3#
發表於 06-9-8 10:45 |只看該作者

Re: 維多利亞英文小學好不好?

學校推介的IB教學理念,在運用中到底係咩?
小朋友係唔係冇咩壓力?但係會唔會太得閑?

4#
發表於 06-9-26 22:09 |只看該作者

The IB curriculum is composed of five essential elements, namely, Knowledge, Skills, Attitudes, Actions and Concepts.

Knowledge—subject matter integrated
Skills—what we want students to be able to do
Attitudes—what we want students to value and feel
Concepts—what we want students to understand
Actions—how do we want students to act

小朋友係冇咩壓力, 因為P1 & P2係冇 exam, 只有quiz 和whole year assessment. 佢地好注重reading and thinking. 小朋友可以在愉快既環境學習. 功課就比traditional school 少好多, 但又唔會太得閑. 我仔每天都要看中文和英文書ga, 佢2個月已經睇左100本書.  

5#
發表於 06-10-9 10:06 |只看該作者

hoboy

2個月睇100本書....都幾誇張喎!! 你仔仔幾年班啦?? 已經可以自己睇書咁叻啦, 我仔讀緊維多利亞K3, 佢未可以自己睇書    .......
想問問維小中/英水平去到那裡?  例如能流利地聽/講英文嗎?  高班些少中文能作幾百字文嗎??  中文科應該用國語教, 國語可以嗎??  學校注重學生紀律嗎??
唔好意思, 咁多問題!!

6#
發表於 06-10-16 22:07 |只看該作者

其實都唔係好誇張, 每日keep住睇中文和英文書, 一個月都60本

我仔2年班, 佢係超級書迷, 很喜歡睇書. 我見維小既學生都好喜歡睇書, 有些已經睇緊Chapter Books. 你仔未可以自己睇書, 但他喜歡跟你一起睇書嗎? 其實睇書未必一定要小朋友自己睇, 你讀俾佢聽或你讀1d佢讀1d都獲益不少.

維小既學生聽英文就一定冇問題, 但講就1dd,  始終都冇international school 既學生咁流利和發音純正, 維小既學生平時都係用中文交談. 國語水平都幾好, 學生紀律就一般.

至於高班既程度我就唔係太清楚喇  

7#
發表於 06-10-24 13:51 |只看該作者

hoboy

想請問你囝囝今年升P2有否比P1時多好多功課, 因近來係BK見有唔少家長都話維小開始摧谷學生要有好成績???  
囝囝開學至今每日多功課嗎??  默書測驗多唔多呢??

8#
發表於 06-10-25 22:51 |只看該作者

neo媽,

我同你好arm feel. 我都係喜歡輕鬆學習才選維小.

囝囝今年升P2係比P1多功課, 但也不算太多, 每天3-5份, 間中1份,  功課不會太多抄寫, 大多要學生思考和如何應用所學到既知識. 囝囝不用1小時都可以完成. 默書就每星期一次. 英文默10個生字, 中文讀默和詞語. 比traditional school 少好多.

我見有BK家長都話維小開始摧谷學生: "今年一星期教一課, 開學到依家已經教佐八課有多, 同本地學校無異,默書默全課......兩週一小測" 就有點費解. 我囝囝果班並沒有這回事, 而我也未聽過其他班有摧谷既情況. 開學到依家只教了4課, 冇測驗, 只有評估 (做了1次maths quiz 和 中文). 評估不需要特別溫習, 因為之前老師俾既功課已足夠. 十月份已去了同POI有關既field trip 兩次. 小朋友仍然好開心上學.

其實太多功課維小既家長係會complain ga.  

9#
發表於 06-10-26 08:23 |只看該作者

Hoboy

I agree your comment very much.  I read some comments in BK recently. The comments are very strange to me.

I cannot feel any pressure from school.  My kid is still very happy to go to school. Quantity of homework is acceptable.  My kid has time to develope own interest and read a lot of books. My kid also studied Victoria Kindergarten, sometimes homework in Kindergarten is more than now in Primary School. They have dictations very week, one for Chinese and one for English.  But only a few words.   

hoboy 寫道:

我見有BK家長都話維小開始摧谷學生: "今年一星期教一課, 開學到依家已經教佐八課有多, 同本地學校無異,默書默全課......兩週一小測" 就有點費解.

10#
發表於 06-10-27 09:22 |只看該作者

hoboy / Lalawong

你好!! 真開心係BK搵到2個維小家長可以解答我疑問
近排聽到有BK媽媽話維小變質, 我真係幾擔心, 我揀維小都係因為輕鬆無壓力, 如果佢真係變到同傳統學校一樣, 都唔知點算....一日3-5樣功課可以接受.
呀仔昨天去了維小參觀, 佢去完返來話英文老師好好, 教佢地做手工, 但學校好細, 圖書管都好細喎

11#
發表於 06-10-30 10:30 |只看該作者

neo媽,

我最喜歡維小放長假係冇功課, 係真真正正既holiday, 可以俾小朋友relax.

學校真係好細, 但學生唔多, 尚可接受. 我地都係等緊新校舍呢.  

12#
發表於 06-11-2 13:08 |只看該作者

I choose Victoria not only because of 輕鬆無壓力.  Although Victoria is private school, their quality can be guaranteed because it is authorised IB school.  Nowadays many schools claim themselves applying IB.  In fact, they need time to get the approval.

Studying IB is not easy.  I heard that only selected students can study IB program in Canada.  輕鬆無壓力 is only for lower grades.  For higher grades, I believe that they also need to face certain pressure.  Their pressure is to search for suitable information and analysis and present it.  For traditional schools, they need to do huge volume of homework, prepare for the exam.  Both students in traditional schools and Victoria should work hard, but we have to think which one is worth.

Now, my kid is only in P1.  He enjoy school life very much.  He has a lot of time to read books.  In fact, school encourage them to read a lot but no pressure.

13#
發表於 06-11-13 12:55 |只看該作者

My child is now studying in K2 at Belcher's branch.  I went to a semainar last Friday which aims at showing the difference between VSA and traditional school.  During which, two P5 students did a presentation of one of their projects, one used English and the other used Mandarin.  I was so impressed by their presentation, their lanaguage skill is very good.  However I wonder whether their peers also do the same.

14#
發表於 06-11-17 14:25 |只看該作者

The school encourages the students to present what they learned. The students have to take turns to prepare for the school assembly each Friday. They present in English and Putonghua. Of course, not each student can speak very well. I think this is a good training to them.  

15#
發表於 07-7-31 22:00 |只看該作者
My child is studying in Victoria Kindergarten K2 now.  I also consider to let my child study in VSA because IB and the new campus are quite attractive.  

But I've read "international school discussion zone" before.  The comments are quite different with the below comments (real VSA parent's comments).

I encourage VSA parents view "IS discussion zone" and give some feedback.

16#
發表於 07-9-1 11:01 |只看該作者
My child is studing P2 now and I find that it's worth to study in VSA eventhough they increased the school fees. Her english level is absoulty higher than the same grade of traditional students such as speaking, reading and writing skill. Also,the new campus is very attractive. It included 3 level carpark, seaview cafteria, tennis court, swimming pool.... I believe that VSA students would have a present and outgoing looks.

17#
發表於 07-9-10 12:39 |只看該作者
我仔今年入p1, 好開心。
開學一星期,已經開始中英文閲讀了,我仔一直都中意看書,所以都好自覺。:)

18#
發表於 07-9-28 21:26 |只看該作者
Has anyone ever heard that P1 applicant was rejected by VSA so far?  I applied VSA P1 this year but the school called me and said they have pretty much enrolment in first round application and asked me if I wanna quit from my application.

19#
發表於 07-11-22 16:01 |只看該作者
原文章由 SNAKEMAMM 於 07-9-10 12:39 硐表
我仔今年入p1, 好開心。
開學一星期,已經開始中英文閲讀了,我仔一直都中意看書,所以都好自覺。:)

Hi, Snakemamm,

你好, 我是維幼k3的家長, 小女將於明年升上維小, 但我就有d擔心交通安排, 據悉小學已全面遷入深灣校舍, 請問一下返放學會否因塞車而很遲才歸家呢?  因香港仔隧道經常大塞車.......其實前日我去了維小新校舍參加講座, 都順便向閘口保安員打聽一下返學放學的交通情況, 希望聽下家長用家意見, thanks

kikimon

20#
發表於 09-8-2 09:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 hoboy 於 06-9-7 11:52 PM 發表
好!  我仔讀緊   

hi,
請問係唔係活動教學 ?
學費大約幾多錢架 ? 同埋會唔會有咩什費要交

thanks
‹ 上一主題|下一主題