搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 admission to ESF year 4/5
發新帖
查看: 2499|回覆: 6
go

admission to ESF year 4/5 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 18-10-14 18:28 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
We have applied ESF in 2017 for Year 2 and been in waiting list. We know that there is a long queue in the list. Our area is in the catchment area of Kln Junior school. We are planning to transfer my kid to Year 4 next year or Year 5 later years. My kid's father is a British. Any suggestion to make the process faster please (apart from buying that expensive debenture)? It seems the waiting time is UNKNOWN! Many thx!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 18-10-14 19:14 |只看該作者
belfran 發表於 18-10-14 18:28
We have applied ESF in 2017 for Year 2 and been in waiting list. We know that there is a long queue  ...

move to hk island, for the catchment in peak. maybe u call the admission office to ask which catchment in ur particular year is the shortest. however, if u have been on wait list in kjs for 1 year, do u have to be at the end of the quene again?

3#
發表於 18-10-14 19:17 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

Easy.

You can ask your kid’s father to join ESF as a teacher. The children of the ESF teachers (not teaching assistants) get the highest priority.

I assume that your kid has a foreign passport. However, the majority of the students in ESF and on the waiting list as well also have foreign passports.

How about siblings? In some cases the siblings get in ESF first to give the child priority. I know a family where the elder sister gets in ESF for upper secondary (easy to get in as there are plenty of vacancies) for 1 year to give the younger brother (primary)  priority, then the older sister goes off to boarding school overseas.

Otherwise, I can’t see why your kid should have priority over others, if you are not willing to buy the debenture.

4#
發表於 18-10-15 10:08 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

I think the only option other than buying NR is to move to another catchment area.  
There’s also from time to time people with higher priority cutting in (eg a younger or older sibling got admitted/newly hired staff).
As far as I know, people in the top 1-3 position in the waiting list also need to wait for upto a year.  
[img align=left]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogard20070117_7_BBD+is.png[/img]

5#
發表於 18-10-19 11:57 |只看該作者
don't ever dream for kowloon junior, the waiting list is super long for each year, unless you have priority such as purchasing a nomination right that will jump you ahead of the queue, within first 10.

like others said, easier to get into schools in the HK side.

6#
發表於 18-10-19 16:57 |只看該作者
leungsiukin 發表於 18-10-19 11:57
don't ever dream for kowloon junior, the waiting list is super long for each year, unless you have p ...

Impossible for KJS. My friend waited from year 2 for 4 years still no news from them.

7#
發表於 18-10-19 18:02 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

Kjs is popular, got a new campus and will promote to KGV.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題