用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Apply to Eton, Harrow, and other “Super-selective b ...
發新帖
查看: 3419|回覆: 4
go

[英國] Apply to Eton, Harrow, and other “Super-selective boarding schools” [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 20-1-17 13:44 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
香港人稱貴族學校,英國人稱Super-selective schools.

通常只收Y9, 即是13歲入學。極少機會可以在Y10, Y11 入學。

何時申請?通常是入學前3年,即9歲前。

何時考入學試?通常在Y6要考Pre-test,然後面試..。
   4    0    0    0

2#
發表於 20-2-18 23:15 |只看該作者
Hi, you will need to apply for Eton 3 years before Year 9, and Harrow 2 years before Y9. We are in the process of applying for Harrow, but have missed the deadline for Eton.
Harrow UK appoints Academic Asia as its exclusive agency for school admission from HK. You could find more details from Harrow UK's website. Good Luck.

Hope the information helps.

3#
發表於 20-2-21 04:44 |只看該作者
Academic Asia is the way to go. At our times we can apply directly to the school, going to UK for interviews with the house masters. Very inconvenient, but an interesting experience. Have friends' S graduated from Eton, nothing but praise. Mine is Harrovian, very rewarding school life. Not a tiniest feeling of 貴族、kids are kids no matter where they come from. The only time I can feel about this is on speech day, instead of starting with "Dear parents and guests", the headmaster added "Your Royal Highness...".
Apart from strong academic ability, good at music is a strong consideration, rarely you could join at grade 10, I knew 2, both because of music. Aristo Sham was one, ending in Harvard.
Dorm is old, but Harrow is superior to most in that starting from year 10 you got single room, my S found this extremely important. Bullying was virtually nonexistent, especially kids from HK, tend to be the better students, well respected.
Oxybridge nowadays explicitly admit less from private schools, so if Oxybridge is your aim then take this into account, but she has more and more students going to US/Ivy League, school support for this is good.
HKU/CU offers are generous, as those students in general have good background, exposure, strong academic and ECA.
Good luck to your application, should be a very good experience.

4#
發表於 20-2-22 20:38 |只看該作者
yellowgreen 發表於 20-2-21 04:44
Academic Asia is the way to go. At our times we can apply directly to the school, going to UK for in ...

Thanks for sharing!

5#
發表於 20-3-7 08:27 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 4eyesDad 於 20-3-8 08:08 編輯
Lululeiya 發表於 20-2-18 23:15
Hi, you will need to apply for Eton 3 years before Year 9, and Harrow 2 years before Y9. We are in t ...

It should be mentioned that, on 6 March 2020, several major British newspapers published the name of an Eton master who faces seven charges of sexual assault against three (boys) pupils.

The accused is a male married teacher who has taught at Eton for many years until his recent dismissal. It is too early to tell the full extent of damage this kind of public school sex scandal may impact on a major school like Eton.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題