用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 st cat 同 根德, 如果兩間都收既話,你會選邊間? ...
樓主: wwma
go

st cat 同 根德, 如果兩間都收既話,你會選邊間?

發表於 06-11-30 23:50 |顯示全部帖子

Re: st cat 同 根德, 如果兩間都收既話,你會選邊間?

Fungmamei

I wonder how you get that impression for KV? Do you have a kid studying at KV?  Or you just heard that or saw some description from moms at BK?

Fungmamei 寫道:
SC is very strong at English, not too traditional. A lot of NET teachers. No writing until K2. Maths and Chin are not too strong.

KV is very traditional. A all round 死谷形. Many many tests and exams. No festival celebration e.g. Halloween, Mid Autumn. Every day is study, test and exam.

So, it very much depends on the mom's demand and expectation. But personally, I prefer to let the kids have a happier start in their over 20 years of study life!

Those difficult stuffs, they will know them sooner or later. The most important thing is to develop their study interest and make them like their schools.

發表於 06-12-1 13:59 |顯示全部帖子

Hello, I wan to know the english level at KV.
someone's information said they only good chi & maths. Please comments.

WHERE CAN KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS SCHOOL.

發表於 06-12-1 15:02 |顯示全部帖子

hi everyone,

i have read alot of the comments about kv and sc, and i also have the same feelings as gooddaddy and dordormom.  i do believe these 2 schools each have their pros and cons.  however, the thing that bothers me the most about kv is their transparency and that i hear there isn't much parent teacher communication. like dordormom, i think teaching kids well involves both the school and the parents efforts, cooperating and at best using the same methods.  if there isn't enough communication, how is that going to work??? especially for working mothers, like me, who can't take my son to and from school, which means i don't get to see the teachers and see how my child acts at school, then i m only left in the dark except for what my son can tell me on his own, which i feel isn't enough!  so i m abit hesitant about kv....

the prenursery my son's going to now, his teachers calls me once in a while to tell me how his doing, they will call when my son's sick to ask how he's doing, they have weekly comments on his progress, and also 2-3 months progress reports, and alot of parent child activities and homework, and they have parent meetings and parent involvement activities like christmas show and open day (when u can talk to the teachers and mingle with other parents), and they will also upload pictures of them at school doing some activities which i love to look at.... etc... i like to be involved.....i like to know what's going on!

can someone enlighten me about kv.......  do u guys know what happens at school??  what methods they use to teach your kids??  

thank u!

發表於 06-12-5 13:00 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Elainec,
Which prenursery your son going to ?

發表於 06-12-5 14:20 |顯示全部帖子

Shirley13322 寫道:
Dear Elainec,
Which prenursery your son going to ?

learning habitat 學之園 (tsing yi)

發表於 07-1-3 10:24 |顯示全部帖子

My son study in St Cat K1, he has to do line drawing at the end of term one.  Chinese word regconition like Yat, Yuet, Tin....  He speaks cantonese at home, can understand English but cannot speak complete sentence yet.  St cat can inspire my son the importance of English.  Now he is more interested to read books too coz they have lots of story time.  

發表於 07-1-3 12:06 |顯示全部帖子

Hi TerenceLuLu,
Can u tell me how many children per class? SC said it is depends on the size of classroom.  Pls share this information with me if u know. Tks!

TerenceLulu 寫道:
My son study in St Cat K1, he has to do line drawing at the end of term one.  Chinese word regconition like Yat, Yuet, Tin....  He speaks cantonese at home, can understand English but cannot speak complete sentence yet.  St cat can inspire my son the importance of English.  Now he is more interested to read books too coz they have lots of story time.  

發表於 07-1-3 12:27 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Tsz Ying Ma Ma,

The class varies from 22 to 29.  My son's class is 29.  A room separated into two portion.  One side is mainly Cantonese and ond side is for English.  Of course the teacher walk from side to side.