教育王國 討論區 福建中學附屬學校 臻美小學家長
樓主: gongonma
go

臻美小學家長 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 03-8-9 07:43 |只看該作者

Re: 臻美小學家長

gongonma,

To my memory, Pegasus still havn't charged us the school fee for Sept.  Don't worry, sooner or later, it will be counted as part of our school fee.  For the lunch issue, I receive the letter much earlier than 4 Aug.  Next time, maybe you can give them a call if the time is too tight for you to make the arrangement.  For the attitude of the lady you mentioned, I think I can guess which one you are talking about.  Actually, she is only a very small potato in the school.  You better make a complaint to the school and tell them the whole conversation, and see the school attitude towards your complaint.  It' s not worth to change your decision by such a small potato.  But, if you are really not confident to the school, if I were you, I would select another school this year rather than waiting for another year.

Tommy

62#
發表於 03-8-9 20:48 |只看該作者

Hi Tommy,
我只是買一般的防水背囊作書包之用。 雖然書單上有很多書本, 但不是一次過要帶回學校用, 正如我早前也說過, 不同主題用不同的書本。 況且課室內有儲物柜, 學生可以將常用的物件放在學校, 例如『大發現小故事』,『 小小美樂頌』, 工具箱等, 不用天天拿回家。。
老實說, 如果家長已經培養了小朋友有良好的學習態度,他們在臻美讀書就真的可以愉快學習, 而且學習的層面相當闊, 主題(即一般學校的常識科)其實很深, 但不知為何小朋友卻可以記得, 只是在寫的範疇就較弱。
但思維及常識就很好。

63#
發表於 03-8-9 20:58 |只看該作者

Hi gongonma,
整體來說﹐ 學校快要踏入第三年, 學校正逐漸落實她的辦學理念, 我覺得無論學校和孩子都在一天一天進步 。我同意Tommy所說﹐你不值得為一件小事決定孩子的去留, 當然我知道這是一次不愉快的經歷。 不過就我認識的Ms Yiu平常說話也「陰聲細氣」, 大概言語間有所誤會罷! Anyway, 這是大人的事, 不要在孩子面前討論, 免得他們有hard feeling。

64#
發表於 03-8-10 13:19 |只看該作者

hi pcpl, tommy,

thanks for yrs reply & comments.  of course, i won't talk in front of my boy that we hv not confident enought for his coming school!  we always said to him that the rainbow school is a nice place like yr nursey, teachers are love kids etc...

i love the way of teaching in this school, but only a principle, school can't improve but all the staff, teacher & parents work together, i willing to pay my time on it! hoping after schooling can get more confident.  for the attiude of that staff i hv complain before but no use! no reply too! & known that she is the friend of principle, before hand she is a teacher...

BTW, tommy, the lunch memo i mentioned is together with payment memo for Sept school fee, may be yr wife has handled.  that register fee $400 won't refund.  only as per handling chareges.

gongonma

65#
發表於 03-8-10 16:13 |只看該作者

Hi gongonma,
You've got a very positive attitude!!!!!
The school needs not only the principal, staff, but also parents' support. Hope your son will ejoy the new school life.

66#
發表於 03-8-11 01:11 |只看該作者

gongonma,

I’m sure my wife hasn’t paid any school fee, because she doesn’t have any chequebooks, myself handle all the household finance.  There must be some misunderstanding between you and the school regarding the school fee for September.  I did receive a letter attached with the lunch order form.  However, having read the first sentence「很快我們的孩子就進入漫長的暑假了」, I perceived this letter was basically written for the current parents instead of the parents-to-be.  If the letter was written for us, it would open like this: 歡迎你們加入臻美…..  After I had read the whole letter, I was sure the deadline for paying school fee on 8 August was only for the current students rather than for us, because we didn’t have any 意向書, and the deadline of ordering books for new students was 30 June instead of 5 August.  I think the letter is only for our reference, maybe the school wants to enable us to have a better understanding about Pegasus.

In fact, the balance of school fee for September, HK$500, will be charged by autopay sometime in August.  Very soon your bank account will be debited $500 "again".  So, make sure your account have $500 ready for debit.  If you did send Pegasus a cheque for the school fee, you better check if it has been realized yet.  No matter yes or no, make a phone call to Pegasus to clarify everything.  This time, you should call Mrs Chong, she is very polite and helpful.  Otherwise, it will create another “messy school administration” case.  

Hope you will fix all these little things and set a happy face for the new school life.  I do appreciate Pegasus always do the right things, but sometimes they don’t do the things right.  Again, no school is perfect.  After all, do right things is more important than do things right.

Tommy

67#
發表於 03-8-11 13:19 |只看該作者

Dear Tommy & all parents,

Pls pay Highly attention!

Just call school this morning.

Reply - all parent must pay Sept school Fee on or before 8 Aug, 2003 at the amount of $900.  No register fee will be refund!  If after 14 days fm 08 Aug, they do have the right to cancel your application & let's other kids to have yours!

Since, I was be school last Friday & talk with Ms Yiu.  So, my understanding is right!  Pls be sure that arrange your payment for Sept school fee ASAP!
Otherwise.....

gongonma :-x

68#
發表於 03-8-11 13:40 |只看該作者

Hi All,

For the books -

By Tommy:
"the deadline of ordering books for new students was 30 June instead of 5 August. I think the letter is only for our reference, maybe the school wants to enable us to have a better understanding about Pegasus."

Also, checked fm school, they said many parent not yet pay the books fee, so they extend the deadline fm 30 June to 5 Aug!  & Remind me that make sure your kid have all books for schooling!

My Husband hasn't like this school before hand, & I try to change his mind that  Pegasus is a wonderful school!!  However, now I can't said a word...

gongonma

69#
發表於 03-8-11 16:02 |只看該作者

Hi All,

小女正是今年的小一新生,希望可以交流一下.
買書的錢巳經交晒,真係太遲.     
書包方面我正煩惱,因小女只得五歲100cm高,都吾知點買書包,希望大家比d意見.(她是搭校車)     
現在還未通知取校服,如果收到信,請話我知.Thants!
我小女吾知係咪細個d,而家巳有小小緊張和不安.希望可以和你們的仔女做朋友.     
該用戶已被刪除

70#
發表於 03-8-12 09:24 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

71#
發表於 03-8-12 11:50 |只看該作者

Wow!  What a big mistake I have made!

Gongonma,

Thank you very much for your information.  Without your reminding, my son will lose the chance to study in Pegasus.  You are absolutely right.  The one who misread the letter is me.  The one who made the mess is myself.  Anyway, I have learnt a lesson before my beloved son learns his lessons in Pegasus.  I will be very very careful in the future.  Meanwhile, I have to fine-tune my old mindset to embrace the new concept of Pegasus.

Let’s keep in touch, we need to support each other in the future.

Tommy   

72#
發表於 03-8-12 12:18 |只看該作者

陶陶,維維,迦迦之老豆, Tommy, pcpl

Hello!

1)        似乎很多家長以為9月學費會auto-pay, & deposit會refund.  Answer – NO
2)        Memo, 我一般都有遲無早,早則一天後deadline,遲則已deadline. 每次都要打去學校說memo遲了!但每次都要立刻動身去辦!
3)        成長課程納入主流課程之內,收到問卷一星期就話一致通過這課程。他們樣樣都遲十拍,但今次奇怪地快!
4)        但學校又無解釋這課程是否新請了專科老師任教或請了專業訓練隊來教學.還有課程大綱和內容. 若只是現任老師任教,是否應加收費用呢?

要知經濟不景,失業、負資產都是中產。單是我家庭收入由97時下跌4倍,而且本師奶公司在SARS時倒閉了!現正失業中。雖生活質素下跌,但我們努力令兒女有優質教育!但單是書費也要$3000,連書費、學費、車費、午膳每月差不多2千3、4實太吃力!

而我老公一向不主張遊戲學習,現學校令家庭budget失預算,行政又… 又話要多三百元學費!今早收到老公要轉校,因他已評臻美為一間假教育團體,為不再受騙,長痛不如短痛,立刻轉校!跟著本師奶又要忙了!* 不過現要轉校是十分難,希望上學後(臻美)萬事如意啦!*

gongonma
該用戶已被刪除

73#
發表於 03-8-12 13:28 |只看該作者

74#
發表於 03-8-12 13:48 |只看該作者

陶陶,維維,迦迦之老豆

你好,如果收到信安排取校服,煩通知我一聲,因為我試過兩次都是前一日才收到信的,有一次連信都無.Thanks!     
其實我都吾係好明收那三百元是什麼用,如果要上課外活動是否真的不用再比錢.     
該用戶已被刪除

75#
發表於 03-8-12 17:33 |只看該作者

76#
發表於 03-8-12 17:53 |只看該作者

Hi melvintsangmama:

Here is the link can find details of activities -
http://tclass.pegasusschool.org/eschool/act/act_index.php?topic_name=aintro

That $300 is for the activities!

Today, I'v been busy for apply another Bishop school that my husband want.  since they hv more than 40 student in waiting list.  If that school not accept my kid application, then he will stay in Pegsuges!  

gongonma

77#
發表於 03-8-13 01:16 |只看該作者

Dear all,

大家有沒有留意潛能活動問卷?上面註明資料交由家長代表處理, 我知道是由兩位家長代表負責統計的。

一般津貼學校的課外活動政府是有津貼的, 所以他們大都收得平。 而直資學校不但沒有津貼, 而且要另外買保險, 所以成本很高。 根據過去的經驗, 我們的潛能活動全都是找外面的professional coaches (例如體操, 教練們都是前香港代表隊成員), 一般興趣班每樣都要數佰元 per month, 所以$300實在物超所值, 學校其實是有補貼的。

講到$$$, 大家要注意開學後還有一些費用要交, 例如: 戶外考察費。 因為我們差不多每月都有戶外考察, 費用視乎地點而定, 最遠去過番禺野生動物園。 不過是optional 的, 如果不想去可以不去。

gongonma, 我明白你的suitation, 我也讚成你想辦法說明你先生, 不過我也知道這是很困難的, 因為我們的成績是很難量度的, 沒有考試、默書, 只有評估; 沒有成績表, 只有一本評估表(如果要仔細看清楚, 不花上一小時不可)。 其實沒有甚麼是十全十美的, 學校的行政有進步的空間, 不過我認為無損教學質素, 最重要的是孩子讀得開心且學到「野」, 對不對? 我有些朋友的孩子是轉校來的, 她們都認為現在親子關係比以前好很多, 因為不用趕功課, 不用應付默書, 測試......而且現在學的知識很穩固, 因為不是死記的。 gongonma, 努力呀!!

希望大家愉快地加入臻美大家庭, keep in touch!!

78#
發表於 03-8-13 12:02 |只看該作者

陶陶,維維,迦迦之老豆
唔該晒!其實我都係一豆霧水,因為我係頭一"名"入小學,希望以後有吾明可以問下你哋.Thanks.    

gongonma
其實我真係好明白你,這種教學方式此終是新嘢,上年我報完名之後見到星島咁多投訴,都有想過是否轉校,但你吾試過又好似太兒戲.所以決定睇定d先,希望你老公可以諒解你.     
*一頭家最難是理財方面,尢其要向另一半交代.(女人之苦)
該用戶已被刪除

79#
發表於 03-8-13 14:46 |只看該作者

80#
發表於 03-8-13 16:00 |只看該作者

Hi all,

昨天已交表去天主教學校多謝關心!

希望9月返學順順利利啦!一直讀落去!