搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Rightmind Kindergarten
發新帖
查看: 2466|回覆: 5
go

Rightmind Kindergarten [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 18-1-23 19:12 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi, may I ask if we target International school, e.g., ESF, HKIS, SIS, CDNIS, is Rightmind an ok kindergarten? My girl got PN offer, we worry a bit on the English level as we do not speak English that much at home.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 18-1-25 21:47 |只看該作者
hkfung0420 發表於 18-1-23 19:12
Hi, may I ask if we target International school, e.g., ESF, HKIS, SIS, CDNIS, is Rightmind an ok kin ...

My son went to rightmind for PN and K1. Since they use an English and putonghua immersion program, I see that my son and his classmates could quickly adapt and could interact with the teachers in those two languages just after 2-3 months upon school started. After PN and K1, many kids left for international schools so I have no doubt on their English ability at all. I would say 10% of the kids came from a foreign background so basically English is the common language that the kids use to communicate with one another as well...except with the "helpers" in the washroom =p

Hope it helps!

3#
發表於 18-1-26 11:31 |只看該作者
chikinleung 發表於 18-1-25 21:47
My son went to rightmind for PN and K1. Since they use an English and putonghua immersion program,  ...

Thanks a lot! That’s helpful! Compared with Victoria, is Rightmind a better choice if targeting international schools?

4#
發表於 18-1-26 21:12 |只看該作者
hkfung0420 發表於 18-1-26 11:31
Thanks a lot! That’s helpful! Compared with Victoria, is Rightmind a better choice if targeting in ...

I think both are good and just they use different method/approach. Rightmind uses tools to stimulate the right brain and I do admit they introduce tough Chinese words to kids. Again, kids learn without stress in PN and K1. They don't expect them to know all words but more like an introduction to the characters. Surprisingly, my son could recognise many Chinese words. I didn't do any practice with him at home at all =p
If you're planning for international school, I suppose you would apply for the age3 entry. That means you'll just be staying in either RM or Victoria for 1 year. If so, honestly, I think both schools will serve the purpose.

5#
發表於 18-1-26 21:12 |只看該作者
hkfung0420 發表於 18-1-26 11:31
Thanks a lot! That’s helpful! Compared with Victoria, is Rightmind a better choice if targeting in ...

Just one difference that I can think of is Victoria does use Cantonese as part of their medium, whereas RM solely uses English and Putonghua. I did hear from some mothers saying their kids didn't speak English at all after starting PN in victoria but that may be just some single incidents.

6#
發表於 18-1-27 09:31 |只看該作者
chikinleung 發表於 18-1-26 21:12
Just one difference that I can think of is Victoria does use Cantonese as part of their medium, whe ...

Thanks a lot! :)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題