教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 學之園(海逸校)06K1
樓主: LydiaWong
go

學之園(海逸校)06K1 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 06-8-5 16:18 |只看該作者

Re: 學之園(海逸校)06K1

Hi Lydia,

I have visited the 學之園 quite some time.  I'd like to know is yr son still attending the pre-nursery?  Mon-Fri? Did yr son enjoy school life there? What does he learn there?

My daughter is now attending the TUTORTIME nursery.. but I think the tution fee is too expensive ($6500/mth).  I want her to go to other school which is more economical.  I visited also William, Deborah, Cannan in Whampoa, I found them not so satisfactory.  What's yr opinion?

62#
發表於 06-8-5 17:44 |只看該作者

why it is called the "1st commercial kindergarten??

63#
發表於 06-8-6 15:29 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I brought Brian to a swimming pool to play again this morning.  It's good that he was not afraid of water.  However, it's not too hot this morning so the water was cold.  Brian's body kept on shaking once he was out of water.

Lydia,

$500 sounds attractive for a stay in Gold Coast Hotel.  Please tell us some more when you return.  Enjoy your trip.

64#
發表於 06-8-6 16:42 |只看該作者

ellylau,
I visited all the kindergarten you mentioned. I didn't really like the environment too. However, I went for an open day at LH and I just liked the place. Then I talked to the teachers and principal and knew that the teaching method is bilingual. I then had no doubt to let my son study in this school since 2 years old. He studied for 1 and 1/2 years of pre-nursery. Next week he'll go to K1. He likes the school very much and he learns a lot and he's now fluent in both English and Cantonese even a little bit of Mandarin. So far so good and I will let my son continue his kindergarten here if possible.

shirley_diamond,
It's invested by a commercial company but the way they run is not commercial at all (at least I don't feel it). Only tuition fee and uniform fee, that's it, no extra fee.
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

65#
發表於 06-8-6 16:47 |只看該作者

Doris,
Nice to hear that Brian likes to play water. I hope the weather will be fine tomorrow so we can enjoy the sunshine and beach (although Tuen Mun only) :  I went to a trial class this am (a free coupon from toyrus star card) at the Little Gym. Preston likes it so much and they learn some skills about gymnastics. Cos after August there is no more swimming class and I want to let him do some sports activities and it's not bad. It's a big place for the kids to run around and learn gymnastics. Have you heard about it?

66#
發表於 06-8-6 21:09 |只看該作者

Hi LydiaWong,

Thanks for your information.

F.Y.I. pls. also try a free class running by "MY GYM".  It's worth to try.

67#
發表於 06-8-8 10:51 |只看該作者

Lydia,

I've heard 'Little Gym' but I don't know much about it.  Where is it?  Was the free coupon sent by mail?

68#
發表於 06-8-8 21:57 |只看該作者

Doris, Lydia

Hi, I'm back from Phuket.  We all enjoyed the trip.

I could not quite see the effect of tsunami.  Beach & hotel seems not renovated.  Tourist area seems to be the same.  Staying in a good hotel is important because your major activities will be in the hotel, at the beach & the area around the beach.  It was good that my son enjoyed swimming & playing at the beach a lot.

It's worth visiting Phuket.  Food there is good & cheap.  A good choice for leisure holiday.  Btw, Lydia, Thai Orient offers daily direct flight to Phuket, flying to Phuket at 0810 & returning at 1650.  Our package (3 days 2 nights) costs us less than $3000 per head.  Kids only need to pay air ticket fee.

My son missed the day visiting the airport.  The school took the kids to the airport by school bus.

ellylau, I do agree with Lydia's comment.  I also visited some kinders before (most of them in Kln Tong).  Yet, when I visited LH, I already loved it at first sight.  And, my son also enjoyed school life a lot, and learnt a lot at the same time.

69#
發表於 06-8-9 16:32 |只看該作者

Doris,
The little gym is at TST and I got the coupon from mail. But I can see there is advertisment at BK, you can check it out. But as ellylau recommend, I'll go to My gym for trial out too (it's closer, at metropolis mall). Will let you know which one is better? Are you interested, maybe we can join together?

ljsze,
Welcome back. I did not pick Phuket coz we want to travel by Cathay (Preston liked Cathay last time coz of the TV and the souveniers) and I don't like to change flights. Maybe when he's a little bit older, we may go. It's sounds like fun and relaxing.
We went to Gold Coast Hotel for 2 days, not bad  and Preston had a lot of fun too.

Will you take your son to school on the 1st day? I will and hope to see you at school.

70#
發表於 06-8-10 10:46 |只看該作者

Lydia

basically, i take my son to school every day.  so, see you tomorrow. will give you the contact of travel agent later today.

71#
發表於 06-8-10 11:32 |只看該作者

Lydia,

Please let me know some more about My Gym later.  I will be interested in letting Brian join if it's on Saturdays.

By the way, does Preston still take the Heep Hong course?

ljsze,

It's good to know that your trip is enjoyable.  Does your son like the food there?

Dear all,

I will also bring Brian to school tomorrow.  Last year, it took Brian 5 months to get used to schooling.  He is reluctant to change, so a change of teachers and classroom will mean too much for him.  I hope he needs less time this year.

See you all tomorrow.

72#
發表於 06-8-11 14:23 |只看該作者

Lydia

I remember you want the contact of Travel Agent.  Right ?  Pls see PM.

73#
發表於 06-8-11 14:30 |只看該作者

Lydia, Doris

I thought I see both of you as I recognize the name tags of your son.  Yet, the school was too crowded.  I did not go into the classroom today.  Too many parents inside.  And, I believe my son could handle the situation.  Up to my expectation, Miss Cheng told me that he performed great in the classroom.  He is fine with new environment & strangers, I told Miss Cheng.  Miss Yvonne seems to be good as well.

I believe you were in the classroom.  Pls share what happened & what you observe.

74#
發表於 06-8-11 16:59 |只看該作者

ljsze,
Thanks for your info. We went to Gold Coast already, maybe I'll use it next time when we go on trip.

I saw your son, Davine(?) today, quite good in new envionment and new teachers. Miss Cheng and Miss Yvonne are both very nice and Preston told me he likes them. Preston behaved so well, even raised hands to answer questions, a little bit out of my expectations.   Anyway, they are K1 big boys now, right?

Doris,
Brian is much better than last year, he'll be fine next week. Maybe you try not to be there, I think maybe he is Ok if he doesn't see you.

75#
發表於 06-8-11 17:27 |只看該作者

Lydia

Did you enjoy your stay in Gold Coast ?  What did you do ?

It's good to hear that Preston also enjoys the new class.  I could see quite some PNA classmates in K1B (about 6 of them).  Maybe there are not many K1B students who are new to the school.  Do you see any Japanese in the class ?  I saw two classmates joining K1 PE class.

76#
發表於 06-8-13 22:32 |只看該作者

Lydia, ljsze,

As predicted, Brian was reluctant to changes.  Soon after he entered Room 5, he started to hold my hand and asked me to stay.  When I told him that it should be the time for him to play with teachers and classmates instead of me, he cried.  I chose to stay finally.

Maybe Lydia is right.  He can behave better in my absence.  Anyway, my parents will bring Brian to school in the coming week and I will have to work.

ljsze,

Most of the kids behaved well on the first day.  Ms Cheng and Ms. Yvonne are nice and they are experienced.  I am sure all kids will like them and they will learn a lot from them in this year.

77#
發表於 06-8-14 08:12 |只看該作者

Doris,
Please check pm.

ljsze,
We enjoyed the stay at Gold Coast. They are having some special programs for kids, besides the beach and swimming pool, there were magic class, some outdoor activites, so Preston liked it very much. And it's quite cheap, we only spent $1100 for 2 days and 1 night plus a dinner buffet plus a balcony room with a beautiful view for the whole family. Not bad for a short holiday.

78#
發表於 06-8-14 09:59 |只看該作者

Doris

I do agree that kids may behave better during absence of parents.  My in-laws also said that my son behaved better when I was not here.  Though a bit angry at what they said, I do think kid trust the closest person (ie parents) so they will not hold their emotions.  However, I have to help controlling his tantrum which occur more often recently.

Lydia

Is the hotel full ?  I guess maybe it's a good choice for a shortbreak.  Thanks for sharing experience.

Doris, Lydia

Did Miss Cheng call you after school these 2 school days ?  She seems to be quite a nice teacher.

79#
發表於 06-8-15 17:54 |只看該作者

Doris,
I went to school today. I saw Brian was still crying a little bit. But he's OK with an assistant stood by him. I think he'll adapt school again soon.

Preston starts Kumon (math) today. He's a bit grumpy and not too comfortable with so many kids older than him. I hope he'll learn something from it. I'm not sure it's a good choice but at least give it a try.

ljsze,
Ms. Cheng also gave me a call and told me about the performance of Preston at school.

80#
發表於 06-8-15 20:32 |只看該作者

ljsze,

Ms Cheng is really nice that she also gave me phone calls to talk about Brian's situation.  I was in the classroom on the first day.  I found that she is quite active in class and she takes the initiative to communicate with kids.

Lydia,

I knew from my Mom that Brian still cried this morning.  He didn't want my Mom to leave.  I guess he still thinks Ms Cheng is a 'stranger' and he didn't allow Ms Cheng to hold his hand.  I guess  he needs more time.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題