教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Esf Tsing Yi K1
樓主: fatlamlam88
go

Esf Tsing Yi K1  

發表於 20-1-16 00:13 |顯示全部帖子
mamasiumo 發表於 20-1-16 00:07
We attend first play visit in jan.

We have NR.

That explains it!  Without NR, I dun think Esf will spend time interviewing once more.  

Cox I think u paid $50k for the interview, they kind of owe you a reasonable assessment.  Maybe their teachers were too hea and didn’t assess enough.  

If the second interview is good, ur kid should be able to get an offer.  If they didn’t reserve a possible spot for you, why waste ur time.  I just think in a logical way.  

U may call the admission staff for details.

Good luck to you and your kid!

發表於 20-1-16 08:16 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 細佬Bebe 的帖子

I am thinking the random number matters. As we both have foreign passport but we are arranged in the morning session, so far most morning sessions got offer. PM sessions most are on waitlist. Some post said that the time of the play visit already tells the sequence of the random number. That may explain why the teacher was rather active in assessing us in the morning, I did not see them “hea”. When knew most of the places should already be occupied to the morning session kids, they may perform more relax in the assessment of the afternoon sessions. Just a wild guess.
There are still chances, as there are still good local thru train kindergarten not yet announce their offer. There may be some parents having second thought to go for a local thru train one instead, esp considering the Chinese and Mathematics level of IS.

發表於 20-1-16 10:30 |顯示全部帖子
細佬Bebe 發表於 20-1-16 00:00
本帖最後由 細佬Bebe 於 20-1-16 00:02 編輯

My kid’s interview was on Monday afternoon. My kid is a  ...

Do you need to fill in the rely slip (agree to remain in the waiting list)?

I filled in the slip and they replied me as"Thank you for returning the reply slip. We shall contact you immediately when a place becomes available."

發表於 20-1-16 11:14 |顯示全部帖子
fatlamlam88 發表於 20-1-16 10:30
Do you need to fill in the rely slip (agree to remain in the waiting list)?

I filled in the slip a ...

本帖最後由 細佬Bebe 於 20-1-16 11:18 編輯

要但我無回覆 因為我有我認為更合適既IS offers 一早無唸住揀esf
It doesn’t hurt to go to the play visit though.  get to have a glimpse of esf facilities and teacher quality.  

發表於 20-1-16 11:16 |顯示全部帖子
aacheng 發表於 20-1-16 08:16
回覆 細佬Bebe 的帖子

I am thinking the random number matters. As we both have foreign passport but  ...

本帖最後由 細佬Bebe 於 20-1-16 11:24 編輯

Yes I think so.
The sequence of the interviews should already have taken into account of the random number.

Yup.  Many ppl treat ESF or other IS offer as an insurance only.  They prefer LS (esp dragon school offers).  I am very determined to go for IS only, though.  Luckily my son secured a few IS offers.   The competition for ESF is really fierce.  If only target it and didn’t buy the NR, can’t imagine the stress.  

Congratulations on your kid’s offer!

發表於 20-1-16 11:46 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 aacheng 的帖子

我囡囡果時in 12點幾, 但都有am offer我估時間應該唔關事~

發表於 20-1-16 17:07 |顯示全部帖子
Ching0404 發表於 20-1-16 11:46
回覆 aacheng 的帖子

我囡囡果時in 12點幾, 但都有am offer我估時間應該唔關事~

你係講緊2020年1月13日既12pm?
Or years / days before?

發表於 20-1-16 19:12 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 aacheng 於 20-1-16 19:14 編輯

回覆 細佬Bebe 的帖子

Yup you are right, previous years’ is totally different, less competition.Some friends told me that some children did not speak English still got accepted in previous years without any priority.

發表於 20-1-16 19:19 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 細佬Bebe 的帖子

Appreciate your determination! Would you mind to share how you consider the Chinese language and Maths learning in IS? Will you take tutorials for Chinese and Mathematics?

發表於 20-1-16 19:50 |顯示全部帖子
aacheng 發表於 20-1-16 19:19
回覆 細佬Bebe 的帖子

Appreciate your determination! Would you mind to share how you consider the Ch ...

I just do not think the more difficult the curriculum is, the smarter the kids become / the more they are really mastering.

Why do the kids need to achieve the highest level of Chinese and Mathematics?  

If one is gifted and interested in Maths, one can study Maths in undergraduates and postgraduates.  

Same applies to Chinese, though Chinese serves an additional role, ie communication in real world.  That is why I chose a bilingual school for my kid (I acknowledge that IS students will like English more.  I personally liked English more since I was in secondary school.)

If just taking Chinese and Maths as subjects, knowing the practical would be enough.  

Just my two cents, probably naive.  I am only a mom of one young kid.  Not much experience.

I think it’s parents who are feeling insecure these days to need their kids to learn as difficult as possible.

發表於 20-1-16 20:36 |顯示全部帖子
aacheng 發表於 20-1-16 19:12
回覆 細佬Bebe 的帖子

Yup you are right, previous years’ is totally different, less competition.Som ...

This year's competition is especially huge because it's ESF's first year of being through-train. Last year my child had an ESF K1 offer without speaking much English at the interview. I guess it really is totally different this year...

發表於 20-1-17 00:36 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 細佬Bebe 的帖子

So your kid got 漢基 offer? Your rationale is very good. It’s true everyone of us is chasing after academic excellence. I am still a bit worried sending son to IS, as I am only a local mom brought up in local system. I knew nothing about IS. Hope I have made a right choice for my younger son as my elder son has been suffered from local system since p1 and now even worse when having the p5 呈分試。

發表於 20-1-17 23:27 |顯示全部帖子
Are there any parents with foreign passports who don’t get a chance for play visit?

發表於 20-1-18 09:30 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 bettytzmaru 的帖子

I did hear some cases in other campus. Therefore, passport is not actually a priority. Or I can say, if many of the applicants are passport holders, they will still go through the random number system, there are still chances of being not selected for a play visit.

發表於 20-1-18 16:34 |顯示全部帖子
aacheng 發表於 20-1-17 00:36
回覆 細佬Bebe 的帖子

So your kid got 漢基 offer? Your rationale is very good. It’s true everyone o ...

本帖最後由 細佬Bebe 於 20-1-18 18:38 編輯

Haha.....
There are lots of good IS along with ESF (many campuses, well-established and well-known) and CIS (famous for its Chinese and strong in academic, may also be all-round.I am not familiar with it).

I chose a close and bilingual,not too expensive one to start with.

Until I find that my son is academically strong AND he is interested in striving for academic excellence, I prefer not to consider the top school in town.My secondary school (local school) teacher shared his painful lesson of sending his son to top school and advised me not to.He said “there is no better way to ruin your kid than sending him to a top school without considering his interest and ability.”While his son is in his early 30s, he is a 宅男 and had huge difficulty of regain confidence.His smart elder sister went to ust or Hku global business after studying in spcc.She has a high-flying career overseas.His experience (I acknowledged it’s a small sample) suggests that the success rate of 谷 actually is only 50%.I also see that many families’ success rate of 唔谷 is 50%.

Sometimes I also suspect that I may not be aggressive enough in pursuing my son’s education, especially when seeing parents squeezing in the best / top schools.

I am pretty comfortable at this moment (u know he is pre k1), though.I may become more tiger in times.

If he is strong and interested in academics, I would be more than happy to let him get in an elite IS.At his age now, I would prefer a school which is not too academically-famous becox I believe such environment should be more suitable for all-round development.I acknowledge I may be too naive, again.=P

Referring to your point that “I am a local mom raised up in local schools.”I am the same.But someone has to make a change (Obama advocated that for US) and take some risk.There is no higher risk than trying to avoid uncertainty i.e. risk.

Excuse me for being a die-hard fan of IS, even tho I have little experience about it yet.U can read my previous posts (my questions and my doubts).Many experienced parents on EK gave me lots of insights.I am convinced.After less than half a year’ time, I would say I would no longer consider LS.

發表於 20-1-20 22:13 |顯示全部帖子
I get an offer for PM class too :)I am a Canadian and the teachers didnt speak to us much that day

Just out of curiosity is there any Canadian parents here? We are from Vancouver and we basically speak English with our daughter at home

發表於 20-1-20 22:23 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 mushroom_girl 的帖子

Same here, Canadian from Vancouver. We are offered pm class too.

發表於 20-1-21 06:50 |顯示全部帖子
mushroom_girl 發表於 20-1-20 22:13
I get an offer for PM class too :)I am a Canadian and the teachers didnt speak to us much that day

same here! Canadian from Vancouver =)

發表於 20-1-21 07:42 |顯示全部帖子
Wow so many !! So happy ;)

發表於 20-1-21 19:58 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 該帖被管理員或版主屏蔽