密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 3039|回覆: 3
go

HKIS

發表於 19-7-7 18:17 |顯示全部帖子
Re: considering Lower primary school

1)HKIS has not received much discussion in this forum. I wonder why?

2)HKIS has 10 classes per grade. Guess pupils will not know all other classmates, like in other schools where there are only 3-4 classes in one grade. I wonder how the
corrections between the pupils are?

3)Heard that primary school is not very academic but the environment is very nurturing. I wonder whether the pupils take outside tuition often?

Any sharing is welcome.
Are there any existing parents can share?

發表於 19-7-31 12:44 |顯示全部帖子
HKIS students mix is very international and I believe not many local hk families and thus less exposure in EK.A very nurturing environment from school admin to teachers. Policies are made with children’s first priority. Academic less rigorous as other schools as it believes academic alone is not the whole for kid at this age.
10 classes per grade, max 20 students per class, but students shuffle every year so literally they know each other well. Mandatory bus policy also help them get along with each other.
Hope it helps

發表於 19-8-2 09:13 |顯示全部帖子
fatcni 發表於 19-7-31 12:44
HKIS students mix is very international and I believe not many local hk families and thus less expos ...

fatcni, thank you so much for your reply.  Really appreciate it.
Then how about outside tuition? Is it common among primary years?   
As the locals are minority students in the school, do they mix well with other s?

發表於 19-8-4 14:43 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 mondaysunday 的帖子

We do lots of sports and fun games.  When it’s getting to high school and be ready for public exams, taking classes seem common.

Children grow up in an international cultured setting, they respect and play with each other in general.