点至可以考入DGS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-10-27 23:09 |只看該作者

点至可以考入DGS

请问要读边间幼儿院,才可以最终考入DGS...

2#
發表於 06-11-11 03:12 |只看該作者

Re: 点至可以考入DGS

我女兒是DGS的, 以前讀Victoria Kindergarten, 她的同學大部分是來自 Victoria Kindergarten, St. Catherine, CCKG,  聖士提反女子中學附屬幼稚園 or 寶山幼稚園~

3#
發表於 06-11-11 23:07 |只看該作者

我正考慮讀根德園,請問有冇根德園的學生讀到DGJS?

4#
發表於 06-11-14 00:09 |只看該作者

Dear Rachel,
Your daughter must be very smart. Did you join any one of those P1 interview class before? or/ do you have same religion background ? or / ex DGS student? If we don't have any sort of these related factors, can you give me some hints for sucessful application to DGS?  

Actually my BB is now in Yew Chung's playgroup. We just did the interview for SC & KV but she did not answer one question correctly    We are still waiting for the interview for Heep Yunn & ESF. Let's hope she have better luck for these two.

Any of her schoolmates coming from international schools??? I suppose DGS put a strong emphasis on English. But I afraid YC or ESF's chinese level are not strong enough compare to the mainstream kindergarten.

My dream school is DGS, will consider international kindergarten can be an option to lead to DGS?

Cheers!!

5#
發表於 06-11-14 13:50 |只看該作者

我正考慮讀根德園,請問有冇根德園的學生讀到DGJS?

好像有, 但不多~ 

6#
發表於 06-11-14 15:32 |只看該作者

Dear Rachel,
Your daughter must be very smart. Did you join any one of those P1 interview class before? or/ do you have same religion background ? or / ex DGS student? If we don't have any sort of these related factors, can you give me some hints for sucessful application to DGS?

My daughter didn't join any P.1 interview class outside. Coz. Victoria Kindergarten is really good. They practice P.1 interview with their students. They knew my daughter was gonna attend the DGJS interview so the teacher asked her questions DGJS's headmistress liked to ask.  Religious background is not important and I am not an old girl.

These may increase your daughter's chance :
1. The girl is outspoken.
2. They do the interview with 2 girls each time. While one is answering questions, the other one can read books (Don't just sit there. Reading is highly recommended at DGS).  Remember to say good morning, good afternoon and thank you. Answer as much as possible for each question.
3. She has good academic results or has won swimming medals.
4. Both father and mother accompany the girl to the interview and father wears suit and tie.
5. Parents are professionals or government staff.
6. Mother is a housewife.

Actually my BB is now in Yew Chung's playgroup. We just did the interview for SC & KV but she did not answer one question correctly  We are still waiting for the interview for Heep Yunn & ESF. Let's hope she have better luck for these two.

If you aim at DGJS, I think Yew Chung is not suitable.
My friend's son was in Yew Chung before and entered Creative. Only a few of his schoolmates went to a good primary school. She said it's difficult for Yew Chung students to apply a good traditonal primary school successfully. So, she immediately moved her daughter to St. Catherine and entered DGJS with my daughter.

Any of her schoolmates coming from international schools??? I suppose DGS put a strong emphasis on English. But I afraid YC or ESF's chinese level are not strong enough compare to the mainstream kindergarten.

I don't know any of her schoolmates coming from international schools. Although they put strong emphasis on English, Chinese is also very important. Starting from P.4 or P.5, girls whose Chinese is bad, are grouped together to attend Chinese lessons. A teacher is assigned to help them improve their Chinese. Recently, Mandarin is also used as teaching medium for Chinese for 1 class of a form.

My dream school is DGS, will consider international kindergarten can be an option to lead to DGS?

I would say that a mainstream kindergarten with native English teacher will be better.

7#
發表於 06-11-15 00:25 |只看該作者

Dear Rachel,
Many many thanks for your detailed explanations that's very helpful!!  

We do think about Victoria before, but since we are living in the kowloon side. People said the homantin campus is rather new & only the hk ones are better.
Some people also said Victoria are too "commerical". I really don't understand why. As I reckon nearly all the kindergarten in Kowloon Tong are ALL "commerical". What do you think?

8#
發表於 06-11-15 17:21 |只看該作者

JYFC 寫道:
Dear Rachel,
Many many thanks for your detailed explanations that's very helpful!!  

We do think about Victoria before, but since we are living in the kowloon side. People said the homantin campus is rather new & only the hk ones are better.
Some people also said Victoria are too "commerical". I really don't understand why. As I reckon nearly all the kindergarten in Kowloon Tong are ALL "commerical". What do you think?

Dear JYFC,

I'm glad to be of help.

The Victoria, South Horizon branch, was also a new one when my son and daughter studied there. I think all their branches are run in the same way. Since Victoria was already well established at that time, I wasn't worried about whether the campus was new or not. Actually, I liked that new campus coz it was clean, all the furniture was new and the facilities were up-to-date. My son and daughter liked the school very much. The most important thing was that there wasn't any studying problem for my daughter after moving on to DGJS. Sure Victoria is “commercial” coz it's profit-making.

If you live in Kowloon , I would suggest CCKG. For years, many of the P.1 girls are from CCKG and it's like the kindergarten of DGS and DBS. However, it's much more difficult to apply successfully when compared with SC and Victoria.

Wish your daughter all the luck!

9#
發表於 06-11-16 13:56 |只看該作者

Dear Rachel,
I give Victoria HMT a call this morning. To my surprise they are still accepting the 2007 k1 intake which is a good news for me. Hopefully my daughter can have better luck with this later interview.

For CCKG, I will definitely give her a try next year. But unforturnately my daughter is a year-end BB, this will surely makes it even more difficult for her to apply successfully.

Let's keep my fingers crossed  
該用戶已被刪除

10#
發表於 06-12-1 15:45 |只看該作者

Re:

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

11#
發表於 06-12-1 19:24 |只看該作者

Re:

Joy&eace 寫道:
Hi Rachel,

Do you mind to share if your girl has taken and supplementary course for writing in both Chinese and English?

Dear Joy&eace,

My daughter didn't take any supplementary course for writing in both Chinese and English. However, I read a lot of Chinese and English story books with her and taught her phonics. I think reading strengthens her vocabulary and grammar while phonics helps her memorize the spelling.
該用戶已被刪除

12#
發表於 06-12-2 22:27 |只看該作者

Re:

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 07-7-4 10:47 |只看該作者
原文章由 rachelfan 於 06-11-14 15:32 發表

My daughter didn't join any P.1 interview class outside. Coz. Victoria Kindergarten is really good. They practice P.1 interview with their students. They knew my daughter was gonna attend the3. She has good academic results or has won swimming medals. ...

did your daughter win any swimming medals? what kind of medals they will consider for such a 5 yr old kids?

14#
發表於 07-12-5 09:16 |只看該作者
原文章由 LadyWong 於 07-7-4 10:47 發表

did your daughter win any swimming medals? what kind of medals they will consider for such a 5 yr old kids?

Dear rachel

Your daugther is very smart . Please advise any counted extra currumlium for young kids to study. My baby goes to pre-nursery next year. Thanks for your sharing in advance.
Ewong

15#
發表於 08-8-6 11:40 |只看該作者
Dear Rachel,

I also want to know what kind of swimming medals they will consider? Also, can you tell us what kind of questions that the principal will ask during the interview?

Cheers

16#
發表於 08-9-9 02:19 |只看該作者
請問面試是用英文還是中文? 可否自選?
原帖由 baba_mama 於 08-8-6 11:40 發表
Dear Rachel,

I also want to know what kind of swimming medals they will consider? Also, can you tell us what kind of questions that the principal will ask during the interview?

Cheers
;-) :-o 8-) :-? :-P :-x

17#
發表於 08-9-16 11:52 |只看該作者
Interview時是否要準備Personal Profile...如果個個都有...究竟校長是否每份都詳閱???

18#
發表於 08-9-16 18:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 LadyWong 於 07-7-4 10:47 發表

My daughter didn't have any swimming medals. However, I know some of the girls have medals granted by the South China Athletic Association.

19#
發表於 08-9-16 18:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 terryeric 於 08-9-16 11:52 發表
Interview時是否要準備Personal Profile...如果個個都有...究竟校長是否每份都詳閱???

You can submit the personal profile, copy of school report, certificates, etc. together with the application form.

20#
發表於 08-9-16 18:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 safarimama 於 08-9-9 02:19 發表
請問面試是用英文還是中文? 可否自選?

我女兒當年見上一任校長時是用中文面試的,但現在的面試有些好像是英文老師接見和用英文進行的~

[ 本帖最後由 rachelfan 於 08-9-16 20:19 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題