發表於 05-11-3 10:41 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 港大同學會結果

jjj

佢要講大話, 我都沒有辨法.我也只可以等

你沒有register, 點解呀!可否分享!  :cry:

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 05-11-3 10:58 |顯示全部帖子

我覺得可能佢d位唔夠分, 又預左黎梗21/11又有一批cancel, 所以一次過至攪啦, 你知啦, 而家資訊咁發達, 如果d家長知waitlist一個有, 一個無, 學校就實俾人煩到c, 所以索性全部都唔出offer掛.....
等~~寂寞到夜深~~~大家都等下啦....

發表於 05-11-3 11:04 |顯示全部帖子

vvchik2005 wrote,
我今天打去問有冇人放棄冇註冊, 佢話"冇" . 睇黎冇行呢!
JJJ wrote,
This is not true.
My daughter didn't register with UGAPS.
myan1205 wrote,
That is, HKUGA tell lies?

JJJ,
Has the deadline of your kid's registration passed already?

發表於 05-11-3 16:37 |顯示全部帖子

The school is too far away from my home, I don't want my little girl to spend hours in transport everyday.

Of course, the rule of the game is that you need to apply for every school, in case ...

Good luck.

發表於 05-11-3 21:47 |顯示全部帖子

psmama,

The school adopts a 'positive reinforcement' approach in teaching. e.g. Chinese dictation - For the unseen part, the teacher will announce the theme like words of 部首 '手', things you see in school etc. Every correct word gets 5 marks. So, as my son tells me, the whole class gets very excited and eagar to have the dictation. :
The teacher tests how much you know, not how much you don't know.

I think parents should consider carefully if they accept this approach. Some may think that it is meaningless to test what I already know. As other hkuga parents commented before, take project doing as another example, the aim of the school is to let the kids learn through the process rather than only eye at the score.

Another point that arouses queries is ' academic level'. Indeed I am not qualified to judge it as my boy is only in P.2.

For I myself I never trust that 'more difficult means better' for children at this age. I would rather concern if they can lay a good foundation. Frankly speaking, as I am also one of those come from 傳統教學, I once also question about the standard the school can achieve.

My doubts get solved only after my son entered P.2 My small boy is crying, sorry I got to go. chat with you later.  
寵辱不驚、閑看庭前花開花落。去留無意、漫隨天外雲巻雲舒

發表於 05-11-3 22:29 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Sheenaho,

You are quite right. My kid who is in p1 enjoys very much the unseen dictation, and he learns quite a lot of new words VOLUNTARILY this way and each child learns different words himself. As you said, this is positive reinforcement. Now my son is searching through the newspaper for all the words with 'wood' and he just does not want to stop. I have to stop writing because of his zealous efforts. Write to you later.

發表於 05-11-4 01:20 |顯示全部帖子

I did not register with my kid either.

發表於 05-11-4 01:35 |顯示全部帖子

Yes, the deadline was last Saturday ...

After careful consideration, we didn't go for the registration,  as the school is really too far for us.

cow 寫道:
[quote]vvchik2005 wrote,
我今天打去問有冇人放棄冇註冊, 佢話"冇" . 睇黎冇行呢!
JJJ wrote,
This is not true.
My daughter didn't register with UGAPS.
myan1205 wrote,
That is, HKUGA tell lies?

JJJ,
Has the deadline of your kid's registration passed already?[/quote]

發表於 05-11-4 13:39 |顯示全部帖子

Martie , jjj

請問你們的小朋友是那類型的小朋友, 因我真的很想知道
學校今年是心儀什麼小朋友.  謝謝!

發表於 05-11-4 15:38 |顯示全部帖子

HI all

HKUGAPS is my first choice. But my girl is rejected, not even have a 2nd interview.   

發表於 05-11-4 16:14 |顯示全部帖子

dear Charlotte_mom,
um... so tired we are ( the parents ).
Although its not my term this year, ( my son is studying in K2 now ), when I read the sharing of bk moms, I can't imagine what will i do in next year !
Best wishes to all bk moms !
psmama

Charlotte_mom 寫道:
哎...唔係唔想答你地....我都係waitlist, 真係個心lor lor luen, 都唔知講咩
鐘意hkugaps既家長, 都係鐘意佢活動教學, 一條龍, 鼓勵學生多d發言發問, 激發學生既創作性&思維等等
今年約有1300-1400人apply小一, 其中(估計)有約400人入second in, 呢400人之中, 120人係正選, 有d會reject, 其他就係top waitlist/waitlist喇
我估佢地鐘意d talkative, 外向, friendly既學生(不過真係唔知佢點揀人, 好多乎合條件既applicant, 連second in都無), 我睇佢今年似乎傾向揀英文程度高既applicant
佢年年interview形式都唔同, 試過(聽聞第一年係)鬥誠意, 睇下邊個去遊戲日, 開放日最多, 跟住之後係上午in學生下午in家長, group discussion同1-1都有, 今年又改左, 第一round只見學生係group activity, 第2round係2老師+1校長+3學生小組面試, 唔見家長(估計係因為個個家長都講唔停, 結果overrun, 細路又等得辛苦)

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 05-11-4 17:16 |顯示全部帖子

話說今日, 竟然收到hkugaps信, 即拆啦, 話"未能提供學位予貴子弟", 嚇得我丫, 唔通wait wait下都out人出黎?!
咁我梗係即刻打去問清楚啦, 原來佢話suppose封信係for無second in, 但又照叩門既學生, wait wait下既, 唔會變成reject wor (嚇死我呀 )
跟住我又問, 咁幾時call人呀, (學校都係堅持全部人去晒register), 原來我一路攪錯左一樣野, 原來register左hkugaps既學生, 係連"自行分配學位"都唔會有offer架, 所以, 黎梗21/11唔會有人因為"有津校/官校offer而唔要hkuga"....所以....學校話, 都係會七月至call waiting架喇......哎.........

發表於 05-11-4 17:39 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Charlotte_mom,

咁係唔係有呢封信既人,就算冇2nd 都有得做waiting list ?

sonma

Charlotte_mom 寫道:
話說今日, 竟然收到hkugaps信, 即拆啦, 話"未能提供學位予貴子弟", 嚇得我丫, 唔通wait wait下都out人出黎?!
咁我梗係即刻打去問清楚啦, 原來佢話suppose封信係for無second in, 但又照叩門既學生, wait wait下既, 唔會變成reject wor (嚇死我呀 )
跟住我又問, 咁幾時call人呀, (學校都係堅持全部人去晒register), 原來我一路攪錯左一樣野, 原來register左hkugaps既學生, 係連"自行分配學位"都唔會有offer架, 所以, 黎梗21/11唔會有人因為"有津校/官校offer而唔要hkuga"....所以....學校話, 都係會七月至call waiting架喇......哎.........

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 05-11-4 18:08 |顯示全部帖子

我都唔知呀(我唸唔係掛?), 學校staff話因為太多人去叩門, 有second in既有, 無second in既亦有, 所以出封信係俾果d無second in, 但都照叩門既applicants, 話俾佢地知無學位(即係唔會因為求情而改變結果), 而本身second in完waitlist既, 唔會有影響

發表於 05-11-4 23:01 |顯示全部帖子

我已經替我個女註冊了.  我個女的性格屬於斯文怕怕羞的. 但她非常喜歡閱讀. 1st interview 時她告訴我其他同組小朋友都去了玩遊戲時, 她去了看書才去玩. 2nd interview 時她說校長問英文, 其他兩個小朋友答中文. 她就用英文答翻.

我個女係比較鍾意英文, 她愛看英文卡通片, 英文書, 同由細揍到大的菲傭溝通都無問題, 唔知有無關係呢?
該用戶已被刪除

發表於 05-11-4 23:55 |顯示全部帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
該用戶已被刪除

發表於 05-11-5 00:06 |顯示全部帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 05-11-5 01:31 |顯示全部帖子

Charlotte_mom

我黎hkuga topic 睇下你呀, 你重好緊張bor?
不過我都知比d學校吊住好鬼淒慘,上年我都有寫信比學校寫到9月.........   
你囝囝又點呀 ? 未唸掂 ?

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

發表於 05-11-5 13:58 |顯示全部帖子

hellolanlan
又見到你
個仔...已經鎖定目標, 報晒先啦

makbycyrus
奇怪, 我個女堅稱, 2次interview都無人講過英文, 亦無人要求佢講英文(只有叫佢睇英文書)
如果係oral題就好啦, 我個女talk得唔睇得架.....

發表於 05-11-5 18:14 |顯示全部帖子

sheenaho,

waiting for you to continue...... :