用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 智能評估 Is "香港韋氏兒童智力量表" still a reliable IQ test f ...
樓主: leehoma001
go

Is "香港韋氏兒童智力量表" still a reliable IQ test for identify [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-3-12 06:39 |只看該作者

Re: Is "香港韋氏兒童智力量表" still a reliable IQ test for identifying Gift

《我的天才噩夢》作者認為,資優不等於智商高,也當然不等於成績好。作者,以及資優教育專家一致認為,資優人的言行舉止是有跡象可尋的。
我們要如何認出週遭的資優成人呢?試試下列特質。資優人士會:

1.做事比別人快。

「十分鐘內我就了解整個概念了,公司總裁花了兩個星期才搞懂!」

2.有更多的生命能量。

「每天早上,我一醒來,就馬力十足,我先生簡直是受不了我!」

3.對新事物有無止盡的好奇心。

「我先生送我一隻望遠鏡當生日禮物,現在我有一整個新領域可以探索了!」

4.工作常常很快的失去吸引力。

「六週內,我就學會這個工作了,現在我覺得無聊。我想我應該回學校唸書,我需要更多的訓練,他們才會讓我做更有意思的工作。」

5.對美及痛苦都更為敏感。

「我沒辦法看新聞,太痛苦了。」

6.真正的具有同理心和敏感的認知。

「別人似乎就是知道我是個好的傾聽者,即使是剛剛認識的人。我早該當心理醫生的。」

7.不怕被別人當作怪胎。

「人生充滿可能性…脫離傳統可能帶來壓力,但是我願意接受某個程度的壓力,我相信新的秩序會建立起來。」

8.喜歡玩。

「你被內在的學習動力驅策一生,內在那個喜歡玩的心靈才是真正的你。」我們可以說,《天地一沙鷗》(Jonathan Livingston Seagull)的主角海鷗強那森和作者理查巴哈(Richard Bach)都是資優人士。

9.具有強烈道德觀念。

「如果我相信一件事情是錯的,我必須反對它,不計一切代價。」

10.比別人多一些覺知和直覺。

「有的人會說我有通靈能力。我覺得,那就是我做的事,完全自然。」

11.表示覺得自己和世界格格不入。

「有時候我覺得,自己一定是從外星球來的!」

12.能夠看到模式和共通性,擅於抽象思考。

13.智商可能超過130,也可能低於130。

14.看起來就是比一般人複雜。

這個複雜的人可能同時「比較純真,但也比較有知識﹔喜歡原始的象徵,也喜歡嚴謹的邏輯。他可以一方面比較原始,一方面又顯得比較有文化﹔比較具有破壞性,同時比較具有創造性﹔有時候顯得有些瘋狂,但是又比一般人更清醒。」

這是個很詳細的描繪了。你認出什麼人來了嗎?也許你自己就是?
如果你是,或是你身邊有人符合這樣的模式,你就需要讀這本書。相信你的生活將因此有所改善。那麼,我們的辛苦就值得了
===========
資優的相貌
《我的天才噩夢》作者把資優人士大概的分為三類,稱之為努力奮鬥型、超級明星型,和特立獨行型。
我個人認為,這本書將對「特立獨行型的資優成人」最有助益。

1. 努力奮鬥型
這一型的人就是所謂的「成績好、老師也喜歡的好學生」。不論是在學校或在職場,他們都非常努力。面對上司、父母、老師時,他們能夠像超人一樣達到任何要求。他們不受同儕影響。大部分時候,他們成績非常好。他們喜歡結構和方向。在科學及藝術上,不常看到創造力,但是會看到他們不計一切的把事情做好。他們往往視工作為生命。

2. 超級明星型
另一大類型的人是超級巨星。這三分之一的人讓其他人相形見絀。大家以為所有的資優人士都應該像這些人一樣。這些人證實了特曼(Terman)的理論:資優的人比一般人高,也比較健康、比較好看、比較富有、比較快樂、比較善良。他們努力工作,但也認真玩耍。因為他們在乎人際關係,因此和同學、同事及下屬相處愉快。他們常常會吸收同儕的價值。他們優秀的表現和成就似乎是他們整個生活熱情的一部分。他們常常得天獨厚,既是學者,又是運動家。不論他們進入何種行業,他們都會在同樣的位置:最上面,或接近最上面的地方。

3.特立獨行型
到目前為止,我們看到的兩種類型,對他們生活週遭的人來說,都是很受歡迎的,因為他們要不是很有趣,就是會努力工作。那麼,還有那些討厭的、惹人生氣的、什麼都知道的那種人呢?我們現在就要討論到他們了。但是在把他們和負面刻版印象畫上等號之前,讓我們仔細看看。他們往往是最不被了解,卻也是最有成就的人。

杜魯斯稱這些人是「有創造力的知識份子」。對於他們的同事、同學、父母、上司和老師───事實上,是任何權威人士───而言,他們大概都是頭痛人物。他們如果覺得一件事情很有趣,就會努力去做。他們會忽視無趣的事情,也不管後果會怎樣。他們內在深處的價值系統控制他們的行動。

他們很少成為受歡迎的人物或領袖人物,通常他們也不想。在教室裡,他們常常提出杜魯斯所謂的「另有涵義的問題。要看他們對老師的看法如何,可能是深刻的問題。」他們具有很棒的幽默感。
他們通常不太適應企業文化,結果是他們的事業發展往往不那麼順暢。他們之中,科學家比工程師多,發明家比商人多,藝術家比徒有技巧的表演者多。

如果你不了解他們如何和世界接軌,可能會被他們逼得要發瘋。家裡有一個這樣的人,不論是孩子、還是配偶,大家都絕對不會無聊了!

==========================
轉載文章自 <<我的天才噩夢>>的翻譯者丁凡

:tongue:
誰會直率地說出所認識的真實?有所認識的少數人,愚蠢地不隱蔽自己充實的心,向愚民們說明他們的感情和見識,他們總是被人磔死或燒死。 歌德 <<浮士德>>入來做下test,不同的人對事情有不同的看法和感受﹗

22#
發表於 06-3-12 06:58 |只看該作者

Identification of Mentally Gifted Students  

Definition of Mentally Gifted

Mentally gifted is defined as outstanding intellectual and creative ability the development of which requires specially designed programs or support services, or both, not ordinarily provided in the regular education program.

Intellectual ability is not equated with an IQ score alone.  Intellectual ability is and should be a reflection of a range of assessments including a student’s performance and potential.   

IQ 130 or more
The term “mentally gifted” includes a person who has an IQ of 130 or higher, when multiple criteria as set forth in Department Guidelines indicate gifted ability. Determination of gifted ability will not be based on IQ score alone…. The determination shall include an assessment by a certified school psychologist.

No one test or measure is sufficient to determine giftedness, and the evaluation and testing literature recognizes that there is a margin for error in any standardized testing. The standard error of measurement also applies when reporting IQ.   

IQ Lower than 130
A person with an IQ score lower than 130 may be admitted to gifted programs when other educational criteria in the profile of the person strongly indicate gifted ability.  

If a student’s IQ is less than 130, other factors, such as academic performance, demonstrated achievement and other observed skills must strongly indicate gifted ability in order for that student to be admitted to a gifted program.  Because disabilities and bias factors may mask gifted abilities, districts are cautioned to examine discrepancies between ability assessment results and academic achievement or demonstrated skills, and discrepancies among ability subtests.   
Intervening Factors Masking Giftedness
Documented, observed, validated or assessed evidence that intervening factors such as English as a second language, learning disability, physical impairment, emotional disability, gender or race bias, or socio/cultural deprivation are masking gifted abilities.

Some students may have their gifted abilities masked by such factors as ethnicity, socio-economic status or disability.  Data specifically tied to the student’s learning environment is used to make decisions on remedial/coping strategies and specially designed instruction.  
For example:  An economically disadvantaged household where educational resources and opportunities are lacking, a household in which English is not the first language, or a household including parental problems such as alcoholism, divorce, spouse/child abuse or incarceration may have a masking effect on the student’s identification as gifted

Be Cautious!
It is necessary to be very cautious in using a descriptive classification of IQ’s. The IQ is, at best, a rough measure of academic intelligence. It certainly would be unscientific to say that an individual with an IQ of 110 is of high average intelligence, while an individual with an IQ of 109 is of only average intelligence. Such a strict classification of intellectual abilities would fail to take account of social elements such as home, school, and community. These elements are not adequately measured by present intelligence tests. Furthermore, it would not take account of the fact that an individual may vary in his test score from one test to another.

Measures of intelligence may be valuable — although the value is often overrated — but much harm can be done by persons who try to classify individuals strictly on the basis of such measures alone. No one should be either alarmed or discouraged if he finds that his IQ is not as high as he might have hoped.

Remember that many elements besides IQ contribute to success and happiness. Also note that IQ is not a fixed quantity, but can be increased by means of education. This was demonstrated by the Milwaukee project as well as numerous other research studies.

The Milwaukee Project
In the late 1960s, under the supervision of Rick Heber of the University of Wisconsin, a project was begun to study the effects of intellectual stimulation on children from deprived environments. In order to find a “deprived environment” from which to draw appropriate subjects for the study, Heber and his colleagues examined the statistics of different districts within the city of Milwaukee. One district in particular stood out. The residents of this district had the lowest median income and lowest level of education to be found in the city. This district also had the highest population density and rate of unemployment of any area of Milwaukee. There was one more statistic that really attracted Heber’s attention: Although this district contained only 3 percent of the city’s population, it accounted for 33 percent of the children in Milwaukee who had been labeled “mentally retarded”!

At the beginning of the project, Heber selected forty newborns from the depressed area of Milwaukee he had chosen. The mothers of the infants selected all had IQ’s below 80. As it turned out, all of the children in the study were black, and in many cases the fathers were absent. The forty newborns were randomly assigned, 20 to an experimental group and 20 to a control group.

Both the experimental group and the control group were tested an equal number of times throughout the project. An independent testing service was used in order to eliminate possible biases on the part of the project members. In terms of physical or medical variables, there were no observable differences between the two groups.

The experimental group entered a special program. Mothers of the experimental group children received education, vocational rehabilitation, and training in homemaking and child care. The children themselves received personalized enrichment in their home environments for the first three months of their lives, and then their training continued at a special center, five days a week, seven hours a day, until they were ready to begin first grade. The program at the center focused upon developing the language and cognitive skills of the experimental group children. The control group did not receive special education or home-based intervention and enrichment.

By the age of six all the children in the experimental group were dramatically superior to the children in the control group. This was true on all test measures, especially those dealing with language skills or problem solving. The experimental group had an IQ average of 120.7 as compared with the control group’s 87.2!

At the age of six the children left the center to attend the local school. By the time both groups were ten years old and in fifth grade, the IQ scores of the children in the experimental group had decreased to an average of 105 while the control group’s average score held steady at about 85.

One possible reason for the decline is that schooling was geared for the slower students. The brighter children were not given materials suitable for their abilities and they began to fall back. Also, while the experimental children were in the special project center for the first six years they ate well, receiving three hot, balanced meals a day. Once they left the center and began to attend the local school, many reported going to classes hungry, without breakfast or a hot lunch.

. May a person with an IQ lower than 130 be admitted to gifted programs?
Yes.  Section 16.21 indicates that a person with an IQ lower than 130 may be admitted to the gifted program when other educational criteria in the student's profile strongly indicate gifted ability.  IQ may not be the sole criteria for identifying a student as a gifted student.

誰會直率地說出所認識的真實?有所認識的少數人,愚蠢地不隱蔽自己充實的心,向愚民們說明他們的感情和見識,他們總是被人磔死或燒死。 歌德 <<浮士德>>入來做下test,不同的人對事情有不同的看法和感受﹗

23#
發表於 06-3-13 16:38 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

24#
發表於 06-3-13 22:02 |只看該作者

My son took the Wechsler test last year.  He is gifted according to the score.  But it doesn't really matter that much.  Be him clever or dumb, he's my beloved son and I'm always proud of him.   I only want him to grow up with love & righteousness.
For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Dt 31:6)

25#
發表於 06-3-14 10:10 |只看該作者

26#
發表於 06-3-14 10:33 |只看該作者

Re: Is "香港韋氏兒童智力量表" still a reliable IQ test for identifying gifted child

leehoma001,

My apology if I have misled you with my first post in this topic.  I quoted my friend's case just to illustrate that some IQ test results are in fact quite reliable.  My friend's son sat for the SAT and TOFEL exams when he was 10 and scored high enough to be admitted to the university.  But of course his parents have contributed a lot in his acceleration.

As for my son, I struggled for quite some time before taking him to the IQ test because the score would not change the way we love him and educate him.  My motive is no different from yours.

Honestly, my child still falls into the "very superior" category even if we deduct 10 marks from his score.  Very few of my friends and relatives know about this.  But as I have said, the score doesn't really matter.  I thank the Lord that he is healthy and cheerful, and I always pray to the Lord that we have the widom to keep our son on the right track so that he can grow up to be a man of virtue and righteousness.  If he can make great contributions to the society and mankind, that is indeed a bonus.

I'm quite sad that you judged me this way.
For the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Dt 31:6)

27#
發表於 06-3-14 11:14 |只看該作者

Gitmee,
How old is you son?

28#
發表於 06-3-14 11:20 |只看該作者

bbJP,

My son is nine.

bbJP 寫道:
Gitmee,
How old is you son?

29#
發表於 06-3-14 11:42 |只看該作者

30#
發表於 06-3-14 11:49 |只看該作者

We were at first reluctant to take him to the test, but our friend (whose son I mentioned previously) encouraged us to do so and said that it would be useful to identify the child's strengths and weaknesses and would help us to understand him more.   Eventually, we took him to the test.  We didn't even inform his school of the result.

leehoma001 寫道:

I would like to apologize if I wrongly judged you.

However, you still haven't answer clearly what is your motive in conducting the IQ test for your son.

31#
發表於 06-3-14 12:32 |只看該作者

gitmee,
May I know where is your son studying?  Public or private?  If you have a chance to tell teacher regarding your son's assessment, would you do it?  May I know what is your worry of telling school the truth?

32#
發表於 06-3-14 12:39 |只看該作者

hoyukmei,

My son is studying in a DSS (直資學校).  I choose not to inform the school about the result because I don't want the school to have too much expectation and thus create unnecessary pressure on my son.  I don't want the school to identify him as a "star student".  I just want him to study freely and happily.

33#
發表於 06-3-14 13:33 |只看該作者

gitmee,

Could u share with me which particular aspect your son is very strong?
How the test benifit in your further teaching to your son?
How you teach him when he was very young?

Thanks!

34#
發表於 06-3-14 15:11 |只看該作者

bbJP,
Please check PM.

bbJP 寫道:
gitmee,

Thanks!

35#
發表於 06-3-15 07:44 |只看該作者

dear gitmee,
         我想你朋友真的IQ好高。佢有151分,咁,意即話佢有好多SUBTEST都到達CEILING POINT19點,咁,即係話他的分數到達韋氏測試的極限,但你朋友有19點的部分,其真正的能力可能超過19點,咁即係佢可能真正的智商並不是151,可能更高更高。如果智商有160,就不是HIGHLY GIFTED了,而是exceptional gifted 極度資優了。這只是看資料而來。如果是極度資優 ,我真的很想知道那孩子要適應這個社會會否極其艱難?和一般人格格不入?覺得身邊的人好難明白佢呢?會否很難找到知心友?學校適應有問題嗎 ?會挑戰權威嗎?可以和父母溝通嗎?生活快樂嗎?

sorry..我又有很多問題..
這是為何我或阿仔睇親醫生,中西醫也好,都怕左我,激嬲左好多醫生 ,因為我不停的問好多好多有關是次生病的好多問題,浪費左佢地寶貴的時間....(又不能按時收費)。  

36#
發表於 06-3-15 09:18 |只看該作者

睡覺:
為了保護我朋友的私隱,我選擇以 PM 回答你的問題,請check PM。

37#
發表於 06-3-19 21:09 |只看該作者

38#
發表於 06-3-21 11:23 |只看該作者

Please check PM.

salinalam2000 寫道:
Dear gitee

As per bbjp's message below, I also want to know your answer.  Could you please share with me?  
Thks.

bbJP,
Please check PM.

引文:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bbJP 寫道:
gitmee,

Thanks!     

39#
發表於 06-3-29 14:33 |只看該作者

leehoma001 and 睡覺,

After reading your writing, I found that you two are very nice and humble persons with good temper.

Thanks for sharing.

I PM my email to you.
Hope we can share more as I have a gifted son of 3 (confirmed by the Dr. in Governemnt clinic) and teachers.

Thanks.
Jesus loves you :-P

40#
發表於 06-3-29 14:37 |只看該作者

I forgot to remark that I didn't have the intention to test my son.

As my son has behaviorial problem, he need to see the Dr. (2 different Dr. in 2 different Governemnt clinics) and both the Dr. gave him the tests (I only knew after the tests had been conducted).  Actually, I don't know what were the test for.
Jesus loves you :-P
‹ 上一主題|下一主題