搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 AIS EC1
樓主: Falcon媽媽
go

[其他] AIS EC1 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 21-10-22 09:37 |只看該作者
回覆 964000 的帖子

I think if they are negative exp / comments, she is not convenient to say it out here,

22#
發表於 21-10-22 09:38 |只看該作者
回覆 panda_l 的帖子

Just wonder why suddenly change of school?

23#
發表於 21-10-22 10:50 |只看該作者
回覆 Falcon媽媽 的帖子

We are looking for through train international school.   Also,  she is not at Think (IB school) in kowloon tong but another campus so a bit different from int'l sch

24#
發表於 21-10-26 17:10 |只看該作者
ycycwing 發表於 21-10-22 09:05
回覆 junyina 的帖子

Hi, I wanna know more about the school and the reason for you to transfer out o ...

Sorry to reply late as I have been busy these few days.

I would say there is no perfect school for all. It all depends on what an individual is looking for.

I value
1) student to teacher ratio
2) language immersion
3) different cultural exposure which can be done both by activities organise by school, parents AND student diversity
4) academic level on par with my kid’s development

Also would consider:
5) school fee
6) school location
7) school management - affects school wide organisation, hence classroom, then all the way down to student uniform attire and other minor issues. School rules and guidelines are there, but whether or not to execute is another issue
8) ECA offers by school

Every parents weigh the above factors differently. There are lots of happy parents at AIS. With no offence, they are what I described as “carefree” parents, fine with the school as long as their kids are happy and no need to bother them.

I personally looked for more when I decided to put my kid to an IS instead of local school. I have been disappointed towards AIS on 2,3,4,7& 8 and have been waiting for a chance to transfer my kid to another school.

The act of transfer isn’t triggered by a single incident but is the result of lots of consecutive issues that are not acceptable for me - could be fine for other existing parents / or potential parents tho.

I’ll try to share more here when I have time. In the meantime please feel free to PM me if u wanna know more abt AIS.

25#
發表於 21-10-26 18:02 |只看該作者
回覆 junyina 的帖子

請問你小朋友現在 AIS 讀緊 high / middle / elementary school?

26#
發表於 21-10-26 19:13 |只看該作者
lulukoko 發表於 21-10-26 18:02
回覆 junyina 的帖子

請問你小朋友現在 AIS 讀緊 high / middle / elementary school?

Elementary school

27#
發表於 21-10-29 10:33 |只看該作者
junyina 發表於 21-10-26 17:10
Sorry to reply late as I have been busy these few days.

I would say there is no perfect school for ...
The initial expectation of the parents  translates to satisfaction level.
The academic levels and style of many IS in HK which local parents always have complaints on are indeed similar with the school overseas (of course not in the aspect of student mixture).

New IS in HK may evolve as more parents opt for schools in-between IS and LS recently.

It is not fair to describe other parents as "carefree" and don't want to be bothered.

And also note that because of COVID, most school activities have to be adjusted. This happened in all schools.

28#
發表於 21-10-30 03:28 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 junyina 於 21-10-30 03:54 編輯

回覆 sallym 的帖子

"The initial expectation of the parents translates to satisfaction level."   - second that.

That's why I said there's no perfect school that fits all. I was only explaining my own choice here because a few parents asked why I transferred my kid to another school.

It's also not fair for you to label me as a local parent who complains about IS academic level in general. I don't even know what the local system is offering at her age, but I am only comparing AIS's curriculum with my own kid's development.
I hope to find a school with classmates who are on par with my kids' level. My girl is in G2 now and is given G3 worksheets to do, while quite a number of classmates are still working on materials that she completed two years ago. The 3 year spread in the same class made me wonder how much she benefits from the daily school teaching - plus I know she does not find the G3 worksheet challenging at all. While I appreciate the teacher's act of catering her individual level, I would worry about "what's next?".  Does she always have to do worksheets of higher grades and be different from her classmates? When can they talk in the same language? Again, it's not the curriculum's fault, but it just does not fit my kid. It really depends on individual's level.

---------

Regarding the "carefree" parents that I mentioned, I was linking their attitudes towards the school's management. Examples are:
1) Kids having snacks on the playground floor while there are other kids running around very close by. Too close that my girl's water bottle was knocked down a few times. It was aluminum water bottle so I could tell.
2) Last year was a mixed of online and face-to-face school. For Elementary School, the first day after holiday was always being called as "OFF CAMPUS Learning" or "Asynchronous Day". It's said in the email:

Faculty On-Campus Work Day - Prepare for School Resumption.

Students Will Be Assigned Work to Complete at Home.

There will be no Zoom sessions for students today.

The so-called "work" was usually one piece of worksheet or a few YouTube links. While I understand that teachers needed to prepare for class, with or without COVID, shouldn't it be prepared AHEAD but not ON THE DAY when the school had already started? This happened a few times last year after long holidays.
3) At AIS, every Friday is called "Fun Friday". When my kid was in Grade 1 Jr, she said every Friday afternoon they were given cartoon videos to watch. I had no idea about the content and duration, but even if it was educational, I rather my kid was taught in a more well-planned classroom activity EVERY Friday.

Other parents seemed to have no problem with these examples. No one talked about it in the parents group. So I guess as long as kids are happy, the parents are fine too. There's no right or wrong here, just that the above are not acceptable for me.

---------

Regarding ECAs, with or without COVID, AIS did not communicate with lower elementary parents on when and what kind of ECAs would be made available for students. Ironically I can see from other IS website for the kinds of after school activities for their students, but I do not know AIS' situation even though I am a parent there. At the moment some IS are slowly resuming the after school activities for their students, AIS is too, just limited to Middle and High School. While I can understand that this is probably due to COVID limitation, but choices are out there.

---------

Furthermore, my girl told me this year the playground language was a mixed of Cantonese and English. This linked to the point (2) in my previous post.

---------

I prefer my kid to study in a more well-planned school with after school activities offered (so that I don't have to plan for logistics and she can mingle with schoolmates as well). These were MY expectation but AIS failed to meet. Some may not see it as a problem at all, so it's the right school for them and they stay. I quit.

29#
發表於 21-11-1 07:01 |只看該作者
Hi all, my kid got the offer of EC1 in coming year.  Would parents of EC1 interested in forming a wtsapp group for easy communication?

30#
發表於 21-11-1 11:19 |只看該作者
番薯媽 發表於 21-11-1 07:01
Hi all, my kid got the offer of EC1 in coming year.  Would parents of EC1 interested in forming a wt ...

你會唔會比deposit?

31#
發表於 21-11-1 13:49 |只看該作者
Falcon媽媽 發表於 21-11-1 11:19
你會唔會比deposit?

已比

32#
發表於 21-11-1 15:34 |只看該作者
番薯媽 發表於 21-11-1 13:49
已比

但我見你2019年已經問AIS資料?近排又問FIS?

33#
發表於 21-11-1 18:50 |只看該作者
Falcon媽媽 發表於 21-11-1 15:34
但我見你2019年已經問AIS資料?近排又問FIS?

我無問FIS 喎?2019係大仔,今年係細仔,有問題?

34#
發表於 21-11-1 18:53 |只看該作者
番薯媽 發表於 21-11-1 18:50

我見你有問FIS 校巴咋。 你大仔讀梗,開唔開心?

35#
發表於 21-11-1 18:54 |只看該作者
Falcon媽媽 發表於 21-11-1 18:53

FIS 最終都無offer。AIS 大仔讀得好開心,日日都enjoy 返學。

36#
發表於 21-11-1 19:52 |只看該作者
番薯媽 發表於 21-11-1 18:50

37#
發表於 21-11-1 20:05 |只看該作者
回覆 junyina 的帖子

我都認同學校係太少ECAs提供給小小朋友,可能場地有限掛。之前我都問過校長幾次,佢話因為Covid-19,我都冇嘢好講。另外YouTube,我覺得好難避免,其實其他學校都會有俾佢哋睇。相信好難有一間學校係滿分,不過至少都要揾一間最適合細路仔的。

38#
發表於 21-11-1 20:38 |只看該作者
junyina 發表於 21-10-30 03:28
回覆 sallym 的帖子

"The initial expectation of the parents translates to satisfaction level."   - s ...

好多謝呢位家長分享作其他家長參考。每間學校都有不足有優點,有鍾意既家長同唔鍾意既家長,每位家長情況、要求、期望都會有啲唔同,最緊要係自己試完既感受。

我同認識既同學家長對學校整體都滿意。

39#
發表於 21-11-2 18:01 |只看該作者
回覆 番薯媽 的帖子

我都有2022/23 EC1 AM offer a, 想問係咪有whatapp group 可以join? 如有, 可以pm嗎?

40#
發表於 21-11-2 18:02 |只看該作者
manmankiss 發表於 21-11-2 18:01
回覆 番薯媽 的帖子

我都有2022/23 EC1 AM offer a, 想問係咪有whatapp group 可以join? 如有, 可以pm ...

我同你一樣offer, 暫時未見有group,不如自己組一個?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題