搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St Cat vs Victoria K1
發新帖
查看: 8327|回覆: 12
go

St Cat vs Victoria K1

發表於 17-12-2 08:01 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 happygirl1284 於 17-12-2 08:03 編輯

目標是本地直資/私小,喜歡維記兩文三語的語境和鼓勵探索,校舍新d靚d。但SC學術同名氣是否更勝一籌呢?同埋邊間教學模式使小朋友更易適應小學生活呢?請指教!

發表於 17-12-4 08:03 |顯示全部帖子
happygirl1284 發表於 17-12-2 08:01
目標是本地直資/私小,喜歡維記兩文三語的語境和鼓勵探索,校舍新d靚d。但SC學術同名氣是否更勝一籌呢?同 ...

本帖最後由 peanutbuttercup 於 18-3-3 16:41 編輯

Deleted

發表於 17-12-4 10:26 |顯示全部帖子
peanutbuttercup 發表於 17-12-4 08:03
I got the same problem last yr. i chose to stay in vic at the end.
To me, i really like the lang e ...

本帖最後由 happygirl1284 於 17-12-4 11:44 編輯

Yes I prefer victoria's trilingual environment, the teaching approach (encourage kids to explore and find the answers themselves) and the campus itself. The only concern is training on Chinese may not be enough for going to local primary school.

發表於 17-12-4 11:43 |顯示全部帖子
I prefer Victoria to SC as well

Like many parents here have said before, there are no big problems for kids adapting to the primary school life there (you can see there are many graduates going to those DSS or private schools every year from their official website)

Some have said about their chinese writing and dictation or math issues but I really don't think these are big problems coz kids are super adaptive and once they got used to it, they are fine.

I would say developing their language and their inquisitive power are more important in their early childhood and academic achievements can be further consolidated later =)

if you are talking about handling interviews of those super competitive schools, then i think parent's involvement and also endless add-on classes play the most important part than the school itself...

發表於 17-12-4 12:15 |顯示全部帖子
halvard 發表於 17-12-4 11:43

Like many parents here have said before, there are no big problems  ...

Can't agree with you more. I also think it is far more important to train child's inquisitive power and problem solving ability than to focus on academic training.
But may I know is there anything with SC that you dislike so you make this conclusion?

發表於 17-12-4 13:06 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 happygirl1284 的帖子

I have been to their PN interview and the assessing teachers technically ‘changed their faces’ if kids were not responding well, and one actually pushed one of the kids to press for answers ( i saw it myself)
And their arrangement of asking parents to fill in a questionnaire while the kid was being interviewed in front of u is bizarre.. do u actually really think kids, some are barely one year old, can be so independent and outspoken that parents can sit back and relax?!?

And i heard of some issues from friends whose kids were graduates there and i personally disagree with those issues..

There are a lot of personal reasons that i prefer vic to sc.. so, thatz how i see about it :)

發表於 17-12-5 00:18 |顯示全部帖子
happygirl1284 發表於 17-12-4 10:26
本帖最後由 happygirl1284 於 17-12-4 11:44 編輯

Yes I prefer victoria's trilingual environment, t ...

I have to say that, to my surprise, vic chinese is not easy at all!
They start to recognise words in k1 but the words they are learning is not easy. They only teach one word per week, which to many, may deem insufficient. But the biweekly book report and the textbooks (and word cards) require students to know far more words than that. Parents need to follow up their sch work if you want to get the most from the sch.

發表於 17-12-5 00:19 |顯示全部帖子
halvard 發表於 17-12-4 11:43

Like many parents here have said before, there are no big problems  ...

Yes i think parents involvement is more crucial than the sch itself.

發表於 18-4-17 16:46 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter has studied in both and she likes Victoria more and so do I. You pay similar school fees (Vic more expensive) but you get really good service from Victoria whereas St Cat, I do find that they are taking more than they can chew. Their campus is not really big enough to take some many young children so some of their classrooms are really crammed.  Teachers do not respond to you when you raise any concerns at St Cat.  We were very disappointed with their service to be honest. Naturally you expect them to be a little bit more caring as they are taking a higher school fees than many other kindergartens but in fact they did not really care. If I were you, I would choose Victoria for sure.

發表於 18-4-17 16:54 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Guaichu 的帖子

glad that i am not the only one who feels the same as you do.
happy for you that you find a better school for you and your child!

發表於 18-7-9 06:14 |顯示全部帖子
Guaichu 發表於 18-4-17 16:46
My daughter has studied in both and she likes Victoria more and so do I. You pay similar school fees ...

which vic?

發表於 19-4-19 17:57 |顯示全部帖子
Victoria

發表於 19-5-23 22:01 |顯示全部帖子
英文同普通話語境應該維記較好,同埋比st cat 小班教學。