搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 NAIS值得讀嗎?
樓主: jnt4ever
go

NAIS值得讀嗎? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 18-1-14 10:19 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

I feel odd when I see the replies here. NAIS’s ultimate parent company is a listed company and bringing biggest return to shareholder is one of is its mission if I am not wrong.
The parents are indeed very rich and quite some of the expatriates enjoy subsidies in their company packages. This matches with what I know.
The most surprising is it’s Chinese curriculum. It is the first time I have seen people commenting on its high Chinese standard.
May I know How many chi lessons per week? I went there before and I rarely saw any student’s work in chi. It looks very attractive to transfer kids from ESF there. Haha good to know more information!

22#
發表於 18-1-14 12:18 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

I think the OP didnt say NAIS has a very high standard of Chinese. But comparing with the offers that she has ie. GSIS & Kellet, NAIS has the highest standard without doubt. They have daily Chinese class for 45mins/lesson. They stream kids in 5 levels. If your kid is in the native stream where most of mainland Chinese kids in, their standard are quite high.

23#
發表於 18-1-14 13:58 |只看該作者
nicolelaiyy 發表於 18-1-14 12:18
I think the OP didnt say NAIS has a very high standard of Chinese. But comparing with the offers tha ...

It is so good. I guess a lot of ESF kids should move to the school, but not vice versa.

24#
發表於 18-1-14 18:21 |只看該作者
thomastaxi 發表於 18-1-14 13:58
It is so good. I guess a lot of ESF kids should move to the school, but not vice versa.

Thanks nicolelaiyy.  Indeed my comments about higher Chinese standard is a relative term.  I guess parents of IS kids are pragmatic about the Chinese education the schools can offer. Nobody will dare to say that an international school's Chinese curriculum is at par as a LS.

As I stressed before, I am choosing a school that I think is more suitable to my kid.  All I can say that I have no regret I made the choice to switch from ESF to NAIS.  I know there are tonnes of parents wanting to get a place at ESF for whatever reasons but that's their choice.  I think it's not up to us to judge whether they should move from one school to another.  

點評

brrbaby2007    發表於 18-2-13 11:17

25#
發表於 18-1-23 14:18 |只看該作者
We got the offer but it is Tai Tam campus - very far from us .. Just wonder can we reject Tai Tam offer but wait for Lam Tin / Sai Kung campus... a difficult decision to be made ....   

26#
發表於 18-1-23 14:59 |只看該作者
回覆 ckml 的帖子

Call the Admissions and ask if you can be put on the waiting list for Lam Tin / Sai Kung? They probably don't know if all current Sai Kung K2 will stay for Y1 next year yet but they need to reserve places for them.

27#
發表於 18-2-12 20:42 |只看該作者
When I went to the nursery play session in Sai Kung, I saw quite a number of westerner students in the campus. Look quite international to me.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題