發表於 03-7-7 08:34 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 臻美小一課本

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 03-7-8 08:41 |顯示全部帖子

我個仔仔中文和英文是拔尖組,數學就是一般, 有冇機會同一班呢?

發表於 03-7-8 10:49 |顯示全部帖子

I attended the presentation of this school and they always emphasise that there is no dictation, no exam, on an activity approach, am I right?
How come it will arrange a 3 hours exam for the kids ?
Is it contradict to what they said?

發表於 03-7-8 11:34 |顯示全部帖子

我都有同感! 3 個鐘頭都好長呀! 我個女間幼稚園從來都未試過考試, 如果突然間要她坐定定這麼長時間, 就算她識做都會無心機啦! 而且活動教學應該係盡量無考試, 點解會安排個這麼長時間? 我都有些懷疑!

發表於 03-7-8 13:09 |顯示全部帖子

yanyanmm, jessicasy,

Are you Pegasus parents or parents-to-be.  I’m so sorry to have misled you.  Actually, the examination didn’t last three hours continuously.  There were a few breaks in-between, and some othere activities was conducted as well.  However, the examination took the main role.

Personally, I don’t oppose to any dictations, tests or examinations. In fact, they take a very important role to monitor the progress of learning.  Actually, there is nothing to be afraid of the examination itself.  It can be a beautiful thing if we look at it positively.  But, it will become terrible when people use it as a tool other than evaluation or monitoring the learning progress.  It all depends on how we behave towards the examinations and the examination results.

Anyway, my son carried a happy face with him when he came out from the classroom after 3-hour “examination”.  He was excited to tell me “I’ve done some homework for three hours.”  As a parent, helping my son to develop a positive attitude towards examination is more important than helping him to get higher marks.

Tommy

Rain28bow,

Your son is really smart.  Hope my son can learn from him.

發表於 03-7-8 17:44 |顯示全部帖子

Hi All,

My son also like Tommy's kid.  Positive!
and he proud to tell me that he can finish all the homework by himself!  have fun too!  No pressure at all!  During that 3 hours he get know some friends too, while have a small meal in M restaurant nearby school he found some friend there and talk with them with happy face!!

Don't worry about the result & examin, I think the result is not important, the most important is school known how to teach our kid through that small test!

gongonma

發表於 03-7-9 08:13 |顯示全部帖子

Yes, my son haven't show me tired face when he come out after 3 hours also, if I told him to do homework at home,5 minutes he will be tired and boring. But when I ask him what he doing, he said he can't remember, may be he play too happy in the room.

發表於 03-7-9 11:17 |顯示全部帖子

請問各位家長

你們對這間學校的評價如何?

發表於 03-7-11 14:28 |顯示全部帖子

Has anyone of you joined the seminars or training classes for parents of new students?

I have joined the PuTongHua and English class.

發表於 03-7-11 21:52 |顯示全部帖子

此校理念一流!但行政及公關就一般,其

發表於 03-7-11 21:56 |顯示全部帖子

Hi All,

收到小樹苗VIP 咭,除有discount 外仲有$20 coupon!
你們申請未呀?

gongonma

發表於 03-7-12 08:27 |顯示全部帖子

carolyu 寫道:
請問各位家長

你們對這間學校的評價如何?

Carolyu,

這個問題太沉重,我們五位臻美準小一家長確實無力回答。要公平、公正地評價臻美,相信還要觀察一段長時間,現在實在言之尚早,況且我們的孩子仍未入學呢!

其他臻美準小一家長,

我覺得今年進入臻美的學生和家長比較幸運,因為前面有很多改革先頭部隊替我們開路,路已經漸漸形成。而我們都是明知臻美的種種風風雨雨,仍然願意與她風雨同路的有心人,我們的信念應該比較接近,能和你們的孩子一起學習,小兒定必獲益良多。

Tommy

該用戶已被刪除

發表於 03-7-12 10:01 |顯示全部帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 03-7-12 11:04 |顯示全部帖子

各位臻美家長好, 我女兒出年讀小學, 我想問臻美幾時派報名表, 要否考試, 難吾難入, 學費幾$. 多謝解答.

發表於 03-7-12 18:14 |顯示全部帖子

哈哈!對是易答靈!

gongonma     

發表於 03-7-12 20:26 |顯示全部帖子

My kid didn't has any summer holiday!  besides we will out town fm mid of Aug to end of Aug!
So didn't join any seminars or training classses!

gongonma

發表於 03-7-12 23:25 |顯示全部帖子

gongonma 妳好:

如果想買英文書, 可到www.paddyfield.com看看. 小兒以前也是臻美學生, 所以也在paddyfield買過書.

發表於 03-7-13 00:29 |顯示全部帖子

Dear step-by-step,

Thank you for your info!  I will check there!

gongonma

發表於 03-7-13 09:00 |顯示全部帖子

ivytang02,

據臻美校長透露,每年都有超過一千人報名,今年原本收三班,但後來加至五班共一百五十多人。面試時,一班小朋友會被安排到課室,進行一些「遊戲」以作評估。雖然校方否認揀選家長,但我覺得她們對家長有頗高的要求,我們要通過超過一小時的嚴格口試和筆試。口試包括在二十位家長面前發表對教兒育女、揀選學校的高見;筆試則要回答四頁紙共七條問題。但這也無可厚非,她只是想揀選一些認同學校理念的家長而已。學費幾經濟實惠,每月收九佰,不過我估佢有加費壓力。報名日期就要密切留意她的網站,這間學校好古怪,可以突然間招生,又可以突然間話截止。

[url=http://www.pegasusschool.org/]臻美網站

希望以上資料幫到你。

Tommy