密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Fresh Dad with a 10 month old son
發新帖
查看: 1300|回覆: 7
go

Fresh Dad with a 10 month old son

發表於 19-10-10 18:10 |顯示全部帖子
Hi everyone, I'm a fresh dad and also fresh on this site.
My son was born in late Dec 2018 and I guess I have to start looking for playgroup now. I know some might have already started to get in the queue for kindergarten already.

Please flood me with your thoughts or we can share info here?

發表於 19-10-11 09:54 |顯示全部帖子
Are you expecting to send ur kid to pre-nursery (PN) class for next academic year (2020-2021)? If yes, you have to look into applications for PN as well. The application period is like...right now....for many nurseries.

發表於 19-10-14 12:51 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 boojiji 的帖子

Thanks Boojiji.
Wow, right now as in right now?

Does PN overlap with Playgroup? So kindergarten prefers child went to PN?

發表於 19-10-14 14:14 |顯示全部帖子
late dec 2018 ---> either as small B, or as super big B

if small B, right now means right now.

in fact some pre-nurseries have closed their application already by now.

PN and playgroup are separate things, you can still attend playgroup with your kid over the weekend when he/she attends PN. It's just that common belief is that one would think attending playgroup would help with PN interview --> so some parents will stop attending playgroup once they got PN offer, which i don't agree

but again it's personal preference.

發表於 19-10-14 16:36 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 boojiji 的帖子

Wow, Hong Kong is real competitive....

I guess there is no rush to push a small B to go to the school that early, which is not good for their development.

Would you say attending PN would help to get into the desired Kindergarten? (Although I don't have anything in mind yet)

And from your experience, is PN really necessary?

Thanks Boojiji again.

發表於 19-10-14 17:59 |顯示全部帖子

回覆樓主:

本帖最後由 Poyau 於 19-10-14 17:59 編輯

Attending PN class of the desired kindergarten would definitely help to secure a K1 place of the same kindergarten.

發表於 19-10-27 06:13 |顯示全部帖子
Hello Nakedi......
I started with playgroup as I’m not targeting kindergartens with PN in my district. Playgroup schedules are up to you and your son , ususally once a week when he is 1, then you slowly visit more , like or thrice a week.
It’s important to know which district and kindergartens you’re targeting. Some need to attend PN if your desired school has PN , it secures your son’s place more firmly for the school’s K1.
Good luck new papa

發表於 19-10-28 16:51 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 千源爸爸 的帖子

Oh shiiiiii****Ok, so kindergartens that have a PN can make double money

And thank you for advising on the location as well, which my wife is having a different thought as mine.

I think its better to attend nearby my home, at Taipo, and my parents also live nearby.
But her thought is to attend nearby her parents, at HKI, where we both work at and her point is we can both sneak out of work if anything happened or any event that needed to be there.

Any suggestions on PN/Kindergartens?
May I know which area did you choose?

Best,
N.