用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any French nursery in Wan Chai?
發新帖
查看: 3394|回覆: 2
go

[其他] Any French nursery in Wan Chai?

發表於 21-11-22 15:39 |顯示全部帖子
Does anyone know any good playgroups or nurseries/kindergartens for 18 months old in Wan Chai area? Prefer the location close to Wan Chai MTR.

Previously I knew a French education center for kids called 'La Maternelle' on Queen's road east, but I am not sure if they are still operating. Does anyone has expierence with them?

I have also contacted with Alliance Française, but the lanuage course for toddlers will be only avaiable in Jordan and Shatin center.

Thanks in advance!

發表於 21-11-23 15:04 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 dem0cracy 於 21-11-23 15:05 編輯

回覆 wedance512 的帖子

My kid joined the summer camp at La Maternelle when he has 4 years old.  Overall experience was positive - good teacher, decent environment, nice staff, kid was happy and learned something. However, they mixed kids at all French levels in one group in the summer camp. I'm fine because my kid was a complete beginner, but I'm not quite sure those kids and parents who already know French would be too happy.
Btw, La Maternelle is the same group as Le Club de Cinq (they shared the same campus before LM moved to Queens Road E) which offers ECA French lessons for FIS.  I think this should be a good indicator of their teaching quality.

Other well-known French preschools are La Chouette, Le Petit Lascars and Lou Pichoun.  The closest one to Wan Chai is La Chouette (Sai Ying Pun). But most kids who attend these preschools have at least one French-speaking parent. I'm not sure how much French environment you have at home. If it's zero you might want to discuss with the school to see if it's suitable for your family first.

發表於 21-11-23 21:54 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 dem0cracy 的帖子

Many thanks for the useful information. My kid is half French. We are trying raise her as a multilingual kid. And French may be the weakest among all 3-4 languages, because of where we are.
I just checked La Maternelle today and they are still operating, which is a good news. We also went to Les Petits Lascars central campus before, but my hubby wasn't impressed. As for La Chouette Ecole, its website no longer works and the facebook page doesn't have much information neither. Plus we prefer the schools are in walkable distance, especially when she is quite young.

It seems that La Maternelle is still the best option for us so far.  But there aren't many reviews and discussion about this school. I am glad to hear a positive experience from you.