用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 傳統學校轉國際
查看: 22056|回覆: 23
go

[小學] 傳統學校轉國際

發表於 21-11-5 22:38 |顯示全部帖子
我有兩位小朋友,兩位小朋友成績都不美好,特別近期大仔出現負面情緒經常會喊、已經小四,所以同先生考慮轉去國際讀,想問問大家有邊幾間國際係校風比較好,又容易收生.本人住新界

發表於 21-11-6 04:35 |顯示全部帖子
Hysen 發表於 21-11-5 22:38
我有兩位小朋友,兩位小朋友成績都不美好,特別近期大仔出現負面情緒經常會喊、已經小四,所以同先生考慮轉 ...
成績唔好、情緒問題轉IS 唔係解決方法。如校風好,學校有一定要求,一般唔容易入。

發表於 21-11-6 10:40 |顯示全部帖子
是否壓力太大?新校會比較容易有機會,入到再轉心儀吧。不過既然諗住以後讀國際,思想上都要改變。是另外一種學制,會是全新體驗。

發表於 21-11-6 12:31 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 巴士 於 21-11-6 12:31 編輯

YMCA基信, 私小, 每班有外籍學生, 我個女都係小四插班, 讀得開心, 好滿意, 全年收插班生, 因為最近有個新黎插班,

發表於 21-11-6 22:19 |顯示全部帖子
巴士 發表於 21-11-6 12:31
YMCA基信, 私小, 每班有外籍學生, 我個女都係小四插班, 讀得開心, 好滿意, 全年收插班生, 因為最近有個新黎 ...

請問插班生考什麼內容?插班資料是官網有定要自己打電話去學校問?Thx

發表於 21-11-7 20:42 |顯示全部帖子
巴士 發表於 21-11-6 12:31
YMCA基信, 私小, 每班有外籍學生, 我個女都係小四插班, 讀得開心, 好滿意, 全年收插班生, 因為最近有個新黎 ...

請問基信有無呈分

發表於 21-11-7 20:47 |顯示全部帖子
Poyau 發表於 21-11-7 20:42
請問基信有無呈分

沒有呈分,因為基信用英國課程,唔係行local 課程

發表於 21-11-7 20:55 |顯示全部帖子
ol_bb 發表於 21-11-7 20:47
沒有呈分,因為基信用英國課程,唔係行local 課程

謝謝 明白

發表於 21-11-7 20:56 |顯示全部帖子
clean112 發表於 21-11-6 22:19
請問插班生考什麼內容?插班資料是官網有定要自己打電話去學校問?Thx

本帖最後由 ol_bb 於 21-11-8 09:30 編輯

建議先打電話去office問!
之前聽過有個女仔響local突然唔肯返學,後來轉左過嚟就冇事!
呢間學校好好,老師、校長好有愛心!

發表於 21-11-9 11:34 |顯示全部帖子
佢地有中學, 5年級可以有interview優先取錄, 中文又可以按自己程度選, 因為我女中文唔好, 在傳統學校普教中, 讀得唔好, 又唔開心, d老師又差, 因為佢唔係精英班, 感覺被放逐一樣, 所以決定同佢搵間適合佢既學校, 結果就搵到呢間, 雖然唔係熱門名校, 但又真係幾岩佢, 英文本身在傳統學校已不錯, 全級排10幾, 黎到基信發覺佢英文更上一層樓, 佢仲話比我知以前學校教d英文太淺

發表於 21-11-9 11:42 |顯示全部帖子
其實當時諗, 如果繼續留係呢間傳統學校只會入band 3中學, 我唔想佢學壞誤入歧途, 朋輩好影響小朋友成長, 特別係進入青春期, 至於基信考什麼, 我女話有中英文卷要做, 英文佢話要看圖然後答問題, 跟住會有面對面interview, 問下d日常生活問題, 當日考左3個幾鐘

發表於 21-11-10 16:40 |顯示全部帖子
小學階段,全港的IS校風不會太差的。
孩子急需一個改變,一點放鬆,一點理解與支持。

提議先去任何一間IS小學作為過渡期,等習慣英語學習環境,一兩年後再轉讀其他心儀的IS,便一點也不難了。

天大地大,自己孩子的心理和生理健康最大,等不得,快快幫助孩子,小改變,大進步。

祝妳和孩子生活愉快!

發表於 21-11-10 17:04 |顯示全部帖子

新界其實多新校,人少少大機會會比較關愛,如有需要可以搵D有ESL support的,比較易收生可試吓有ASHK, Spanish IS, Anfield。
傳統學校算吧啦,我啲朋友個個初小自稱在傳統好開心的,到高小都報哂IS等緊位,真係早轉早享受。

發表於 21-11-11 10:34 |顯示全部帖子
964000 發表於 21-11-10 17:04
新界其實多新校,人少少大機會會比較關愛,如有需要可以搵D有ESL support的,比較易收生可試吓有ASHK, Spa ...

本帖最後由 conniewktang 於 21-12-6 18:17 編輯

My son’s amazing changes when he was in Grade 6 as a new student in ASHK

My son studied in a local Chinese primary school before, the best one in a district of Kowloon. His academic results were good in P5 as he once came first in form. However, with too much drilling in Primary 5, he lost interest in his studies though the school is a good one,and he was addicted to playing video games to reduce his pressure and anxiety. Because of COVID-19, we both stayed at home, I worked from home and he had online lessons. We chatted more and he would like to have a change in his life as he disliked the local school system and he wanted to study in an international school for his secondary school life.
We like the American style of education and after getting a lot of positive comments from my son’s godmother who is a foreigner with clients’ kids in ASHK, I decided to apply for a place in ASHK only as it seemed to suit him well. ASHK has strong student support both academically and emotionally. Special care will be given to new students. The curriculum is well-designed and classes are taught by teachers with good qualifications. Also, students can  learn Chinese by using traditional characters. The best group in Chinese can use local Chinese textbooks but the writing is more demanding than most local schools. All these meet our requirements.
My son went to an interview in April 2020,and luckily, he passed the tests in English, Language Arts and Math. We were so delighted. He was admitted to Grade 6 ( first year of secondary school) of ASHK.
It’s just the beginning.
He met a very warm and caring homeroom teacher Ms Tara Store. She is so kind, patient, professional and hardworking. She could take care of the Grade 6 students well beyond our imagination. Her Science and Math classes are so inspiring and my son learnt quite a lot from her. My son learnt Newton’s three laws, periodic table, cell biology, and so on from Science class and some of these are only taught in Secondary Six of DSE in local schools. ASHK can also incorporate STEAM into the Science curriculum in which my son is interested. He designed a machine using Newton’s third law. I was amazed at how much he mastered over the year in terms of knowledge and soft skills needed in the future career. Every day, my son watched the special Math video prepared by Ms Store and he answered the questions one by one. He could progress very quickly. English class has also tailor-made to suit students’ need. Mr Arndt and Ms Curtis can teach students step by step to brush up their English level in modern literature. They have learnt how to analyse a book and he starts to love reading. Mr Arndt and Ms Curtis are so encouraging, their teaching methods can makestudents be interested in learning English.
Who says Social Studies is boring, Mr Mallary is a scholar who could make my son love History and work hard in it.
Mr Suleman is also a good teacher as he helped my son bridge the language barrier when he studies Social Studies and Science in Grade 6. He is really patient and helpful.
My son disliked learning Chinese Language in the local school, however, his interest in learning Chinese has been aroused in ASHK by Ms Emma. He loves learning Chinese now and his Putonghua proficiency has been improved rapidly as he has five Chinese lessons conducted in Putonghua every week.
My son has learnt how to use a computer to do the design work and appreciate art from Mr Poblador. He has learnt how to play the saxophone and compose music by using a computer from Mr Callan. He has also learnt how to stay healthy by learning different kinds of sports from Mr Segraves and now he plays basketball every day in school and loves playing sports. He has learnt coding from Mr Yue and is interested in it.
All the teachers in ASHK are nice and helpful.
One amazing thing is that students in ASHK have started to learn research methods in Grade 6. However, the local students are taught in the first year of undergraduate course in university. They have learnt the method of citation and how to quote information from the references.
In ASHK, my son reads more books and spends less time playing video games. He does not need to use gaming as a means to reduce his pressure in studies anymore as he did before when he studied in a local school. He has more time to develop his hobbies like basketball and photography.
I am delighted to see his changes and growth in ASHK and would surely tell all my friends about it.
I would like to say thank you to all the teachers in ASHK!
One more point, the students in ASHK are well-behaved and teachers will discipline them all the time. Some teachers are even stricter than the teachers in local schools like Ms Tara Store. Even though you are in school, if you enter the classroom late eg only 1 minute late as you go to your locker to get something without noticing the time, it will be regarded as being late.
My son is now in Grade 7 in ASHK. He goes to school every day happily.

點評

annie40    發表於 22-1-8 15:11

發表於 21-11-11 13:04 |顯示全部帖子
巴士 發表於 21-11-9 11:34
佢地有中學, 5年級可以有interview優先取錄, 中文又可以按自己程度選, 因為我女中文唔好, 在傳統學校普教中 ...

很高興知道你囡囡重拾對學習既興趣! 有時小朋友唔係唔得,只係需要轉換另一種學習模式!

發表於 21-11-11 19:13 |顯示全部帖子
conniewktang 發表於 21-11-11 10:34
My son’s amazing changes when he was in Grade 6 as a new student in ASHK

My son studied in a loca ...

香港讀主流中學壓力太大,所以我小朋友升中轉IS, 今日又有一單,很傷感⋯⋯
myimage.jpg

發表於 21-11-15 12:29 |顯示全部帖子
選學校影響小朋友一生, 選對了可以係一條康莊大道, 選錯了便是一條不歸路, 所以一發覺唔適合便要馬上尋找另一間適合佢的學校, 免得誤導一生

發表於 21-11-24 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
謝謝大家意見,來緊都會去面試國際學校

發表於 21-12-29 17:35 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 巴士 的帖子

想問你是否全年也有得IN插班? 我會幫小朋友試下, 希望有機會入讀.

發表於 22-1-6 13:45 |顯示全部帖子
巴士 發表於 21-11-15 12:29
選學校影響小朋友一生, 選對了可以係一條康莊大道, 選錯了便是一條不歸路, 所以一發覺唔適合便要馬上尋找另 ...

係呀 吾岩就早d轉 我女小一至小二本地小學讀 丫女讀得好吾開心 溫書做功課要吹 吾願做 現轉左is 之後成個人開心左 主動左左好多 又成日睇書 成績進步左好多 is 較既方式吾同 對小朋友係好