密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 學之園(海逸校)06K1
樓主: LydiaWong
go

學之園(海逸校)06K1

發表於 07-7-31 16:35 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia

Write from 1-250 at a time ?  If so, then his concentration span is really good.  It's okay if Preston does not like drawing that much.  You can't expect everyone to have a liking on everything.

Btw, would like to ask sth about Kumon math ?  Does a kid have to do 10 pages of homework everyday ?

發表於 07-7-31 17:32 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia,

It's good that Preston can write 1 to 250.  Brian still cannot write some numbers (e.g. 3, 5) well.  Anyway, they will learn writing again in K2.

ljsze,

You are right.  For lower levels, kids have to finish 10 worksheets in 10 minutes every day.  The worksheets are not difficult.  But for higher levels, they have to finish less worksheets every day and the time allowed is longer.

發表於 07-7-31 21:00 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,Doris,
Preston won't stop writing once he gets started, sometimes he wants to write more than that. He can count up to 400. Kumon really does a good job in this. They have a counting board so they do counting everytime verbally. The worksheets are not difficult and they can all handle. Only if they have the mood. Preston sometimes can finish 2-3 piles a day, sometimes he doesn't like to do at all. Just depends on his mood. Actaully it's better to develop a good habit instead.

I try to book the Disneyland Hollywood hotel for next week but it's all full. I'm thinking if we should still go to Disneylor wait until later.
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

發表於 07-8-1 10:23 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia,

I let Brian work on one pile of Kumon worksheets everyday.  He now realizes that he has to do his homework before having dinner everyday.

I have also bought some workbooks from Popular for Brian and I let him work on four pages every day.  It seems that Brian likes the workbooks more than the Kumon worksheets.

發表於 07-8-1 10:49 |顯示全部帖子
see.  10 minutes' job is not tough. making homework as a daily routine job is a good one.  i let davin finish a few pages of activity books some time after dinner.  i'll go to visit kumon centre again to see if i'll let davin join for a period.

發表於 07-8-1 13:12 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,Doris,
It's good your kids develop a habit of doing homework. Preston only does it whenever he likes and sometimes he'll do pages and need to convince him to leave some later.

發表於 07-8-1 13:14 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,Doris,
It's good your kids develop a habit of doing homework. Preston only does it whenever he likes and sometimes he'll do pages and need to convince him to leave some later.

發表於 07-8-1 14:55 |顯示全部帖子
does your kid watch any tv program (i mean program for adult not for kid) ?

發表於 07-8-1 16:02 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,

Brian used to watch tv programs for adults in the afternoon and evening.  I live with my parents and its unavoidable that they will watch tv programs at lunch time and dinner time.  

Personally, I don't like Brian watching those programs as he will learn some impolite wordings and he will use them from time to time.

發表於 07-8-2 12:06 |顯示全部帖子
Doris

Understand.  That's why I keep reminding Davin that only the VCDs that we bought & the channels for kids are for him.  Of course, I don't watch TV when I'm with him (except watching kids' program with him).

Lydia

See if we will meet Preston tmr.

Dear All

We will go for holiday trip & will be back next Tuesday.

發表於 07-8-2 19:44 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,

How can you avoid your in-laws from watching TV while having meals?

BTW, enjoy your trip!

發表於 07-8-3 17:46 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

I brought Brian to the Space Museum for the movie Deep Sea this afternoon.  The duration is 40 minutes.  Brian enjoyed so much at the beginning but couldn't concentrate at the later part.  Anyway, it's a good trial to him.

Lydia,

How is Preston today in the Ocean Park?  Did he meet the LH kids there finally?

發表於 07-8-6 13:02 |顯示全部帖子
Dear guys,
Preston did enjoy the Ocean Park by himself until the last day when I was there. He behaved badly and so shy that he did not attend the graduation finally. Anyway, I guess he did learn something.
Edwin's mom told me she saw Preston on Friday, did you see him too?
I'm off from this Wed but the weather is not good, need to arrange something to go out with him.

發表於 07-8-6 17:10 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia,

Good to know that Preston enjoyed in the Ocean Park.  It's normal that kids behave differently when their parents are around.  Brian will act in this way sometimes.

BTW, did you reserve a room in Hollywood Hotel finally?  If the rain is not that heavy this Friday, I may bring Brian to Disneyland.  He misses Autopia and Winnie the Pooh ride very much.

Hope that the weather will not be too bad this week so kids can enjoy the last few days of holidays.

發表於 07-8-10 17:16 |顯示全部帖子
Hi all,

My daughter - Hei Ching was still one of the students in K1B. Do you know which class will they be promoted to in K2 ? Actually, my daughter also likes Miss Cheng very much but Miss Lai is also good as she is Hei Ching's class teacher in PN class.

晞晴媽咪

發表於 07-8-16 09:15 |顯示全部帖子
晞晴媽咪,

Brian is now in K2B.  Is Hei Ching in K2A this year?

發表於 07-8-16 23:32 |顯示全部帖子
Hi DorisTSL,

Hei Ching is also in K2B this year. She is happy to have Miss Lai to be her class teacher again. However, she shows a bit shy when facing Mr. Shawn. How about Brian ?

晞晴媽咪

發表於 07-8-17 10:45 |顯示全部帖子
晞晴媽咪,

This is the first time that Brian has a male teacher.  I could see that he's a bit shy when talking to Mr. Shawn.  He may need more time.

發表於 07-12-23 16:34 |顯示全部帖子
Anyone will apply 陳守仁小學?