用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 今日去咗 '聖公會幼稚園(分校)'報名...... ...
樓主: Spidermum
go

今日去咗 '聖公會幼稚園(分校)'報名......

發表於 06-11-5 00:34 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 今日去

Hi all,

I went to the open day today at SPC. It didn't give me a very good impression. When I took my son into the art room, there was a tray of scissors, and they were real scissors. My son is not even 2, but one of the teachers/workers asked him to take the scissors to cut paper. My son took one and opened it and almost cut himself. None of the 3 teachers/workers there thought it was dangerous letting a 2-yr old taking hold of a pair of real scissors. They were all smiley and friendly but I don't think they really care about the children. I think they were just there to sell the school.

And when we entered the language room, the English teacher was giving a class. I'm sorry to say this, but I think she was quite scary. She was yelling all the time. I can see that she tried very hard to look friendly but I don't think she was doing a very good job. So I don't think we'll go to the interview next week.

For the parents who went to the open day, what do think about it?

發表於 06-11-5 12:25 |顯示全部帖子

The SPC is small but neat.  To me, not my 1st preference but still better to SKH.   Do you know when the results of SKH be announced?  We have tried True Light, hummm.... a neat place but still not much daylight and small outdoor playground.  I love the environment of RosaryHill but too far for my daughter.  

In terms of the teaching method, not yet take a look.  I think I have to do some research on my preference list or wait until my daughter get a seat????  Woo.... hard to decide.

Would you like to share your experience and opinion!   

發表於 06-11-5 14:37 |顯示全部帖子

我囝囝而家讀緊K2, 有少少資料想同大家分享,哩間學校係活動教學。就好似佢地有個topic係講媽媽大肚了,咁o岩我又係大肚,所以班主任主動邀請我到學校做嘉賓,解答各位小朋友問題。個個小朋友都好似小記者,問得有板有眼。學校很喜歡用這類型方式教學,能加深小朋友記憶,透過邀請家長參與可以加強彼此溝通。
妹妹七個幾月,重21磅

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 06-11-5 14:49 |顯示全部帖子

bbone
我都有去spc open day, 不過stay左唔係好耐.....

clee999
你指既真光係大坑定係堅道? 如果大坑真光, 照計一大個運動場+室外遊樂場 (仲有室內體育館, 跳舞室, 泳池), 市區黎講真係算幾罕有架喇
同埋老師真係每日都會帶小朋友出去室外遊樂場玩, 任跑任爬, 真係包保夠晒運動lor

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 06-11-5 15:17 |顯示全部帖子

今日 去skh interview, 由"戲肉"開始講:
入到課室, 終於輪到見我地.....
老師"小朋友你叫咩名呀"
正常地我個仔無彩佢, 跟住老師望住我個仔玩"形狀入窿窿"玩具, 就望住佢玩, 贊下佢叻咁 (係好似平時大人贊細路果種, 好無誠意果種, 我唔識形容), 全長時間約2-3分鐘其中無任何問題(無論對家長or小朋友), 跟住, 派貼紙, 然後話13號會寄信通知, 完!
連最basic "小朋友呢個係邊個?" (daddy/mummy)
"小朋友你玩咩玩具?" "識唔識呢樣係咩呀?" 都無, 亦無重覆問多幾次問題 or tum小朋友講野, 亦無問家長任何問題
真係超求祈

發表於 06-11-5 15:40 |顯示全部帖子

Hi clee999,

SKH will mail the result to us on 13-Nov. So I guess we should know by 15 or 16.

發表於 06-11-5 17:45 |顯示全部帖子

雖然我沒有去,但我想回應下,當然啦!名校嗎?他們都唔憂收,可必浪費時間,聽你這樣說,我何會唔收,如收到結果可否告知我猜得對不對,謝謝.

發表於 06-11-5 18:33 |顯示全部帖子

Charlotte_mom

我同你有同感呀 ~ 超求祈, 同埋冇人理我地  

睇下我個仔interview情況:

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=796919&forum=6#13569709

發表於 06-11-6 01:26 |顯示全部帖子

I felt the same way that we were ignored, while the teacher has paid more than 1/2 of the time spending with another couple and their boy.  The teacher has not talked to us a word but she has done so with another 2 families.  However, the teacher did ask my girl to go painting, pass us a cup of tea, share kitchen sets with another boy, and ask her to say "thank you".

The experience was very odd compared to our another interview with another kinder.

daisy17772

醒目開學勳章

發表於 06-11-6 14:33 |顯示全部帖子

我個小朋友星期六都有去 interview,我都好想知佢地收生有咩準則,我都覺得佢地 in 得比較求其,我估佢地其實已經內定左收生,in 我地只係做樣,in 我小朋友個位老師都唔理我個仔,仲比我聽到佢同另外個家長講“你個小朋友好似我個仔呀”,我心諗家下係黎 interview 呀,唔係出黎傾揍仔經呀,我覺得對我個小朋友好唔公平,我夠要排幾個鐘囉 Form 啦,如果我一早知都唔會洗時間囉呀,反正都唔公平架啦
我鐘意你同我講 I Love U, I Love U Too!You're my sunshine. My only sunshine. U make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know dear. How much I Love U. Please don't take my sunshine away.

發表於 06-11-7 00:31 |顯示全部帖子

Sorry to hear that you guys have the same bad experience with SKH.  See my interview comments on :

SKH Central interview

My girl went to True Light in Canie Road for interview on Nov 6.  The teachers there are more friendly and ask many questions and share with me how to teach a kids to go potty.

發表於 06-11-7 19:07 |顯示全部帖子

Hi clee999:

Is the true light schol on Caine has any association with the one at Tai Hang. My girl will also have interview at True Light Tai Hang on Dec2, 06.  Can u share with me what the teacher has asked the kids?

thanks
daisy17772

發表於 06-11-7 20:00 |顯示全部帖子

I think they are sister schools.  The teachers there are quite nice.  They have a clear procedure provided on the letter that you can follow.  The teacher look at us (both parents) playing with my kid and say hello to my kids.  Most of the questions are asking me not my kid.  She only observe the interaction between the kid and her parents.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 06-11-7 21:43 |顯示全部帖子

clee999
That's why! U went to Caine Road campus. If you take a visit to the Tai Hang campus, I'm sure you'll be impressed
Yes, both Caine Road kg and Tai Hang kg students could be promoted directly to Tai Hang True Light Primary School. This is very attractive, right?
Although some people think TL is too "strict", it's not 100% true. Teachers may be more demanding at K1 in order to teach children behave in class (despite some students may have no schooling experience before, or went to int'l kinder which is too free in class). When students are getting used to school rules, teachers will give more freedom to students to express, to ask questions etc. Teachers always encourage students to bring course-related things from home & do presentation in class. TL uses activity approach, open-ended questions are used and children must think before getting the answer.
Most important of all, TL staff are patient and experienced. Communication between school and parents is excellent! It really builds up a "big family" spirit. Children can be grown up in an environment full of love.
So when I choose a kinder for my son. This "culture" becomes a high priority to me!

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 06-11-7 21:54 |顯示全部帖子

其實真光interview年年都係咁上下:
o係waiting room 等完之後, 會有幾組人同時入課室, 先o係房中間玩玩具, 老師會睇住父母同小朋友點玩, 跟住老師會問問題, 都係factual野eg平時邊個照顧, 屋企有咩人等等
老師會問小朋友野, 都係簡單問題eg咩名, 邊個係daddy mummy等等, 跟住有動作題, 多數會叫小朋友揀一個顏色波波, 然後去對面放入老師個basket
老師會鍾意小朋友乖d啦, 父母同學校有相同理念: 宗教啦(不過唔少學生都係非教徒), 對學習既要求啦(真光無測無考無默, 唔係谷既學校), 著重紀律&自理啦, 撲實啦, 而由於真光著重家校合作, 如果父母表現出願意參與, 一定有分加, 記住喇

發表於 06-11-14 18:13 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks Charlotte_mom and clee999 for the information.  

BTW, to my surprise, my girl has been accepted by SKH (Mt Butler). But I would still want try True Light as it seems to have a lots of good comments.

daisy17772

發表於 06-11-15 17:53 |顯示全部帖子

Hi all,

My son is accepted for the pm class. I hope i can change it to the am class.

發表於 06-11-15 17:56 |顯示全部帖子

Hi bbone,

do u mean your son is accepted by Central? as there is no PM class in Mt. Butler.  Isn't it?

發表於 06-11-15 18:52 |顯示全部帖子

Yes, he´s accepted by the Central school. I´m not sure about the MB school. Is your child accepted by MB?

發表於 06-11-15 22:43 |顯示全部帖子

bbone,

yes my son is studying K1 at MB.  From the sharings of the other column I think it is more or less the same on what's going on in both schools.  the difference is more on the way of communication and character of individual teachers.