搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 VSA 同Kellett ,大家會點選擇?
樓主: lamkc
go

[小學] VSA 同Kellett ,大家會點選擇?

發表於 23-2-2 12:07 |顯示全部帖子
bettyc123 發表於 23-2-2 11:02
回覆 lamkc 的帖子

你小朋友而家讀緊邊間幼稚園?係咪veo or cwb or vic? If you’re already at Victoria ...

I also noticed that a lot of the international schools charge so much tuition. It's almost becoming criminal!

At least VSA, their tuition is a bit more on the moderate side vs. Kellett/CDNIS, etc.   It's much more acceptable in my opinion.

發表於 23-2-2 20:35 |顯示全部帖子
7jai 發表於 23-2-2 12:07
I also noticed that a lot of the international schools charge so much tuition. It's almost becoming ...

不過可能學費貴嘅學校,設施、上課嘅配套等好會d?

發表於 23-2-3 08:42 |顯示全部帖子
chunting34 發表於 23-2-2 20:35
不過可能學費貴嘅學校,設施、上課嘅配套等好會d?

vsa校舍比cdnis細,我覺得設施足夠,亦有泳池,又不用比 capital levy, 公開試成績也唔錯呀,都係嗰句,要國際課程又要求中文水平,vsa係一個選擇

發表於 23-2-3 16:58 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 chunting34 的帖子

我小朋友讀比較經濟實惠的IS,朋友圈有其他IS的家長。我見到其中一個顯著分別係learning support,學費高昂的學校資源充足很多。呢樣野係你冇需要就唔會察覺,但往往一D mild special needs在小朋友細個時未浮面。

發表於 23-2-6 09:20 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 7jai 於 23-2-6 09:21 編輯
dem0cracy posted on 23-2-3 16:58 in
reply to chunting34's post.

My kid reads more affordable IS, and there are other IS parents in Moments. I see one of the striking distinctions is le...

What type of support are you seeing in expensive IS, that VSA does not have offer?  I am just curious.  If the child has special needs, I would assume that the parents (before enrollment) would check the school that is suitable for their child and evaluate their options?  Sometimes the most expensive school doesn't necessary mean the perfect environment for the children (esp one with special needs).
From my understanding, they are very similar in nature in terms of resources and support.  Perhaps the swimming pool is "more luxurious" in Kellett or other more expensive IS, but I guess that is based on each families priorities in life and what you want to expose children to at a very young age.

If you are referring to "emotional support" or "life guidance", all schools have that, but most importantly, I think that's what us parents are for?  To help guide our children into doing the right thing and stay on the right track.  Unless of course parents feel they can just toss their children at an expensive school and hope the school manages their whole life (i.e. boarding school) lol

發表於 23-2-6 10:51 |顯示全部帖子
7jai 發表於 23-2-6 09:20
What type of support are you seeing in expensive IS, that VSA does not have offer?  I am just curio ...
I don't know how you got the idea that I advocate for "tossing one's kid into an expensive school" and not be take responsibility for guiding one's child.  You're right that most IS have some form of learning support.  What I'm saying is that in some other IS that I know of (which happen to charge more - sorry I would rather not name), the bar for receiving learning support is much lower, and the teaching team would rather err on the side of caution - to the point that they may even offend some parents who never noticed any special needs in their kid.  The smaller class sizes also make it easier for teachers to notice learning differences.  For someone's child who has very mild needs that generally fall out of the radar screen, the integrated support a child receives at school can change their whole learning experience in the long term, although they can probably still pass without such support.

My comment wasn't specifically directed towards VSA. I've already stressed in the previous post that it's my observation between my child's "budget IS" and some other schools. My child's IS has (in my opinion) an amazing campus, caring teacher and staff, and top-notch teaching quality...so the level of learning support strikes me as the biggest difference between it and the more pricy schools.