搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Battle Abbey School UK
發新帖
查看: 2268|回覆: 7
go

[英國] Battle Abbey School UK [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 21-11-11 11:37 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問有沒有人讀 Battle Abbey School UK? 想了解下這學校好唔好. 謝謝!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 21-11-11 12:32 |只看該作者
Li_Man_Ho 發表於 21-11-11 11:37
請問有沒有人讀 Battle Abbey School UK? 想了解下這學校好唔好. 謝謝!

請問找學校有什麼考慮因素
Battle Abbey 細校 宿生比例低
學術水平參考 DfE APS (Grade)

2019 A level DfE APS (Grade) Rank^
Battle Abbey 34.72 (C+) #369

Independent schools 41.25 (B)
State schools/colleges 32.87 (C+)
All schools/colleges 34.01 (C+)

^ Amongst 530 indies with APS

ISC
https://www.isc.co.uk/schools/england/sussex-east/battle/battle-abbey-school/

Size: 515

Boys - age range & pupil numbers:
Day: 0 to 18 (225)
Boarding: 11 to 18 (30)
Sixth form: (40)

Girls - age range & pupil numbers:
Day: 0 to 18 (230)
Boarding: 11 to 18 (30)
Sixth form: (60)

3#
發表於 21-11-11 13:48 |只看該作者
I am looking for small and caring school for my son, This school accepted my son, but I just saw their recent ISI report on Oct 2021, quite lots of area don't meet the standard, so I am worry and thinking the ISI report is reliable? Any parents when choosing school will look into this type of reports? Thanks.

4#
發表於 21-11-11 14:37 |只看該作者
回覆 Li_Man_Ho 的帖子

I think you are very wise in consulting the school's ISI report before deciding. The ISI is about the only "official" oversight body for independent schools in the UK (although they are only a government approved third party) and their report carries a lot of weight.
I think the problem with Battle Abbey is that it is a very small school and that it is mainly a day school with a few boarders. Small schools usually tend to do better in pastoral care BUT offers less in terms of resources, facilities and choices. I've heard before that BA might not offer all subjects due to lack of numbers who want to take it up.

The problem with a predominantly day school is that pastoral care suffers because not all staff and faculty stay at the school. You can imagine them wanting to leave after classes to get home instead of staying behind because they live at school or have tutoring duties at the boarding houses.

Small schools with small number of boarders also tend not to provide as much of a broadening boarding experience because there are only a handful of students staying and mixing at night and during weekends. (Unless you plan on going as a day student which I guess is a different matter).

Finally I think academic rankings are a complete waste of time and a pretty useless indicator of whether a school is good or not. It says nothing about pastoral care, boarding experience, facilities and resources. It doesn't even indicate whether a school adds value academically or not. There are students at academically high ranking schools that fail just as there are students at academically below average schools that excel. To me it's more of an indication of intake quality and i wouldn't pay too much attention to this kind of data when deciding.

Just my opinion of course.

5#
發表於 21-11-11 14:50 |只看該作者
Thank you so much for your option, I never think of this point. I totally agree with you that "Small schools with small number of boarders also tend not to provide as much of a broadening boarding experience because there are only a handful of students staying and mixing at night and during weekends."

I hope my son have another offer and now I will looking for the school with more boarders.

Thanks again.

6#
發表於 21-11-11 14:53 |只看該作者
回覆 Li_Man_Ho 的帖子

good luck!

7#
發表於 21-11-11 16:09 |只看該作者
Thank you.

8#
發表於 21-11-11 18:45 |只看該作者
Li_Man_Ho 發表於 21-11-11 14:50
Thank you so much for your option, I never think of this point. I totally agree with you that "Small ...

you should not have applied for this one in the first place - waste of time
‹ 上一主題|下一主題