搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CIS Defer (汉基)
發新帖
查看: 4284|回覆: 5
go

[其他] CIS Defer (汉基) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 20-11-16 08:53 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Does anyone know if It’s possible to defer CIS reception interview ( or offer) to a later school year please?If we give up interview now, does it mean we can only re-apply if one day we consider to transfer our child to CIS?
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 20-11-16 12:16 |只看該作者
Acrobatlulu 發表於 20-11-16 08:53
Does anyone know if It’s possible to defer CIS reception interview ( or offer) to a later school ye ...
Any special reason for the deferral? Coz not all applicants are invited to the assessment. The school might just ask you to apply for the year you wish to enter. Unlike schools that accept applications from birth, there's no priority applying to CIS early. But as you might already know, the mass intake year is Reception, if you are thinking entering in Y1, you will have to wait for vacancies from existing students leaving. Why not just take part in the assessment and see if an offer is granted first.     

3#
發表於 20-11-16 13:23 |只看該作者
Acrobatlulu 發表於 20-11-16 08:53
Does anyone know if It’s possible to defer CIS reception interview ( or offer) to a later school ye ...

Unlike GSIS, I don't think CIS application can be deferred to later years; a later date with doctor's notice is acceptable.

On deferred offer, it will be difficult in practice as school won't know when one seat can be available in later years or your kid's level at that stage.  

4#
發表於 20-11-16 15:45 |只看該作者
回覆 gavroche915 的帖子

Thanks for your reply.I ended up calling the school to ask. Indeed as you said, we can choose to defer to later year but then it’s not guaranteed for an assessment until there’s an opening.
My kid is very happy at his current school so we might just defer CIS.

5#
發表於 20-11-16 16:59 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 莫失莫忘 於 20-11-16 17:00 編輯

I heard one case that the parent did defer his interview for a year and end up still got an offer (dad is an alumnus) AND they finally declined the offer and let the kid stay in the old school

6#
發表於 20-11-16 20:08 |只看該作者
Acrobatlulu 發表於 20-11-16 15:45
回覆 gavroche915 的帖子

Thanks for your reply.I ended up calling the school to ask. Indeed as you s ...
If you really wish to switch, it.might be better to do it now than later. The bigger they get, the more difficult it is to adapt to a new environment. There must be some reason you applied for the school in the first place. If you are definitely going to switch at least some point in the future, it really is better to do it earlier and Reception should be the best time.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題