搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ICS Parents
查看: 114903|回覆: 827
go

ICS Parents [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-5-9 10:43 |只看該作者

ICS Parents

I would like to invite all ICS parents to share anything about the school life of our kids here.

2#
發表於 06-5-9 11:32 |只看該作者

Re: ICS Parents

My kids are in R1 and R2.  They just joined ICS in December '05.  They are loving it!  They met their best friends first time of their lives.  They became more loving and caring in ICS.  Can't wait for their new campus!  ICS parents...please join us!
Lenglengma

3#
發表於 06-5-10 09:32 |只看該作者

For R1 & R2 kids, they are not compulsory to wear school uniform (ICS polo shirt). But, they preferred to wear ICS polo shirt, right? There are 2 color of it, red and white. Are red for girl and white for boy?

4#
發表於 06-5-10 09:42 |只看該作者

tommyzoe,
Yes, my kids love to wear uniforms..and the uniforms are not expensive, so I decided to make them wear....sometimes may be with jeans in the bottom.  You can wear whatever color you like.
lenglengma

5#
發表於 06-5-10 09:57 |只看該作者

Is there different in color of polo shirt in meaning? I mean, is boy definitely wearing white one?

6#
發表於 06-5-10 14:23 |只看該作者

Post deleted

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-9-16 18:47 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 06-5-10 16:24 |只看該作者

8#
發表於 06-5-10 16:51 |只看該作者

I agreed with your view. We will let him to wear uniform too.

Thanks!

CherylMum 寫道:
tommyzoe,

You asked in another topic whether I will let my kids wear the uniform.  Yes, I will, so as to save the trouble of thinking about what to wear every morning.  And, wearing the uniform will give the kids a sense of belongings towards the school.

9#
發表於 06-5-10 18:30 |只看該作者

tommyzoe,
Boys wear red polos too...it doesn't really matter.
lenglengma

10#
發表於 06-5-11 11:46 |只看該作者

I had ever struggled in choosing between main-streamed kindergarten in Kowloon Tong and international kindergarten. My son have been awarded both offers. It is very difficult to make a decision because both of them are good. At the start, I think that ICS's academic performance is not high compared with HK band 1 school. Thanks God! I got information from "lenglenma" that I have confidence to choose ICS that its academic performance is good enough. Also I think my son will get more things at ICS than band 1 school.

I choose ICS to my son that is a right choice. Do lenglengma think so?

11#
發表於 06-5-11 17:37 |只看該作者

tommyzoe,
Don't worry...ICS is definately a good choice for you son...and if you are a Christian, you would believe that it is also God's wish to let you son study in a good Christian school right?
lenglengma

12#
發表於 06-5-11 21:07 |只看該作者

Agreed!
We are Christian family. I hope my son will be at ICS until finishing G12. Then he can go to a top univeristy. I know, if we send him to study at a famous kindergarten in Kowloon Tong, he may have a big chance to study band 1 secondary school. But he may not be really happy. He may lost something in the course of his development.
Lenglengma, which church you join now?

lenglengma 寫道:
tommyzoe,
Don't worry...ICS is definately a good choice for you son...and if you are a Christian, you would believe that it is also God's wish to let you son study in a good Christian school right?
lenglengma

13#
發表於 06-5-12 10:27 |只看該作者

tommyzoe,
Please check PM.  
Also, even if your son ended up in those Band 1 local school, he will probably end up being those typical H.K. local kids.  I personally think, nowadays, they just don't know what they are doing.  They are not willing to express themselves, concentrate so much on material things, etc...
And...I know that at ICS you son will be happy.
I heard so many stories about kids after switching to ICS became another new happy person!
lenglengma

14#
發表於 06-5-12 13:18 |只看該作者

lenglengma,
Agreed with your points of view.
My son is already a happy baby. We let him to develop with his own characters & mind (of course good ones) in daily life. It is important that he is growing inside Jesus Christ! I don't want to see him losing happiness in one day if he goes into those band 1 school.
I believe that ICS should be a right choice for him. At ICS, he will not lose in academic development I expected. Also he can gain more that cannot be obtained from main-streamed band 1 school.
Do you meet any ICS G12 graduates who finished university education? Do you feel that they are smart?

lenglengma 寫道:
tommyzoe,
Please check PM.  
Also, even if your son ended up in those Band 1 local school, he will probably end up being those typical H.K. local kids.  I personally think, nowadays, they just don't know what they are doing.  They are not willing to express themselves, concentrate so much on material things, etc...
And...I know that at ICS you son will be happy.
I heard so many stories about kids after switching to ICS became another new happy person!
lenglengma

15#
發表於 06-5-12 18:05 |只看該作者

I heard so many stories about ICS.  My daughter is studying in local school.  My friend is PTA in ICS and she is highly recommend me to switch to ICS.  I'm only worrying about Chinese.  Seems they have Chinese lesson only half hours a day or less.  Will you guys worry the same as me?

16#
發表於 06-5-12 21:42 |只看該作者

This is also our concern previously but now we feel very comfortable in choosing ICS for my son. Nothing is perfect. But, I do believe ICS can be good place for my son. Regarding Chinese language we will be responsible for teaching to him.

amandalyy2002 寫道:
I heard so many stories about ICS.  My daughter is studying in local school.  My friend is PTA in ICS and she is highly recommend me to switch to ICS.  I'm only worrying about Chinese.  Seems they have Chinese lesson only half hours a day or less.  Will you guys worry the same as me?

17#
發表於 06-5-12 22:49 |只看該作者

tommyzoe,
I don't know any G12 students, but i met some G 9 and G11 students.  They are very mature, and they know what they are doing.  They really enjoy school too.  I heard that in high school, they will work in "teams" instead of groups, meaning that they will be assigned in different teams in class.  That team will support each other and provide good team spirit in learning.  I think they need to do projects and assignments together and they have to learn how to work with one another as team.  
We cannot really say who is "smart" or who is not...I just think that being smart is really a nature issue, while being "good" is from an outside influence.
Being in a band 1 school doesn't mean he/she will end up being smart...because he/she may have very good results in exams, but it doesn't mean that he/she knows how to solve problems, how to work with other people, or how to be humble.  Sometimes the things that they think are quite "dead" too.  So..being smart, to me, is being flexible.  He/she can survive everywhere, and is independent, hardworking, able to express themselves, and willing to learn.  These are the things that kids can't really learn in local schools.

I am not worried about the Chinese standard at ICS.  I know they are thinking to have a more intensive Chinese program due to parent's demands.
As I said earlier....people can be really smart knowing one language.  It is usual for people to know one language.  Why do we have to stress so much on knowing so many languages?  Even if my kids can only speak English, I am not worried because there are tons of job for them to choose.  Look at all those foreigners in H.K., not all of them know Chinese right?  It is okay to know one language.  What is important is that they have the quality to suceed, not how many languages do they speak.
That's really what I think.
Lenglengma

18#
發表於 06-5-12 23:15 |只看該作者

Thanks for lenglengma. These are very good points. I agreed with you.

lenglengma 寫道:
tommyzoe,
I don't know any G12 students, but i met some G 9 and G11 students.  They are very mature, and they know what they are doing.  They really enjoy school too.  I heard that in high school, they will work in "teams" instead of groups, meaning that they will be assigned in different teams in class.  That team will support each other and provide good team spirit in learning.  I think they need to do projects and assignments together and they have to learn how to work with one another as team.  
We cannot really say who is "smart" or who is not...I just think that being smart is really a nature issue, while being "good" is from an outside influence.
Being in a band 1 school doesn't mean he/she will end up being smart...because he/she may have very good results in exams, but it doesn't mean that he/she knows how to solve problems, how to work with other people, or how to be humble.  Sometimes the things that they think are quite "dead" too.  So..being smart, to me, is being flexible.  He/she can survive everywhere, and is independent, hardworking, able to express themselves, and willing to learn.  These are the things that kids can't really learn in local schools.

I am not worried about the Chinese standard at ICS.  I know they are thinking to have a more intensive Chinese program due to parent's demands.
As I said earlier....people can be really smart knowing one language.  It is usual for people to know one language.  Why do we have to stress so much on knowing so many languages?  Even if my kids can only speak English, I am not worried because there are tons of job for them to choose.  Look at all those foreigners in H.K., not all of them know Chinese right?  It is okay to know one language.  What is important is that they have the quality to suceed, not how many languages do they speak.
That's really what I think.
Lenglengma

19#
發表於 06-5-13 00:20 |只看該作者

tommyzoe,
You are welcomed!  I really hope that your boy will love his new life at ICS!  
Blessings,
Lenglengma

20#
發表於 06-5-13 00:57 |只看該作者

I hope more parents can think what important thing we should consider for our kids. I think that is holistic development. Lenglengma, I am glad to hear you that those G9 & G11 students know what they are doing and they are mature. Many band 1 schools cannot develop their students in these ways, to be honest.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題