用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Personal Sharing of 2017-2018 PN Interview in York, ...
查看: 23612|回覆: 50
go

Personal Sharing of 2017-2018 PN Interview in York, St Hilary, SC, LH & Vic [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 17-6-9 11:43 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本帖最後由 halvard 於 17-8-30 09:36 編輯

Personal sharing of my PN 1st round interview experience in York, St Hilary, St Catherine, Learning Habitat and Victoria for 2017-2018.  

Hope they are useful for parents who are getting prepared for PN this year!

1) York

- They started with a warm-up session where over 100 children and parents stayed in their auditorium, singing some well known toddler songs and doing a magic rabbit show

- then you walked up to the classroom waiting to be called, meanwhile, you have to choose 3 tasks for your child to complete during the interview out of 6. your children will be playing some toys like cars, doing painting, stacking up toys, together with other kids while waiting

- after they called your child, three children, together with their parents, will enter one classroom where two teachers were inside. the interview worked like going through three stations one by one. one family will be waiting and playing toys in the waiting station, one teacher will be asking you about the personality of your child and what do you usually do with the child, and the last station will be a teacher asking you to perform the three tasks you picked, e.g. stacking up cups, matching shapes, pushing balls

- the interview lasted for about 15-20 mins

- after that, they will give you some souvenirs like balloon or toys in another classroom and you can leave

2) St Hilary (only interviewed parents)

- upon arrival, you will wait at a small classroom where you can read some books thereat with your child

- after they called your child's name, you will enter a classroom where three interviews were held together in the same classroom by three different teachers all at once

- the teacher asked why you picked the school, what were your expectations, how would you describe your child and the teacher will also share with you their syllabus and also allowed you to ask questions

- the teacher specifically mentioned they will not test the child because they thought the children were too small to speak or perform any tasks, so my child only played with cars and toys on the table

- the interviewed lasted for about 20 mins

3) St Catherine

- one parent and one child will enter a waiting area where there were roughly 6-7 tables with toys on them.  the staff will then group the arrived families in a table and children will start playing there while waiting

- after calling their names, roughly 6 pairs of parent and children will enter another classroom and there you all will form a big half circle.  each child had to sit on a chair while the parent will be sitting behind. there were two teachers inside, one was  taking notes and the other was hosting the interview.

- a teacher will instantly give you a questionnaire expecting you to complete before the interview ended while at the same time conducting the interview with your child.

- the teacher started with telling a story about a cloud flying the sky and did some singing and dancing. then she took turns approaching each child asking them to do tasks. 1) she would point at either an animal or an object inside the picture, ask your child to say what that was.   2) ask your child to pick up a fruit on the table and then place it inside a coloured bag, for instance, pick an apple and put it in a yellow bag

- after the interview, the teacher will collect the questionnaire and you can leave

- the interview lasted for about 10-15 mins

4) Learning Habitat

- upon arrival, children will play in a small playground waiting to be called

- after calling your child, roughly 6-8 pairs of parent and child entered one classroom and there were teachers interviewing each pair separately in cantonese

- the teacher introduced a puppet (siu ming) to the child saying hello and waiving hands, she then asked the child to pick up three items from the table for siu ming including, a towel, a pen, a toy.

- after picking up the pen, the teacher asked my child to draw a bit on a piece of paper

- after we finished we entered another classroom where there were two native english teachers inside.  one taking notes and the other hosting the interview together with the 6-8 pairs of parents and children

- children had to sit on their own chairs in a big half circle and parents sat right behind each of them.  the teacher started with some singing and dancing, then she introduced a task, asking the child to pick up a toy, and put it in the right basket e.g., pick up a pig and put it in the basket with a picture of a house

- after we finished, all of us the last classroom where the children will be playing toys and parents filling out questionnaires.  after completion of the questionnaires, the principal came in and children had to sit on their own chairs with parents right behind them.  the principal introduced herself and talked a bit, then she passed on gifts to children one by one, and children had to go out, fetch the gift, and return to their seats.  a teacher will be taking notes during this part.

- the interview lasted for almost an hour

5) Victoria

- upon arrival, children waited in the play area until they were called

- approximately 5-6 pairs of parents and children entered one classroom where there were three teachers speaking english (native), cantonese and mandarin respectively.  

- children started playing with whatever they liked inside, drawing on a big piece of paper, stacking up cubes, matching shapes, playing with the toy kichen set, etc, and the teachers would come up one by one talking to the parent and the child, asking the child whether he or she likes it, what is your language medium at home, what does your child like to do at home, etc

- after 15 mins, children will gather together and sit in a small half circle with parents right behind them.  then the three teachers started with singing and dancing together, and then they introduced a little puppet mouse and asked your child to shake hands with it, and then asked the child to pick up small bean bags and later put it back inside a tray

- the whole interview lasted for around 30 mins

*** GOOD LUCK TO ALL ***

99    0    0    0

2#
發表於 17-6-9 13:13 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

thx for your sharing, I want to apply the schools that you mentioned, it's really good information for me.

3#
發表於 17-6-9 14:29 |只看該作者
回覆 acqueen 的帖子

you are very welcome =)

glad that you found it useful, hopefully it can shed more light for parents preparing for their interviews!

4#
發表於 17-6-9 15:22 |只看該作者
Thank you very much!!!! Which school you have chose ?

5#
發表於 17-6-9 16:52 |只看該作者
halvard 發表於 17-6-9 11:43
Personal sharing of my PN 1st round interview experience in York, St Hilary, St Catherine, Learning  ...

thx so much!!

6#
發表於 17-6-9 18:14 |只看該作者
回覆 chocoroby 的帖子

you are very welcome!

we chose Victoria eventually

7#
發表於 17-6-9 18:15 |只看該作者
回覆 leeleemrs 的帖子

you are very welcome and good luck!!!!

8#
發表於 17-6-9 21:27 |只看該作者
halvard 發表於 17-6-9 18:14
回覆 chocoroby 的帖子

you are very welcome!

Why Victoria?
My girl is actually Aug baby, very marginal for PN classes....

I am very keen on LH but limited confident that the school will accept her...

9#
發表於 17-6-9 21:29 |只看該作者
halvard 發表於 17-6-9 18:14
回覆 chocoroby 的帖子

you are very welcome!

Victoria is a very happy and caring school!!! Enjoy :)

10#
發表於 17-6-9 22:32 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 halvard 於 17-6-9 22:35 編輯

回覆 leeleemrs 的帖子

we chose victoria because:-- great language and learning environment
- very caring and competent teachers
- graduates of victoria are mostly confident, presentable and cheerful
- reassuring primary school allocation results

there are still schools taking children born in aug, vic is one of them.

for LH, i think they prefer children who are very obedient and he or she can sit still during the interview. in my case, my child did not sit still during the interview and walked away a few times. even my child can perform all the tasks in all three classrooms, we were not granted a second interview... there could be other reasons behind but thatz my observation.

and LH is starting a new playgroup, maybe you can consider applying it to increase your chances.
don't give up so soon!!! try your best and whatever happened, you and your child had already given the best shot!

11#
發表於 17-6-9 22:33 |只看該作者
回覆 ilovemonkeybb 的帖子

yay! thanks!!
i hope my child will enjoy every single day in school and become a knowledgeable and confident child too!

12#
發表於 17-6-9 23:07 |只看該作者
halvard 發表於 17-6-9 22:32
回覆 leeleemrs 的帖子

thanks very much!
I got a place at LH pg for my girl and hope it can give her a little more chance though the school said no priority...

I am also studying Victoria homantin....

13#
發表於 17-6-9 23:16 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 17-6-10 10:22 |只看該作者
回覆 leeleemrs 的帖子

Great!!! Wish u the best of luck to get into your ideal school!
Do u mean you have another child studying at Vic (HMT)?
Can u share why will u drop Vic (HMT) for LH?

15#
發表於 17-6-10 10:26 |只看該作者
回覆 europa268 的帖子

You're welcome :)I am not aiming at those super top local schools or private schools,
Like dg, db, spcc.. what is on their website now is very good enough for me.
And i believe that schools that i prefer like students from victoria

16#
發表於 17-6-10 16:16 |只看該作者
halvard 發表於 17-6-10 10:22
回覆 leeleemrs 的帖子

Great!!! Wish u the best of luck to get into your ideal school!

nono, i think I missed a few important words in my line. "i am now studying the information of Vic HMT..."

I am a new mum and LH is my top choice at the moment while Vic is the second. I have a frd whose kids were from Vic Harbour Height and both boys are now at VSA. She rated high the kindi so I wanna have a try.

Actually, I live in Olympic and Habour Green is of great location to us. However, they only accept kids who were born before 30/6/16 so we have no chance.

17#
發表於 17-6-10 18:09 |只看該作者
回覆 leeleemrs 的帖子

I have PM-ed you, pls check!
Can you share if your friend's boys like VSA and whether their parents think its good too?

I am also thinking about VSA!

18#
發表於 17-6-10 18:16 |只看該作者
halvard 發表於 17-6-9 22:32
回覆 leeleemrs 的帖子

I'm totally agree with you ! I personally like Victoria so much and as well as small class teaching environment ! My boy went to Victoria PG and everything about Victoria is very excellent !

19#
發表於 17-6-10 22:00 |只看該作者
回覆 Imabear 的帖子

Yeah!!I am so looking forward to see my child going to school!!!

20#
發表於 17-6-11 16:09 |只看該作者
我聽既讀vsa既小朋友都開心,愛閱讀, 大方唔怕醜。 但academic唔會好strong, 我諗父母都要跟進下唔好俾小朋友太懶散。其實我見都幾多victoria kindy家長心儀vsa, 佢地都唔係一心想小朋友入elite school.

我都係17-18年vic pn家長。多多指教。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題