搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 鍾意國際學校既原因係?
樓主: chongcm
go

鍾意國際學校既原因係?   [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 17-10-26 16:51 |只看該作者
chunyatmama 發表於 17-10-26 14:59
I believe that those Mainlander enrolled in the Universities in Hong Kong are trying boarden their e ...

“There are many good examples from my friend who teaches in HKU.Based on his observation, the local students are no way to compare with those from Mainland.The professor and lecturers are all with similar comments.”

像前面有人說的,能從內地考入HKU的,很可能都是各地狀元,每年高考一千萬人里拼出的幾千人,可想需要怎樣的毅力和能力。而在hk同等成績的學生可以有更多選擇,未必留港讀大學。所以在本地高校出現這種被「碾壓」的狀況也不難理解,收生質量決定的。

62#
發表於 17-10-26 17:06 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

又或者從另一角度睇,本地學生太不爭氣。機會放在眼前,卻不爭取,總奉送與人,例子不只一個。國內學生俱競爭力,加上鬥心強,是不爭的事實。

63#
發表於 17-10-26 18:20 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 17-10-26 18:20 編輯
chunyatmama 發表於 17-10-26 14:59
boarden their experience and trying to go out and learn, just like those Hong Kongers going to other countries ...

If the reason for mainland Chinese coming to HK to study is simply to broaden their experience rather than being attracted by a genuine difference in terms of quality of the education system, then we should see Hongkongers being just as eager to go in the opposite direction since China's education system is just as good if not better, but we don't see that happening. Furthermore, when we talk of mainland Chinese coming to HK to study, it doesn't just occur at university level, there are long lines of uniformed children crossing the Lowu border every morning in a southerly direction, and zero going the opposite way.

I'm not saying HK's education system is good, it certainly is not, but if you compare it with China's, you can see how people vote with their feet, and lastly, would YOU send your children to attend school in China? Like I said, there is no need to go out of one's way to fantasize about China's education system :)

64#
發表於 17-10-26 19:11 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 samsam123321 於 19-2-21 07:47 編輯
chunyatmama 發表於 17-10-26 17:06
又或者從另一角度睇,本地學生太不爭氣。機會放在眼前,卻不爭取,總奉送與人,例子不只一個。國內學生俱競 ...

65#
發表於 17-10-26 19:55 |只看該作者
samsam123321 發表於 17-10-26 19:11
本地教育問題,不鼓勵發問。

其實不只發問的。一個很真實例字,大公司offer part time 實習機會,條件是要做一年,大部分本地生並不熱衷,來自國內生未合資格(要2年級以上),但他主動爭取,最後取得機會。

66#
發表於 17-10-26 19:58 |只看該作者
FattyDaddy 發表於 17-10-26 18:20
If the reason for mainland Chinese coming to HK to study is simply to broaden their experience rath ...

I have already said I have no idea about the education system in China and I have no intention to comment if it’s good or not.  Hongkkngers have not tried to have education in China may have many reasons.  Frankly, I will support my kids if they think 青華or 北大is good for them.  Why not give it a try?

67#
發表於 17-10-26 23:02 |只看該作者
chunyatmama 發表於 17-10-26 19:58
I have already said I have no idea about the education system in China ...
That's fine then. We won't discuss this further.

68#
發表於 17-10-27 08:39 |只看該作者
You will be surprised to see the increase in no. of local students going back to China (or Taiwan and Macau) for higher education. I'm not even talking about the elite University, but just any universities (ie UIC in 珠海) .

69#
發表於 17-10-27 08:43 |只看該作者
回覆 chunyatmama 的帖子

I agree and that was my point. I don't want to comment on their education but you can see the difference of their graduates. As I have stated earlier, in the investment banks I know, all the bankers / traders / MD / directors are either foreigners or mainlanders , while the local graduates (and they are the top of the classes) are mostly in operations / IT / back office.

70#
發表於 17-10-27 13:15 |只看該作者
GC0060 發表於 17-10-27 08:39
You will be surprised to see the increase in no. of local students going back to China (or Taiwan an ...
Assuming there is such an increase, are you saying they go (back?) to China to study so they'll be trained like a mainlander and thus have a better chance of becoming MD / directors / senior management of an investment bank or some other corporation? Haha, I'm sorry to say I'm not convinced, the mainlander MDs you've seen are in their positions not BECAUSE of an education in China, but DESPITE of an education in China.

In any case, I do respect people who put their money where their mouth is and actually practice what they preach, so when you consider education choices for your children you should position schools in China as the top choice :)

71#
發表於 17-10-27 13:34 |只看該作者
I only say what I observe, I don't know why there is an increase in the no. of HK students going to China to further their studies, maybe they want to be MDS, or maybe as simple as they like the campus / education they offer, I don't know. And I do not believe all mainlander MDs get to the top with only or any connections at all. Those people at the top are very smart and do their job well.

I'm not here to praise or trash China education as I do not comment on things I do not know or have any first-hand experience. Even though this is the cyber world and one can practically say whatever they want with no consequences, I would appreciate you do not put words in others mouth and making assumption or recommendation for others believing you know best or being smart.

72#
發表於 17-10-27 13:51 |只看該作者
GC0060 發表於 17-10-27 13:34
Those people at the top are very smart and do their job well.  ...
I agree, I never doubt the quality of the people, I'm commenting on their education system.
Lastly, if we don't know something we can always ask, there are enough mainlanders in HK to make asking easy.

73#
發表於 17-10-27 16:07 |只看該作者
FattyDaddy 發表於 17-10-27 13:15
Assuming there is such an increase, are you saying they go (back?) to China to study so they'll be t ...

Mainlander MDs are highflyers despite their education.

xxxxxx

I have said this for HK typical students or poor parenting in the past but I guess it applies to Mainland China education too.
The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

74#
發表於 17-10-27 16:32 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 17-10-27 16:35 編輯
shadeslayer 發表於 17-10-27 16:07
Mainlander MDs are highflyers despite their education.

xxxxxx

That's what I meant. These mainlander MDs are smart and they got to where they are in spite of their education in China, not because of it. If anything, the rote learning spoon-feeding rigid education they received in China was a hindrance rather than a help.

75#
發表於 17-10-27 18:32 |只看該作者
FattyDaddy 發表於 17-10-27 16:32
That's what I meant. These mainlander MDs are smart and they got to where they are in spite of thei ...

I share your sentiment in this topic.
The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

76#
發表於 17-10-29 18:53 |只看該作者

大投行有很多大陸人高層系時勢使然。而家絕大部分的 deal 同 IPO 都同大陸有關。
系八九十年代,仲有好多香港公司deal 時,大投行有好多香港畢業生做到 MD,其中唔少系香港傳統 local school 畢業。就算系大學都唔一定系外國名校返黎,個時每年都有請 中大、港大 畢業生,其中唔少做到 MD。

大陸中小學比香港更谷!而家大陸有 D 錢或有D辦法的父母,都爭住將孩子送出國讀書,而且越推越前,很多初中就出國。

就算清華北大,佢地D 學生硬知識就世界一流,但學校管學生的手法就系好似香港中學管學生甘。我常想,呢班甘聰明的學生如果有個自由開放的環境讀書,成就應該會更大。

至於國内學生點解表現比香港學生好?兩個字: 鬥心!
呢個系同佢地成長環境有關,因爲從小在學校、社會嘜都要鬥一餐至有,佢地從小就學識要爭,同埋知道搞關係的重要性,識得討好要討好的人。就算國内,富裕大城市的學生努力程度及鬥心都唔及二三綫城市及農村。在此我不作價值判斷,無話岩唔岩,大陸環境就系甘。問題系你會唔會比仔女系甘 ge (强調鬥爭) 環境成長?

77#
發表於 17-10-31 18:08 |只看該作者
回覆 GC0060 的帖子

Perhaps it just so happens in your social circle. I am a professional and many of my fellow classmates who graduated from HKU are holding MD/ VP positions in top-tire i-banks such as Goldman Sachs and UBS, we graduated from an elite program at HKU. I get to meet different senior management on a day-to-day basis and from my own observation, i do not see the big gap you've mentioned between Hong Kongers and mainland Chinese. There are smart and less smart people all around us, may or may not be related to the education system. But one thing I found quite interesting in your posts is that you place much emphasis on a person's job title, seems like you link job titles to a person's ability / intelligence which makes me quite uncomfortable. I hope this wasn't what you are trying to say.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題