密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Grade 8 那個學校會有位
樓主: mizuho
go

Grade 8 那個學校會有位

發表於 18-7-11 23:58 |顯示全部帖子
lui 發表於 18-7-11 21:59
I just pinpoint the difference between the 3 campus. I agree the commute time of course is a concer ...
Of cox we did visited. In fact we let the kids to decide. The old IS campus although old but it’s landscape and design was just pretty. The current one is temporary so the schoool just spend enough to try to provide sufficient facilities. A taxi and a Ferrari both are red and have 4 wheels, may be they are the same in some people’s eyes, but it’s not our taste only. Anyway I am just sharing the reasons we chose not to accept the offer, there is no right or wrong.

發表於 18-7-12 00:48 |顯示全部帖子
markBB 發表於 18-7-11 21:49
I certainly did. Now the current one is split into 2 campuses and there rbless interaction between d ...

It is pity to decline the offer. Hope your and your friend’s kids can subsequently find a good school because the fact that many good ISs in HK Island. You can still however apply to transfer to South Island or West Island with your HK Island catchment, if daily commuting does matter to the kid. Please understand ESF is one of best IS in Hong Kong. All ESF Secondary provide same curriculum even though moving to decant school. Its facilities at decant are almost the same with the exception that no swimming pool as well as your saying of Borrett Rd School design better. The school always arrange activity bus to bring students to swimming pool in Sheung Wan Sports Complex and South Island. It does not seem a huge problem at all (to the majority of ESF parents).

發表於 18-7-12 00:55 |顯示全部帖子
markBB 發表於 18-7-11 21:49
I certainly did. Now the current one is split into 2 campuses and there rbless interaction between d ...

Island School always kept post about redevelopment and decant location at Shatin. All parents were told about the 4-year temporary relocation. The old Principal and new Principal told all new parents and potential students about the move. If you and your friend knew about the news, why still applied Island School and let the kids do the entrance assessment?

發表於 18-7-12 01:20 |顯示全部帖子
Activehealth 發表於 18-7-11 17:54
Come on, 呢班 Island School Year 13 依家IB 放榜,舊年2017年12月正搬去沙田,佢地番咗兩三個月到都放st ...

Year 7 有三份之二都是ESF Primary and Glenealy (Mid levels) 升Island School. Year 7 及其它junior grade 真的有插班生,他們部分都是傳統名校(X拔DXS) 或外國回流學生考入Island School,沒有聽到他們成績及英語有你所講的問題......反而聽到他們成績好好。但是可能有個別學生補英文,這是代表Island School 老師和家長覺得有這須要,是好事。ESF 老師經常monitor 學生成績及負責學生individual needs。校長取錄英文不達標準的學生,都是第一次聽。但我們常常聽到ESF 學校不會取錄英文不達標準的學生,Year 7 entrance test 絕對不容易

發表於 18-7-12 10:46 |顯示全部帖子
Kingsvillekids 發表於 18-7-12 01:20
Year 7 有三份之二都是ESF Primary and Glenealy (Mid levels) 升Island School. Year 7 及其它junior gr ...

本帖最後由 lui 於 18-7-12 10:47 編輯

其實我女女也是當年插班的,佢地插班的同學都是傳統名校,那些同學的英文都不差的。當然,今年轉了去沙田,又可走了一些學生,不過最動盪應該是上學年,應該不是今年。我不相信有家長要求中文newsletter .

發表於 18-7-12 11:56 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 markBB 於 18-7-12 12:14 編輯
Kingsvillekids 發表於 18-7-12 00:55
Island School always kept post about redevelopment and decant location at Shatin. All parents were  ...

We paid for the NR and we put South IS (which we live just next door) as the top pick. But unfortunately only IS has vacancy and that was the time we started to do research about this school. We know IS is good school but at the same time we also believe the environment and the travel time plays a key role on the kids development.
We applied other international schools as well but their admission results was released later that IS, so we still needed to go through the interview/test processes to secure a place.