搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 其實IB 狀元榜對選擇學校真的那麼重要嗎? ...
樓主: gavroche915
go

[其他] 其實IB 狀元榜對選擇學校真的那麼重要嗎? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 20-8-4 11:27 |只看該作者
deco99 發表於 20-8-3 19:14
前幾日ek有家長complain SC補習風氣重,學校似LS,但IB成績好。有哋家長真係好矛盾,讀咗IS仲係LS作風,成 ...
無錯...真係好驚嚇...如果洗 d 錢每科都補習就變狀元....咁將來 d 狀元應該多到變左入讀大學 minimum requirement

22#
發表於 20-8-16 13:14 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Angelhp 於 20-8-16 13:16 編輯

I agree but in some ways, scores chasing and benchmarking base on just a pure number means a lot to some group of people instead of having a wholistic understanding of the IB score.   
There are local HKG kids who may choose Chin B (SL) and they will easily get a 7 and for those who choses Chin A (HL) who gets a 5, it is already a completely different story.  

I use to know a friend's son who got 43 in IB but cannot get in Oxford because he could not fulfil the conditional offer of 7/7/6 in 3 designated (HL) subjects.  I think ultimately, getting in the university and subject that one wants to pursue is much more important than getting the overall score.  However, it is our human ego who loves to compare perhaps base on number, well is it right, is it wrong?  

I think IB is not for everyone and it is not suitable for some students who have a passion in arts and theatre and dancing (though these subjects are not very popular in mainstream HKG families anyway).  Instead of spending time in doing EE and TOK, perhaps it is more realistic to dedicate the time on the curriculum that suits the child on pursuing its dream.  

Sorry ... a bit off track, just some feelings and thoughts about this ....

‹ 上一主題|下一主題