搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St Cat. 2nd waiting list letter
查看: 7582|回覆: 45
go

St Cat. 2nd waiting list letter [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-1-5 10:02 |只看該作者

St Cat. 2nd waiting list letter

I rec'd the letter fm St. Cat said that my son still on waiting list and ask me to wait until Jul or Sept on the day before yesterday, do anyone rec'd this letter?

2#
發表於 06-1-5 10:14 |只看該作者

Re: St Cat. 2nd waiting list letter

I receive the same letter on 1/3. so i do not have any hope on SC, so i don't have any incentive to send another letter.

one thing that i want to mention, I really don't understand why they do not release the seats now, because i know a lot of moms gave up the seats( at least the moms that i know, 7 out of 10 people didn't register .) I think the main reasons that they didn't release is because:

1) they overbooked a lot of students..
2) they don' t want to release now as want to keep its name & reputation, means " no one will give up or they do have too many applicants".
3) they have a lot of " friends" that will release the seats to them even though there are vacancies.

* i am a bit disappointed about its arrangement if my assumption is right; For KV, though i won't let my son study, at least it released the seats for waiting list in Dec so that those parents can have better planning;

if asking me to wait until July-Sept, means i have to pay all the school fee, uniforms for my back up schools, so  

3#
發表於 06-1-5 10:47 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Totally agree with your points of view. It is just ridiculous for them to ask us to wait for another half year. It is really discouraging. I'm seriously thinking of transferring to another school for my elder one (she is K1 of SC, as my younger one is on waiting list) as well.

Just don't understand, how come they could be so inconsiderate to the parents as well as the kids.

Best wishes to all of us with kids on the waiting list.

4#
發表於 06-1-5 11:11 |只看該作者

旻旻,

Did you talk with your daugther's class teacher?
I think you have to discuss it with her teacher, it will be inconventient for a family to take care of 2 children  if they are in different schools?

5#
發表於 06-1-5 11:18 |只看該作者

Hi mommantong,

Thanks for your reply.

I wrote a letter to the principal right after the day I received the waiting list letter in early Dec and I asked my elder daughter to pass this to her classmistress and ask for her help to pass the letter to the principal. I also ask the class mistress to give me a call her discussion. Her "advise" was "send request letter to the principal (1) after X'mas and (2)after my elder daughter registered for next yr, i.e. K2".

Thus, I sent the second request letter to the principal before X'mas. And same as you guys, I received the second waiting list letter from SC on Jan 3.

I'm really frustrated with their administration. NOT helpful at all.

Regards.

6#
發表於 06-1-5 11:24 |只看該作者

旻旻 ,

so besides their 收生標準, it is another disappoinment. So, how about your planning of your younger one?
for your elder daugther, is she studying happily in the school & are you satsified with it? if everthing okay, i think you can still consider putting her there, as Sc still is a good school to enter good private primary schools, unless your substitute is very good.  

7#
發表於 06-1-5 11:35 |只看該作者

旻旻,

My case same as yours.  My elerest son is in SC K1 orange class.  SC put my daughter in waiting list too. My son's teacher taughter me the method same as you.  I am very disappointed about their arrangement and my girl did well in the interview.  

Which class is your daughter in SC now?

Angela

8#
發表於 06-1-5 11:43 |只看該作者

Hi Angela,

My girl is in N Peach, Norfolk Rd, PM.

So what is your plan?

Regards.

9#
發表於 06-1-5 11:56 |只看該作者

Hi mommantong,

My elder one is OK with SC. However, many parents claim that SC is good because there are NET, kids learn English well. In my point of view, this may not excel without the full support of the family. During the parents' talk at the beginning of the school year, the teacher said it would be great if there is someone at home who speaks with the kid in English all the time, or at least there should be one who communicate with the kid in English for 15mins every day. Afterall, it would be your family's effort to build up the good English standard for your kid.

BUT, I do concurr that family has to contribute and co-operate with the school to teach the kid. All I'm saying is,being admitted by SC doesn't mean come up with good English standard automatically.

Regards.

10#
發表於 06-1-5 12:11 |只看該作者

ang_chiu&  旻旻,

Regret to hear your situtations. So I am not very eager as before to send my kid to SC.
For English environment, then most of the kindergarten can do this, like other bilingual schools . I originally " buy" it because its reputation, English and " name " to enter to primary schools.

11#
發表於 06-1-5 12:20 |只看該作者

Hi mommantong and angela,

Not sure whether you agree with me or not.

1. I think if you're going to try the lucky draw for P1, the reputation of kinder is not v. important.
2. But, if you're going to apply for reputable private pri, SC would be a good stepping stone.
3. If there is a good pri with kinder, like Heep Yan, Sacred Heart in HK island, would that be a better choice?

Regards.

12#
發表於 06-1-5 12:37 |只看該作者

旻旻,
Re primary school, because i don't have target schools at my living district so i would try private school or DSS probably.
However, after analysis & my process of searching this year, i have following findings and comments now:

1) I hold a seat of Kenville but most likely i will give
    up and let my son study in Keen Mind.
    I understand most of the parents, including myself,
    still believing both SC and KV can enter good  
    primary schools; However, after i viewed the
    " primary school formum in BK", i found some
     SC/KV students still cannot enter those famous
     schools.
     SO, i believe the other aspects are also
      important:
a)  the efforts of the parents , like trainning your
     kids, sending them to learn more outsides.
b)  date of birth- sometimes famous schools still love
      "big boys/girls" --
c)   family background- the secondary
      schools/primary schools of the parents,
     education level of the parents, occupation ..
d)  performance of the kids during interview, if
     he /she can present himself( it is big different to
     kindergarten interview).
e)  kindergarten name -- will help some. as those primary schools can recongize those students as believing they have certain extent of academic level.

so, base on above, solely the name of the schools is not the key reason to enter to the good primary schools, if both SC or KV does not 100% guarantee our kids to enter our target schools, since there are over 1200 graduated students finally, so we should choose the suitable one for our kids. Sometimes we may ignore their needs,  as we only focus on  "result" rather than " process ", whether you are only aiming on " primary schools" or  aiming on developing your kids on all aspects.

由 旻旻 於 2006-01-05 12:20:50Hi mommantong and angela,

Not sure whether you agree with me or not.

1. I think if you're going to try the lucky draw for P1, the reputation of kinder is not v. important.
2. But, if you're going to apply for reputable private pri, SC would be a good stepping stone.
3. If there is a good pri with kinder, like Heep Yan, Sacred Heart in HK island, would that be a better choice?

13#
發表於 06-1-5 13:42 |只看該作者

I received the letter yesterday too.   Is anyone knows same letter would be sent to those on wait list or those who sent request letter?

14#
發表於 06-1-5 15:14 |只看該作者

Emilyyeung,

I believe they only sent letters to the applicants who sent requested letters.  
how about your back up school & your plan ?

15#
發表於 06-1-5 15:14 |只看該作者

Dear monmantong and 旻旻,
Total agree with both of your point. Famous kinder do not and will not guarantee our kids can go on to the good kinder. Especially with English (or language) it really need the environment and family effort to grow.

Personnally, monmantong your analysis is great, expecial when I speak with the millenium baby's parent, most of them told us, the P1 interview is really a 'total test' of your effort in the past 4 years, PLUS, the parent's background and education while interview. Should I say, after I heard them from discussing their son and daughter going to interview,  I am scare. The way how those famous primary used to eliminate the massive applicant in their first round is really absurd.     

At first SC is my most ideal kinder, and my boy did very well at the interview (at least my husband and I think so, since he interview 5 schools and all other 4 was accepted and we consider his preformance at SC interview is the best among all 5, but end up the only waiting school is SC).

I really don't like the way how SC put the parent on hold until July and Sept., so I already enrol my boy to KV instead. I did not send any letter to the school (not that I don't want to but I don't know how to start the letter   ) and I did not receive the 2nd letter that anyone of you mentioned.

In any way my husband and I believe it is God's way of closing the door. Eventhough I am still open hand but not really in hope that SC will send us acceptance letter, besides, the waiting is for PM class, and we would perfer him to be in the morning class instead.      

16#
發表於 06-1-5 15:31 |只看該作者

TTmomAC ,
your situations is similar to me. My son had totally 7 interviews and only failed in SC.

SN- accepted.
Victoria- accepted
Kenville - accepted
Keen Mind- accepted
a school of TKO - accepted.
Tsung Tsin - accepted.

firstly, i was upset when hearing my son was on the waiting list & really wanted to cry.. seems to be end of the world, luckily it was just 2 days.

It really can be a  心路歷程 , now I am so happy to find out what is suitable for myself and my son.

so, is Kenville your target school also? do you like it much?

17#
發表於 06-1-5 15:36 |只看該作者

Dear all,

My son was graduated in SC, 3 years ago, I have the same experience.  I got the seat in August finally.  I paid the other kinder for all school fees, books and uniform.  I don't know the reason, but I was admired this school, so I still admitted for my son.  And he was so happy to study there and have a very good english standard anyway.

18#
發表於 06-1-5 15:40 |只看該作者

janjanjan,

at that time, did you write letters to SC to ask for a seat? meantime, would you mind telling me what his existing primary school is?

19#
發表於 06-1-5 15:46 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 06-1-5 15:54 |只看該作者

monmantong,

York is my back up school.  My girl is "samll baby" Dec. 09, 03.  I only applied 5 kinders.   My baby's Eng. is better than Cantonese, that why I like York and SC.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題