密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 施德福K1
樓主: Nicolelau
go

施德福K1

發表於 06-9-1 10:52 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 施德福K1

Where will Erin take the Mandarin trial lesson tomorrow? Can I also bring Nicole to join as I am free tomorrow? Actually I show her one Mandarin Nursery Rhyme VCD recently and she enjoys the singing part very much. And she almost manage to sing the whole song in Mandarin.

What I mean to "force" her to speak in Cantonese is actually to communicate more in Cantonese with her as her pronunication was really horrible and she opts to speak in english even people don't know English. Actually her Cantonese-speaking skill is much better now.

PM me to Mandarin Trial class info if you can. thanks.   

發表於 06-9-1 10:57 |顯示全部帖子

Dodolumama,
I've sent you a PM. Please check. Thanks a lot.

jychan

發表於 06-9-1 11:16 |顯示全部帖子

jychan,
i sent you a pm too! please check too!    

發表於 06-9-2 09:50 |顯示全部帖子

Dodolumama & jychan:

They need to bring some buttons to school on Wednesday, did all of you have enough? Cause I work in a garments company, I can ask Scott bring some more for Nicole and Erin.

發表於 06-9-2 15:38 |顯示全部帖子

hi Nicolelau,
I found 5 buttons for her. Not sure if that's enough.
Thanks for the offer.

You see this week's notice? Seems it's very "competitive" to  get the Principal's Award. The number of receipients are so few. Given there are 26 students in the class, the chance of getting the award is less than 30%. haha...

Nicolelau 寫道:
Dodolumama & jychan:

They need to bring some buttons to school on Wednesday, did all of you have enough? Cause I work in a garments company, I can ask Scott bring some more for Nicole and Erin.

發表於 06-9-4 12:36 |顯示全部帖子

Dear DodoluMama:

Not at all, I had already asked Scott bring a lot of buttons to share with the classmates, so i think it's enough.

Take it easy la, just think that's for fun for the award.   How about the Mandarin course last Saturday?

But I felt very confused in the notice that what they had learnt and also which book need to bring to the school. Last week I haven’t asked Scott bring the mandarin book but Ms Yeung hasn’t called me. But last night I double check the notice, they had the mandarin lesson last week??? Do you know what they had learnt?

I know as below:
Chinese lesson -人
English lesson - Big / Small
English song – London Bridge is falling down

發表於 06-9-4 13:42 |顯示全部帖子

Nicolelau,
I've given around 10 buttons for Nicole to bring to school but most of them are black in colour as my clothes are mostly dark in colour.

thanks for asking Scott to bring extra buttons to share with the classmates.

Same as you, I was also a bit confused about the notices. Nicole brought the Mandarin textbook back to school last week but Miss Yeung returned it to me this week without marking any stamps of "Have Taught" on any pages. But I still keep it in the school bag this week.   

Dodolumama,
Take it easy for the Awards. Actually I find Nicole enjoying her school life very much and that's already fulfilling my purpose. I also care about her academic results but I don't want to give her too much pressure. Take it easy   

How's Erin Mandarin trial lesson?

jychan

發表於 06-9-4 14:19 |顯示全部帖子

I cross-checked the Aug/Sept schedule of progress & activities. I'm also very confused. When the books returned last weekend, I didn't find a textbook that covers "big / small" & "long / short", but only an exercise book with "人". Re: mandarin, she managed to say " 我是王小光".. that is chapter 2 or 3 of the book. When I read the first few pages, she didn't respond to me at all. For Sounds & Shapes of Letters, she sang the "A" & "B" songs. This week, Erin can tell me the names of the kids that are in Pooh's group, and she told me a boy in her group (dont want to mention name here, haha) taught her some bad habit!

For the mandarin trail lesson, it was an one-on-one lesson. She was quite bored although the teacher tried so hard to keep her pay attention to what she said. The teacher is an exchange student from shanghai. She's quite good. However, I would say a playgroup format is more suitable for a 3 years old. As per the center, there are not enough students to form a playgroup though, so, will see how it goes....  

發表於 06-9-4 14:30 |顯示全部帖子

Nicole told me nothing about the Mandarin lesson. She demonstrated to me the "actions" to make the sound of Letter A & B which Miss Winnie taught them. It's funny. She also sung the songs of Letter A & B. I think she could remember most of the things Miss Winnie taught her as she loves English.

Miss Yeung taught them how to grib a pencil to write and she pretended to be Miss Yeung & taguht me to do so.        Her way of pretending Miss Yeung is  so silly.

發表於 06-9-7 09:50 |顯示全部帖子

Dear jychan:

Scott told me Nicole haven't go to school yesterday,
Is that true?

Did all of you bring the 3R photo to school this two days? I just remember to ask Scott bring the photo today.   

發表於 06-9-7 16:55 |顯示全部帖子

Smart Scott. Yes, Nicole had a fever yesterday due to her flu and so I didn't let her go to school. But she's ok today and woke up very early to school. She seemed missing school after one day-off. She even asked me in the middle of the night if 太陽伯伯 come out or not so that she can go to school.

For the 3R photo, I asked Nicole to bring it last week as it was marked in the Programme Sheet distributed 2 weeks ago.

Remember no school tomorrow. It's holiday.   

發表於 06-9-11 10:03 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all:

Long time no see.

jychan: Nicole got better now? Scott also got some running nose in the morning.

發表於 06-9-11 13:03 |顯示全部帖子

nicolelau,
Nicole is alright now. She's a bit grumpy to wake up this morning as she slept a bit late last night.
:cry:

jychan

發表於 06-9-12 12:09 |顯示全部帖子

Dear jychan & DodoluMama:

This week becomes cool; did you bring the long sleeve cardigan with Nicole and Erin? Yesterday
Miss Yeung kindly called me to bring the long sleeve cardigan with Scott, she is very attentive and I felt very warmth. I had more confidence to let Scott to study at this school now. Do you agree with me?

Remember to bring the leaves on 18-22/9 to school, how many pieces will you ask them to bring?

發表於 06-9-12 12:33 |顯示全部帖子

I've already let Nicole to wear the cardigan this 2 days.
Miss Yeung & Miss LAw are both very caring to the kids.
Last week, Nicole got a bit blood bleeding and Miss Law called me to inform. They also keep preaching Nicole about how good it would be to be a big sister and to love her baby sister.       
I've almost forgot to bring the leaves. Thanks for the reminder.

Where are the other SF NCA mums - Ferriswheel, knf .... come & chat!

發表於 06-9-12 21:35 |顯示全部帖子

hi all,
after one month, any plan to visit Stafford 觀課?

發表於 06-9-13 10:04 |顯示全部帖子

Hi DodoluMama:

Do you have any planning? I really want to visit but I scare will disturb the students to learning.
What’s yr suggestion?

發表於 06-9-13 11:55 |顯示全部帖子

I would like to join if it's OK.
Do your kid like to do homework. Nicole wanted me to finish the whole "re-writing" homework book yesterday. However, she had no interest in reading the Chinese textbook.   

發表於 06-9-13 12:12 |顯示全部帖子

ee? what need to be finished in the pre-writing homework book? I saw some dots on the page already.

Re: school visit. I went there once with my husband, before we decided to send Erin to Stafford. It was a short visit, watching kids go to bathroom, peeping the classroom (because we did not want to disturb the kids too much), talking to Miss Chan etc... last time, we visited at around 10am, after the kids settled down. If interested let's fix a date & call Miss Yeung or Miss Ng to arrange... I believe 3 parents are not too many.

jychan 寫道:
I would like to join if it's OK.
Do your kid like to do homework. Nicole wanted me to finish the whole "re-writing" homework book yesterday. However, she had no interest in reading the Chinese textbook.   

發表於 06-9-13 12:19 |顯示全部帖子

Nicole just did part of the dot-dot homework at school & there was still half page to be finished. Maybe the teacher reminded her to do homework with mummy at home, she even asked me to let her do it in the daytime when I called her from office.

For school visit, I prefer to arrange it in the week of 25- 29 Sep, anytime. See if it fits your schedule or let me know if you want earlier date. Thanks.