教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 學之園(海逸校)06K1
樓主: LydiaWong
go

學之園(海逸校)06K1 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 06-7-31 14:49 |只看該作者

Re: 學之園(海逸校)06K1

Lydia

You had been to the book fair.  It was so crowded.  What kind of book did you buy ?  Was it really cheap ?  Is it worthvisiting next year ?

42#
發表於 06-7-31 17:42 |只看該作者

ljsze, Lydia,

Two hours may be too long for a kid of 3 yrs old.  Yet, it's worth trying.  Maybe they can stay calm for longer if they know more about the story and the characters.  I should have told him more before watching the movie.

Lydia,

We went to UA Whampoa.  The movie started at 11.30am and ended at about 1.30pm.  The timing was good as we could have lunch in Whampoa afterwards.

Brian is also afraid of the dark.  We just took the seats a bit earlier, when the light was still on.  Brian was distracted by the screen when the light was off so we didn't need to calm him down.

43#
發表於 06-7-31 21:24 |只看該作者

Doris,
Thanks for your advice. I'll take Preston to the movie next week when I'm off as there are not too many people during weekdays.

ljsze,
I go to the book fair every year for almost 6 years. Before Preston was born, I bought books for myself(of course). But these few years, I mainly bought books for Preston and usually spent ~$600-700/yr. I like to go not only because there were discounts, but it's more centralize, I can find almost everything at the same time and same place, no need to shop around. I usually bought story books, VCDs and some toys (puzzles...), colouring books ($10/each). This year I bought a lot of stuff on 'Cars' and 'Mr. Men'(Preston's favorite recently). Then I would not buy any other books for almost 1/2 year except from the library.
I went on Sat. early am, so there weren't a lot of people, it's not even crowded at all.
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

44#
發表於 06-8-1 10:16 |只看該作者

Doris, Lydia

I do agree that it's difficult for a 3-yr old kid sitting still for 2 hrs.  I'm also struggling whether we should take him to cinema or watch Cars VCD/DVD later at home.

I do love books.  My only worry is that Book Fair might be too crowded.  Thanks for sharing the experience, Lydia.  I think I will go next year.  Btw, in which counter did you buy stuff of 'Cars' ?

I've determined to go to Phuket this weekend.  I really look forward to this trip.  My son can enjoy swimming & have fun at the beach.  I can breathe freely (without the presence of my in-laws) for a few days.

45#
發表於 06-8-1 13:09 |只看該作者

ljsze,
Where did you book the tickets to Phuket? Is it a package and how much? Thanks.
I can't remember clearly which counter I bought Cars stuff, I think it's Disney.

46#
發表於 06-8-1 15:22 |只看該作者

Lydia

My husband purchased from a friend who worked in a travel agency.  Once I know the price, I'll tell you.

47#
發表於 06-8-1 16:05 |只看該作者

ljsze,

My sister is actually in Phuket now for a vacation and she will be back this Thursday.  She has been there for a few times before and she likes this place very much.

Lydia,

Did you bring Preston with you for the book fair?  I didn't dare to bring Brian to the book fair as he is not interested in books.  I am afraid I had to take care of him all the time and couldn't spend time on books.

Dear all,

I had lunch with Brian in Fisherman's Wharf this afternoon.  Brian missed LH so much and he just couldn't wait running to the school for a look.  He missed Ms. Angelika very much and he always asked me where she is now.

48#
發表於 06-8-1 16:30 |只看該作者

Doris

It's good that kids love school.  I also talked to the principal today & we agreed that it's important that kids love school.

For the summer school, I could see that my son enjoyed observing what the big kids played.  He sometimes grab toys to play, sometimes watching how the others play.  Interesting !

Fortunately, summer vacation only lasts for 3 weeks.  Kids can go to school again next friday.

49#
發表於 06-8-1 17:06 |只看該作者

各位學之園家長,  我前幾天打電話問青衣分校在06年9月份還有沒有學位, 他們說下午班有...我正在考慮要不要幫孩子轉到他們的k1。不過他們的學費的確很貴, 所以希望家長們分享一下是否物有所值。在讀此校的家長是否還有幫小朋友報其他英文/普通話班? 他們有一班是用普/英教的, 辦得好不好呢?
謝謝分享!

50#
發表於 06-8-1 21:46 |只看該作者

CSW,
I can't tell you if it's a really good school for K1 coz school hasn't started yet. For myself, my son studied 1 and 1/2 year of pre-nursery here and I think it's a good school. The teachers are nice and caring. My son does not join other courses for English or Mandarin coz this school is bilingual and they learn phonics(letterland) at school, so there is no need for me to apply other courses for my son. My son can communicate in both Cantonese and English fluently and can change channels easily coz that's what they do at school. The course fee is a bit expensive but there are no other additional fees throughtout the year.

51#
發表於 06-8-1 21:50 |只看該作者

ljsze,
Thanks! Could I have the agency no. coz the agent I use has resigned.

Doris,
I had not taken Preston to the book fair ever. It's difficult if I bring him along coz it's crowded and I can't concentate on choosing books. Also, I usually buy more books and give to him one by one for a few months( for a treat if he does well or calm him down). If he goes with me, there will be no surprises.

52#
發表於 06-8-1 23:29 |只看該作者

Thank you LydiaWong.
That's good to know that things are organised and the school does have good curriculum for the kids. I have heard several parents living in my building recommended LH. They all agree with the bilingual teaching method in the school.

53#
發表於 06-8-1 23:31 |只看該作者

Del

54#
發表於 06-8-2 15:56 |只看該作者

Lydia

Will give the info to you once available.

55#
發表於 06-8-2 16:12 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I brought Brian to Disneyland again this morning.  The weather was fine.  It was not sunny at all and it was a bit windy.  So comfortable.  I planned to stay there for 3 hours only, so we just played in the Fantasyland.  Brian likes the Winnie the Pooh ride very much.

By the time we left, it started to rain heavily.  I could see many people just arrived.

Brian enjoyed so much that he fell asleep soon after he had milk.

56#
發表於 06-8-3 11:14 |只看該作者

Doris, you were so lucky.

Doris,Lydia
No school today, but make-up class next Mon.  Cannot join but the closing ceremony still carry.  Kids still go to the airport tomorrow.  Better for us since we can take part in the ceremony tomorrow after they return from airport.  Phuket trip just confirmed as the flight is quite full (consider we are to go to Phuket this Sat).  Finally, we can go for a trip for the first time.  Starting to get excited.

57#
發表於 06-8-3 13:21 |只看該作者

ljsze,

I am sure kids will all love the trip to the airport.  Will they take the school bus there, or take public transport?

For how many days will you stay in Phuket?  Enjoy your trip.

Lydia,

Does Preston still join the swimming class?  How's it going?

58#
發表於 06-8-3 21:49 |只看該作者

Doris,
Preston is still joining the swimming class, however, he missed 2 classes coz of the Heep Hong class and on Tuesday(cancelled coz of the rain). He really likes it and will continue to join until end of August.

ljsze,
Enjoy the trip. I asked about going to Phuket too, but you need to change flight, so I decided not to go coz it's too much trouble changing flight (I hate it myself + we have to bring Preston). So maybe when he's older. Tell us about it after you come back.

BTW, we are going to Gold Coast hotel (Tuen Mun only) next week. There is a special offer and it's so cheap, only $500/night + breakfast. Hope the weather will be better next week.

59#
發表於 06-8-4 17:16 |只看該作者

家長們覺得LH的外籍老師如何, 外籍老師們會否很容易離職?

60#
發表於 06-8-5 16:05 |只看該作者

CSW,
I know LH is one of the first commercial kindergarten but I don't find they are commercial at all. No extra fee except school uniform (not expensive) and school bag included.
The English teachers are all very nice. Although the turnover is faster than local teacher, but they will finish the whole year cirriculum, rarely change in the middle of the year. And I can see some English teacher for more than 2 years now. One thing good about their cirriculum is that they will teach Letterland (phonics) so I don't have to take my son for further phonics class.
It's just my opinion. But I highly recommend this school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題