搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Cat Vs Victoria Kindergarten
樓主: HHMomB
go

St. Cat Vs Victoria Kindergarten [複製鏈接]

141#
發表於 07-2-13 17:19 |只看該作者

Re: St. Cat Vs Victoria Kindergarten

do u mean in St Cat. there are only NET in k1 but NOT k2 and Not k3?

if so, then in k3, only a local cantonese teacher?

BoBo1 寫道:
我囡囡都係維記(CWB)同St. Cat都收左英普班,不過我多數都會讀維記,因為3年都係NET係班房,而St. CAT K2同K3都無.

142#
發表於 07-2-22 12:39 |只看該作者

Hi...just want to share w/ u that my son is studying K2 in Victoria.

Around 2 years ago, my son was accepted by KV, SC and Victoria.  Finally, we chose Victoria coz it provides dual-masters for each class from K1 - K3, i.e. one Eng. native speaking teacher + one Putonghua/ cantonese native speaking teacher.

Up to now, my son's language has great progress, especially in Eng and Putonghua.

To me, its not bad  

143#
發表於 07-2-22 12:44 |只看該作者

Haa...yeah, you really need to speak Putongua and Eng during Parents' Day.   My Putonghua is not good but luckily that my hubby communicated with Putonghua teacher while I communicated with the Eng teacher during PD.   

My son is also studying in HMT Victoria fr K1 until now (k2).  The teachers are very nice, especially the Eng teahcer and Putonghua teacher in K1.  They does stimulate kids to learn and explore.  My son loves his school so much.  When there's a long vacation, my son surely miss his school friends as well as the teachers during holidays....haaa...so fun.

Cheers

144#
發表於 07-2-22 16:38 |只看該作者

ElephantMa,

do u plan to let your son to go to victoria primary school?

145#
發表於 07-2-22 21:53 |只看該作者

Hi all moms,
我個女由PN開始讀維記,依家K1 (cwb).She loves school very much. My opinions for this school:
1)衛生 standard is very good, 每個學生進校之後要檢查temp. and 手口
2) Each class has 1 Cantonese/Putonghua and 1 NET and also 1 助教.(之前有位媽咪之朋友說只得15 mins, 一定沒有此事)
3) Each class will 將學生分組, 好讓老師有足夠時間教導學生
4) my girl is in C/E class, but school now let them has extra putonhua lesson twice a week (exact time cant remember) but I notice my girl has great progress in putonghua

至於雜費, 倒不覺. 除了學費, 茶點費每天$7(kids can have as much as they want)School photos, download from website - FREE,
校服有些家長可能覺得貴, 但係係kingxxx, 質料很好, 而且沒有規定要全部買.
學校有些functions will ask for donation ( to UNICEF etc) but 全部都是自願些, 一佰幾拾都可.
School fees for someone may think is $$$ but actually they give you the same quality.

146#
發表於 07-2-23 13:04 |只看該作者

This is my observation from birthday parties.

My friend's daughter studys in St. Cat, so she held a birthday day for her daughter and invited all kids from the class.

I observe that most of the kids communicates in Cantonese, and it appears that they are not used to speak in English in everyday life.

My son studys in Victoria and so I need to go to birthday parties.  I find that most of them (kids from Victoria) can speak both English and Cantonese.  Also, they speak English like a native speaker.

147#
發表於 07-2-24 22:29 |只看該作者

Hi Noelmama,

Thanks for your detailed explanations!    
My son got accepted in 07 CWB Eng/Put K1 class.  Really glad to see parents of CWB Victoria's kids giving so much good comments on the school for our information.  You gave much supports to my decision of choosing Victoria.  I gave up St. Cat's offer.  Hope I've made sensible decision for my son.

Becky  
My lovely Chezkel is 6.5 yrs old la!!

148#
發表於 07-2-25 23:31 |只看該作者

Hi Beckylui,

Give u some more information. The PTA (Parent Teacher Assocation) wil hold a 親子旅行 each year, last yr was Shanghai and this year is Taipei, can tell you not cheap, but live in 5 stars hotels, and of course is optional la ( I didnt take part, coz my girl is too small) and school also will hold a picnic in April - Garden Farm (for Nursey class), $200 /family ( but only 1 adult and 1 kid). This includes entrance fee, activities fee and transportation, lunch and drinks need to prepare our  own) Again, it's optional, you can choose not going.
I dont know other kinders will charge or not, but for me, it's ok ( or may be some will think that's "commercial" At least has chance to let the kids spend a day in countryside.
And Vic each school year will hold 3 parents days, so teachers will discuss your kid progess each time gar
放心, cwb campus teachers and staffs are all very kind and helpful.

149#
發表於 07-2-26 16:11 |只看該作者

hi teabag,

Honestly, we'll treat victoria primary as backup coz its new campus (including secondary section) is situated at Deep Water Bay where is far away from our home and we don't want our son to spend too much time on travelling every day.

Actually, my son was very shy and not willing to talk to others when he was 3 years old.  Hence, we chose victoria aiming to help him to develop self-confidence and explore new things thr' the IB system and flexible teaching method by victoria.

Wholly-hearted say that we thank so much to victoria, especilly the two class-masters in k1 on their contributions and concerns.  My son was chosen to join the Eng. drama competition in k1.  At the begining, my son was so relunctant to do so, but the teachers encouraged him so much.  Then he took it.   Although he got nothing, but he did gain experience in performing on stage and in front of people.  Fr that time onwards, my son would not be shy anymore and also took initiative to talk and to play with others in the class.  Obviously, his self-confidence has been built.

I don't want to advertise or over-praise victoria, but just tell the truth abt my feelings and the improvement of my son.  So, wish the other parents don't mind on that.  It's just my own sharing to u.  

Elephant Ma

150#
發表於 07-2-26 16:54 |只看該作者

Yeah, victoria organised so many activities as well as extra-curricular activities for students to participate.

My son is studying in HMT victoria where providing Taewando, drawing & crafting, bullet..etc extra-curriicular activities for students to choose.  We enrolled our son to Taewando and drawing & crafting courses.  In Mar, my son needs to attend the Yellow belt exam of Taewando.  Everything seems not bad coz all the activities take place at the school that my son no need to waste time on travelling to somewhere else and we, as parents, also save time to search activities for our kid to join.  Regarding the course fee, it's quite reasonable coz I had conducted "mkt research"....heee...housewife ma!

During easter/chrismas/summer holdiay, victoria must provide a series of holiday courses, such as Putonghua story-telling course, Eng. drama course, science exploration course..etc for parents to choose for their kids to learn during such long holidays.  Parents can choose or not.  Those activities are NOT mandatory.

Fairly say that sc is really famous than victoria, especially in kowloon side.  But it seems not so much activities provide like victoria coz it's rather traditional when comparing with victoria.  However, sc, of course, has its advantages that so many parents want their childern to get in.

To me, both are good kindy, just depends on what kind of education u want to provide for yr kid.

Cheers
Elephant Ma  

151#
發表於 07-2-26 18:19 |只看該作者

ElephantMa,
So glad to see your comments! My son will be studying Eng/Mand K1 next year in Homantin Victoria, and has given up the seat at SC already.
I also agree with you that both schools are good and famous, choosing which one just depends on which kind of teaching styles we want for our kids.... from your description, Victoria seems meeting my expectation, and hope my son will enjoy his school life there in the coming school term!  
Let's keep sharing with each other in the future!  
兩兄弟相親相愛, 一家四口樂融融! :)

152#
發表於 07-2-27 01:05 |只看該作者

其實兩間schools 既 teaching style 都幾唔同, 真係是乎家長及小朋友既需要

但以我觀察, 在english 方面 , 個人覺得 victoria d 小朋友聽 and 講 既能力高 d (can use english to communicate with 外國人)

sc d 小朋友串生字可能叻 d, some can communicate with 外國人 (但朋友話小朋友要 extra 去補英文)

153#
發表於 07-2-27 14:33 |只看該作者

Hi Momotat,

My pleasure:wink:

Surely yr son will enjoy the school life coz there're full of fun and joy everyday.   

Yup.  Like the class of my son, most of the students communicate in Eng among peers.  They also teach back their NET to speak Putonghua (as told by my son).  It's really full of joy everyday.

As K2 student, my son's class also assigned different posts for them to take, such as Line Leader, Lighting On/Off, Book Keeper, Teacher Helper...etc.  Students need to take the posts on rotation basis.  It does create them to have a sense of responsibility.

In his class, there's one problematic student who speak fluent Eng but super naughty.  As described by son that the two class-masters called a meeting with all classmates to discuss this issue together and let the students to find out how to help the problematic boy to improve his behaviour.  Haa...it seems so fun but we appreciated such arrangement.

For yr info also, K2 students need to read 3 books every week as home reading.  Recently, they also assign a project for students to interview people surroudings and then drop down their preferences..etc in Eng and bring back to share w/ class.

All in all, the education method is lively and full of fun in Victoria that definitely arouse and stimulate students' interests to LEARN.  

Cheers
Elephant Ma

154#
發表於 07-3-3 22:56 |只看該作者

Thanks Elephant ma and Noelmama for your sharings!!  I let my hubby to read your sharings.  He exclaimed and appraised the good and lively teaching method used by Victoria.  Both of us think we've chosen what we want for our son.  

becky
My lovely Chezkel is 6.5 yrs old la!!

155#
發表於 07-3-8 17:48 |只看該作者

Dear beckylui,

Not at all.  Just share w/ u my personal feelings and some episodes of my son's shool life.

Like a coin has two faces -- most things have their pros & cons.  So, some parents may comment victoria good but some may not.  All depends on what their expectations.

Apart fr school, parents also play important roles in the upbringings of children.  That's why so many schools have Parent-Teacher Assocations that aiming to achieve a much better result on cultivating & educating childern under co-works of parents & teachers.

Nowadays, "parent" is not a easy job!  Just do our best la~

Best wishes

Elephant Ma

156#
發表於 07-3-8 18:04 |只看該作者

Dear beckylui,

Oh...one more thing to let u know that, most famous schools in hk side, like St. Paul co-edu, Marymount, 高主教, would like to accept students from Victoria.  So, you'll have much choices in considering primary schools in future.

Cheers
Elephant Ma

157#
發表於 07-4-19 21:40 |只看該作者

HI all moms & papas,
My son is now 7 months old.  When should I start to apply for Nursery?  What do you think of Victoria's Nursery?
thanks

158#
發表於 07-7-9 15:23 |只看該作者
想請問St. Cat and Victoria Kindergarten 難唔難考呢? Interview 時有セ嘢要注意, 如果家長英文唔係咁叻, 會有影响嗎? Thanks!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題