搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anfield internation kindergarten
樓主: jennachan
go

Anfield internation kindergarten

發表於 07-5-26 23:41 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Anfield internation kindergarten

Radiomama,
Yes, my child is Justin's class (Tue, Thur-8:30 class).
and she will study K1 in Anfield.

What's your child's class?

發表於 07-5-26 23:55 |顯示全部帖子

I've applied Anfield's Saturday playgroup for my son during summer time.  I'm a bit worry about the standard of the playgroup as some mommies said that there are only substitute teachers at that time.
:cry:  :cry:

Are there any mommies applied this course also?   

發表於 07-5-27 11:04 |顯示全部帖子

angusbbma,
I joined summer course last year.
The standard is good. The teacher is nice, and experienced too.

To be honest, I think the quality of the playgroup depend on the participants too.

Last year,  I joined the sat course too, and all of the accompanied adults are parents. Most of us speak in Cantonese when we speak to each other and only speak English to the child.

However, for my recent two courses (Sat), though the accompanued adults are parents, but we mostly speak in English to each other. The language atmosphere is much better.

發表於 07-5-27 15:46 |顯示全部帖子

Hi sks

Thank you for your comments.

On these days, I asked myself whether I made a rush and wrong decision as I heard that the Sat playgroup in Tutor Time is much better than Anfield.  Tutor Time has a newer and nicer campus and teacher's quality is better.  

Having received your comments, I feel much more comfortable for Anfield playgroup!

Referring to the language, I also prefer to speak in English at least during the lesson.  It is disturbing to speak to adults in Chinese and change to English when we speak to the child during the lesson.  But I have no objection to speak in Chinese with other parents after lessons as we are all Chinese.

By the way, may I know the name of your child's teacher?  I heard that Sat playgroup is usually taught by Meena.  

發表於 07-5-27 16:45 |顯示全部帖子

sks,

My son is in Justin's class but on Mon/Wed/Fri at 0830am!  I would try HMT Victoria in K1 because I want my boy to learn chinese as well.  

angusbbma,

I have tried the playgroup on Sat last summer.  The teacher was Rukshana.  Don't worry, the course was OK.  I'm sure you will enjoy the "water fun playtime" during summer!

Radiomama

發表於 07-5-28 13:13 |顯示全部帖子

angusbbma,
My child only attend Anfield's playgroup, so I could not give comment on other playgroup course.

The current teacher of my child is Justine, he is good, my child like him a lot.

My child had attend the playgroup taught by Menna too. She is good and experienced too.

I think Meena teaches the little child (1.5-2yrs) playgroup, whild Justine teached the old child (around 2-3yrs).
There is a teacher named Robert. Even my child had not attended his course, it is heard that he is great too.

Radiomama,
Oh.. your child will study at Victoria, why don't you join their nursery or playgroup?

What's your plan for your child's education?
Local or IS primary?

發表於 07-5-28 23:00 |顯示全部帖子

sks,

I didn't attend the nursery or playgroup of Vic since it's full and I missed the application date.  However, Anfield is an ideal place for playgroup--outdoor and language environment!  

My plan for my kid--we'd try the local system firstly and then we'd go back to Canada.  

angusbbma,

Agree with sks, I have met all the above-mentioned teachers: Meena, (Rukshana), Robert and Justine.  They are nice teachers.  I must say Robert is the best among all.

Radiomama

發表於 07-5-28 23:39 |顯示全部帖子

Hi sks and Radiomama

Thanks for your comments.  I'm more comfortable and confident that I did not make a wrong decision to join Anfield Sat playgroup for my son.     

Regarding the Chinese, I think it's a pity that Anfield will not increase more time in Mandarin during the playgroup/lesson.  I prefer my son to learn more Chinese also.  The ideal allocation time should have 50% English and 50% Mandarin.  So I need to consider Anfield more whether it is suitable for my son's K1 class.

Radiomama

What usually the children will do in "water fun playtime", will they swim in a swimming pool? How about the parents, swim with them?   

發表於 07-5-29 00:19 |顯示全部帖子

Radiomama,
My child joined Sat playgroup last summer. I doubt our child have been in the same class before.  
Please check pm.

angusbbma,
The swimming pool is 吹氣泳池 which is put in the backyard. There are one big deep pool (could swim), and two small pools (one with silde). It is for the child only. Parent only stand next to the pool and take care the child. But the teacher will change swimsuit, play with the child and take care those in the big pool.

When I choosing Anfield for my child for K1, I also worry that the Chinese is not enough. However, when I found she love the school, I think I have made the right choice for her. She really enjoys the school life.
I just want her to have happy school life.

Actually, she had studied in a local nursery (I think it is good too) for two months. She love the teachers but she doesn't like the school. Sometimes, she refused to go to that local school, however she never say she doesn't want to go to Anfield. Even in the morning, when she is very sleepy, she will wake up when I ask the followings:
"Do you like Anfield?"
She said ,"yes".
"Do you like teacher Justin?"
She said,"yes"
"lease wake up if you want to go to Anfield and see teacher Justine."
Then she will wake up happily.  

However, it is really difficult to make decision whether local or IS for the child.

Even up to now, I still not yet make up my mind.
Local or IS primary.

發表於 07-5-29 23:29 |顯示全部帖子

Hi sks

It sounds interesting and excited that the playgroup is held outdoor near a swimming pool!       

Your daughter is so cute to answer your questions even when she's sleepy.  She seems like Anfield and teacher Justine very much.    

But according to the information from other bk mommies, over 90% of the Anfield students will go to IS after completed K3.  So you have to make up your mind to choose either IS or local school as soon as possible.  Some schools' applications are so crowded.  If you choose local school, I think your daughter needs to learn more Chinese characters to manage at least the interviews.

發表於 07-5-30 13:32 |顯示全部帖子

angusbbma,
The swimming pool is 吹氣泳池 only. It is only installed during the summer. The playgroup is not held outdoor. It is held as normal pattern, and the "water fun time" is one part of the program. It replace the "outdoor play time" in actual. Therefore, it lasts for around 15-20mins only.

Thanks for your reminding. I will not change my mind to study K1/K2 at Anfield even I will let her study local primary as I want her to have happy kinder school life. I have started teaching her Chinese characters by myself.    to prepare any possible change to local shool.

By the way, for IS, the student will go to IS after completed K2. Though study in K3 are small child who do not meet the age requirment from IS.

發表於 07-5-30 14:28 |顯示全部帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 07-5-30 23:40 |顯示全部帖子

Anybody has joined the weekday playgroup in this summer.

發表於 07-5-31 14:25 |顯示全部帖子

Want to know whether the children in this playgroup come from mainly chinese local family or other nationality.

發表於 07-5-31 14:54 |顯示全部帖子

LittlePigmom 寫道:

My child is now attending the weekday playgroup, by Teacher Robert.  He's really experienced and enthusiastic. My son is very happy every time he goes to Anfield.

He will join their summer camp too.  
Some of the classes are already full.
Hope the teacher will be good.

發表於 07-5-31 15:40 |顯示全部帖子

多數係chinese還是都有其他國藉既小朋友.
Furbymao 寫道:
[quote]
LittlePigmom 寫道:

My child is now attending the weekday playgroup, by Teacher Robert.  He's really experienced and enthusiastic. My son is very happy every time he goes to Anfield.

He will join their summer camp too.  
Some of the classes are already full.
Hope the teacher will be good.

[/quote]

發表於 07-5-31 15:49 |顯示全部帖子

美香,

I join the prep program in weekday now.  10 chinese and 1 Indian girl in Justin's class.  However, all the kids and adults speak in english.
There are foreigners in some classes, most probably in K1-K3.

Radiomama

發表於 07-5-31 15:51 |顯示全部帖子

Furbymao,

Agree!  Teacher Robert is really excellent!  My boy misses him so much even we are now in Justin's class. (opposite classroom!)

發表於 07-5-31 16:08 |顯示全部帖子

Radiomama 寫道:
Furbymao,

Agree!  Teacher Robert is really excellent!  My boy misses him so much even we are now in Justin's class. (opposite classroom!)

Just nosy. Yr child attends the 8:30 am class right?
won't it be a bit hard for him, as he needs to wake up so early every day he goes to Anfield?

發表於 07-5-31 17:28 |顯示全部帖子

I have one Anfield summer blue T-shirt for sell, it is for playgroup class, suitable for 18 months to 2.5 yrs, sell at $20.  Pls PM me if you are interested.

請支持環保