教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Poor TSA Questions
樓主: cow
go

Poor TSA Questions [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 17-4-18 19:54 |只看該作者
cow 發表於 17-4-18 07:52
回覆 Cheeselover 的帖子

You are correct that I didn't object TSA. I am neutral on it.

if "Ben Tong studied in Primary One in 1960" then "Ben Tong only went to primary school." - not "Must be True"

Cxxxxxxx

This is unreasonable.  The passage said much more than "Ben Tong studied in Primary One in 1960".  Your if-then statement is truncated.

In questions like this, we "have" to assume the question gives all the information that is important to the answer.

I also want to know which of the other choices in the multiple choice questions do you think are more reasonable than "Ben only went to primary school"?
The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

22#
發表於 17-4-19 11:59 |只看該作者
回覆 shadeslayer 的帖子

Sorry that I have overlooked the information that "he stopped studying and sold newspapers in 1965".

The best answer should be the answer with the highest possibility based on the given information. I should not have used "Must be true" as the standard.

Just for discussion, if we omitted the information that "he stopped studying in 1965". The infomation, "studied in Primary One in 1960", does not make the possibility of "he only went to primary school" higher than "He won a film award in Canada" (the other two options must be wrong).

23#
發表於 17-4-19 13:13 |只看該作者
cow 發表於 17-4-19 11:59
回覆 shadeslayer 的帖子

Sorry that I have overlooked the information that "he stopped studying and  ...

本帖最後由 shadeslayer 於 17-4-19 13:14 編輯

it relates to my comment: "we have to assume all information relevant to the answers are already there in the passage."

Therefore "Ben won an award in Canada" is wrong because Ben won an award in HK (assume HK film festival was in HK). There wasn't any info given in the passagewhich suggested he won any other award in Canada.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題