搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 I want my child to goto CIS / HKIS / GSIS
樓主: gweiloproblems
go

[小學] I want my child to goto CIS / HKIS / GSIS [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 23-6-3 14:14 |只看該作者
gweiloproblems 發表於 23-6-3 10:44
Can I continue her education at Dibber Intl Kindergarten? It is right opposite our house and we don' ...

The Chinese curriculum at Victoria could be challenging for your child. Also I don't think the brand of a kindergarten has a significant impact on the top IS admission.
If the current kindergarten is good and convenient, it's fine to stay. You need to consider arranging extra Mandarin classes to give your child a better foundation.

You can also consider Kellett, CNDIS, ESF, FIS etc. as the alternative. They are all popular and there are number of their students later will transfer to CIS, GSIS and HKIS.

22#
發表於 23-6-3 16:08 |只看該作者
With FP, you can go everywhere.

23#
發表於 23-6-3 17:12 |只看該作者
bigheadshrimp 發表於 23-6-3 12:14
CIS, HKIS and GSIS are all great schools, but they are very different. CIS splits time between Chine ...
I understand thank you. I did not know Gsis German was compulsory. It seems I need more research before deciding on my top choices.
Appreciate you input about the kindergarten:)

24#
發表於 23-6-3 17:21 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 gweiloproblems 於 23-8-30 11:54 編輯
Adiezz Posted on 23-6-3 14:14
The Chinese curriculum at Victoria could be challenging for your child. Also I don't think the bran ...

Ah ok this makes sense. I'll keep that in mind. I've bought some flash cards in PTH so I can supplement as much as possible. I guess you are right I have to consider other options as well as my choices might be too much of a reach.

25#
發表於 23-6-3 19:20 |只看該作者
回覆 gweiloproblems 的帖子

Where is SIS ?

26#
發表於 23-6-3 19:25 |只看該作者
Goodluck2022 發表於 23-6-3 19:20
回覆 gweiloproblems 的帖子

Where is SIS ?
Singapore International School - I think its near CDNIS

27#
發表於 23-6-3 20:03 |只看該作者
Since you are an African, why you are so interested inCIs where Chinese is an entrance requirement obviously.

And I am also very curious you take these 3 schools as target? For the better university placement?

28#
發表於 23-6-3 20:56 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 gweiloproblems 於 23-6-5 10:36 編輯
Youweird 發表於 23-6-3 20:03
Since you are an African, why you are so interested inCIs where Chinese is an entrance requirement o ...

I'm sorry Id like to clarify, even though Mauritius is in the African continent but it's made of brown and white people who have been there for generations.

Regardless, I do find Chinese important as we plan to call Hong Kong home and it is a great skill to have.

The target schools are specifically chosen based on what I have been recommended to aim for if your company can cover some of the costs. University placements are very important too :)

29#
發表於 23-6-3 21:53 |只看該作者
回覆 gweiloproblems 的帖子

Ok are you saying you are actually white ?
Thats awesome. Your chance is high. Its even better that you are observant about the importance of chinese

30#
發表於 23-6-3 21:59 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 gweiloproblems 於 23-8-30 11:49 編輯
Goodluck2022 Published on 23-6-3 21:53
in reply to gweiloproblems' post

Ok are you saying you are actually white ?

No I'm actually mixed colour haha

31#
發表於 23-6-3 22:34 |只看該作者
gweiloproblems 發表於 23-6-3 21:59
No I'm actually brown haha. We are 3rd generation Mauritians.

I don't think the race is a matter as long as your kid doesn't look like a Chinese. He/She will have a higher chance. Most international would like to have more non local students to make the school more international..

32#
發表於 23-6-3 22:50 |只看該作者
回覆 gweiloproblems 的帖子

brown is close to yellow! You have a huge advantage !!
What do u do for living ?

I seldom hear africans working in HK. Thanks.

33#
發表於 23-6-4 06:58 |只看該作者
gweiloproblems 發表於 23-6-3 10:39
No we are both expats who have just moved here. Do not know how to speak any Chinese.
I found your  ...
I have friends who also hold Mauritius passport, but he is a local, so when I initially read your post, I doubt if you are similar.  But since you are a real expat (non-Chinese origin), you are having better chance to get into these schools.
For CIS, I hear they split into three group of applicants and you should belong to the minority FP group.  I know a friend whose child is mixed and has a Holland or Belgium passport.  She sent her child to Victoria and got into CIS.  

34#
發表於 23-6-4 17:25 |只看該作者
Erminator 發表於 23-6-4 06:58
I have friends who also hold Mauritius passport, but he is a local, so when I initially read your po ...
This is great news thank you 😁
If I can try help out her education at home. Do you think Victoria will give me an edge. I understand the level of PTH might be higher than what my home car offer but we are willing to work with her to make sure she isn't falling behind

35#
發表於 23-6-4 20:09 |只看該作者
gweiloproblems 發表於 23-6-4 17:25
If I can try help out her education at home. Do you think Vic ...
For your case, if you really aim at CIS, you should enroll your kid into a bilingual kindergarten and also private PTH class at home or anywhere.  This will not only help brushing up the language but also show your strong commitment to learning Chinese in front of the school.  You don’t really need to go to Victoria as CIS won’t bother much, but you need to ensure that kindergarten is a true bilingual one instead of those offering English with PTH teaching.  

36#
發表於 23-6-4 20:20 |只看該作者
回覆 Erminator 的帖子

Do u refer to ESF ?

37#
發表於 23-6-4 20:21 |只看該作者
回覆 gweiloproblems 的帖子

I am amazed by your effort to ensure the kids success.
Foreigners are usually pretty laid back.

You are very different.

May I know why ?

38#
發表於 23-6-4 22:12 |只看該作者
gweiloproblems 發表於 23-6-4 17:25
If I can try help out her education at home. Do you think Vic ...

本帖最後由 Adiezz 於 23-6-4 22:16 編輯

本帖最後由 Adiezz 於 23-6-4 22:13 編輯

本帖最後由 Adiezz 於 23-6-4 22:13 編輯

If you are expat, Victoria may not be the best choice. Victoria is a “local” school that running an IB program, it provides very good bilingual environment, and most of the student are native or fluent in either English or putonghua. However the student mix are not very diverse comparing to IS. Also, it’s curriculum is more “academic” than IS, some foreign parents have transferred their kids to IS due to the “heavy” homework load at Victoria.

You can consider CNDIS K. Their program is bilingual and may fit your needs

Additionally, I suggest you to find a private tutor or send your kid to a putonghua centre, it is more effective and she can get used to communicating with Chinese.

39#
發表於 23-6-5 10:18 |只看該作者
Goodluck2022 posted on 23-6-4 20:21
in reply to gweiloproblems' post

I am amazed by your effort to ensure the kids success.

Haha thank you. But I assure you all the expats around me are as worried about their kids as much or more as anyone else in HK or at least me. I have referred them to this forum so I hope you don't mind seeing a few more expats in these forums :)

40#
發表於 23-6-5 10:24 |只看該作者
Goodluck2022 Posted on 23-6-4 20:20
Reply to Erminator's post

Do u refer to ESF ?
I have considered ESF. But I have also heard it isn't easy to get into.

The closest ESF to me is KJS/KGV and I heard they are the most sought after in ESF schools. I only want ESF if she gets in here . Otherwise there seems to be many choices that would be considered as good.

With School Zoning removed, I have been told it is going to be even harder to get into KJS/KGV
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊