勳章

92#
發表於 07-1-8 12:12 |只看該作者

fungwongphie
i see you studied in uk IC.
My son now studying in IC treple E.

93#
發表於 07-1-14 21:20 |只看該作者

STBY 寫道:
Hi Uki, G-Ma, llmom,

May I know which high school is good in Canada, especially in Vancouver? Tks

high school in vancouver west are pretty good in general. e.g churchill, eric hamber, magee, price of whales but the bad thing is there're just too many chinese. if you want yr kid to learn better english, you may choose to study at west vancouver
洛威拿BB等有心人收養 :adore:

94#
發表於 07-1-18 06:01 |只看該作者

由 espana 於 2006-11-30 10:05:51

Sounds like lots of Canadians here... I studied there too. Canada is a nice place except that it could be very cold at times. Some says that Vancouver is a better place but I have never been there... These days, I am thinking of retiring there.

Anyway, after spending around 10 years in Toronto, I went to USA for college. The schools that I studied are: 1) Columbia University, New York (MS), and 2) University of Chicago (MBA).
--------------------------------------------------------

I am also studying in Columbia, MS

Nice to meet you here.

95#
發表於 07-1-18 06:04 |只看該作者

由 espana 於 2006-11-30 10:05:51

Sounds like lots of Canadians here... I studied there too. Canada is a nice place except that it could be very cold at times. Some says that Vancouver is a better place but I have never been there... These days, I am thinking of retiring there.

Anyway, after spending around 10 years in Toronto, I went to USA for college. The schools that I studied are: 1) Columbia University, New York (MS), and 2) University of Chicago (MBA).

I am also studying in Columbia-MS
Nice to meet you here.

96#
發表於 07-1-18 10:16 |只看該作者

由 llmom 於 2006-11-20 09:28:44

Studying in Canada for almost 8 yrs, grad from U. of Toronto.   

Hi, I also studied in Uof T before ( for my Master degree)

97#
發表於 07-1-18 10:24 |只看該作者

由 DDdada 於 2006-11-21 00:41:07

Hi katyfok

Do you know if a student can apply to stay in USA and find a job there after studying for so many years?
-------------------------------------------------------

after 9 months of F-1 visa(student visa), you can apply for CPT ( if your program allows u to do so) for part-time off-campus job. After graduation, you can apply for OPT for 1 year to work. If your company wants to keep you, they will sponsor you for H-1B visa ( 3 years), so that you can work in USA.  H-1B can be renewed once ( another 3 years).

Most of my friends here ( New York) are hoding H-1B visa

98#
發表於 07-1-19 17:04 |只看該作者

I was graduated at Moses Lake High School (nearby Seattle, driving for 3 hrs to Moses Lake). It's a pretty good place for learning English coz there are NO chinese over there and it's a kinda small town.  Then I moved to Vancouver BC and studied at BCIT for financial management.

99#
發表於 07-1-21 23:23 |只看該作者

Seven years in Victoria, Canada

Camosun College & University of Vicotria

Victoria is a small city, very boring, I don't think I will go back there. But it is nice place for studying because there is not much entertainment. So students can be more focus on their studying, not like Vancouver, sometimes too much temptations there.

貢獻勳章

100#
發表於 07-1-31 00:00 |只看該作者

Oh, hi sfll !  I was in Civil Engg, Soil Mechanic Section.  Which year is your son at ?

There are so many Canadian/US grads here.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題