搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF vs NAIS
查看: 14601|回覆: 32
go

ESF vs NAIS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 17-1-24 15:32 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear all,
My daughter just got an offer from NAIS year 1 this year. She is studying in ESF k2 now, and mostly likely she will be admitted to KJS primary 1 this year.  May I know which one is better in terms of curriculum and academic results?

NAIS is an educational organization that runs international schools around the world. There are 43 international schools worldwide. But its new in HK and have not yet produce public result yet. Whereas ESF has long history and are well known in HK, but i find out that the curriulum in ESF is quite loose and teachers are not that enthusiastic in teaching. Maybe it happens only in kindergarten.  I m not sure about the primary.

Difficult to choose. Anyone that have kids in these two schools can share?

Thanks a lot
   6    0    0    1

2#
發表於 17-1-24 17:38 |只看該作者
anyone can share? thanks a lot!

3#
發表於 17-1-24 18:39 |只看該作者
回覆 nicolelaiyy 的帖子

I don't think ESF teachers are loose and are not willing to teach. They are adopting IB for which caring, cooperation, listening, inquiry are key skills they are trying to teach/explore from students rather than "paperwork knowledge". I think traditional teaching is not suitable for today's social/working environment. Instead, what ESF is promoting is more important. It is the skills of important in daily working life rather than those knowledge we learnt at school.

4#
發表於 17-1-24 18:40 |只看該作者
回覆 nicolelaiyy 的帖子

Vote for EF KJS!

5#
發表於 17-2-8 13:36 |只看該作者
I kind of like NAIS where she values science and language are important tools for child development, and there are quite a few non-asian students that gives it a good mix in the class, also it's easy for your kid to transfer to other NAIS schools in other countries (if u r relocating etc).  However, there have been news about NAIS regarding how she charges (and change the charges) on school fees etc.  the commercial elements in NAIS seems heavy (i.e. profit making).  The teacher refers the school as "our company" than "school" when I had a school visit there.

ESF is good for sure.  However, government is cutting their subsidies and the teachers' benefits aren't as good as before (apparently), and so some good teachers seeks oppuntunities in other private international schools.

6#
發表於 17-2-8 13:43 |只看該作者
回覆 dtemplar 的帖子

so what are the new charges for NAIS now?

7#
發表於 17-2-8 15:24 |只看該作者
dtemplar 發表於 17-2-8 13:36
I kind of like NAIS where she values science and language are important tools for child development, ...

NAIS: The capital enrollment fee has been increased from 80 k to 100 k for 2017/18 intake. There have been discussions on imposing annual levy policy but was under pending at the moment.
We have asked the principal about the balance between profit target as a listed company (in the us) and running education, he told us that NAIS in hk is non profit making. Guess not allowed by EDB?

8#
發表於 17-2-8 16:47 |只看該作者
dtemplar 發表於 17-2-8 13:36
I kind of like NAIS where she values science and language are important tools for child development, ...

Seems you are quite familiar with ESF. May I know your comment to Renaissance College (the Independent school of esf?) thank you!

9#
發表於 17-2-8 17:03 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 YYNGSUKI 於 17-2-8 17:04 編輯

I have same experience from some of the teacher in ESF Kindy.  However, it's only happened with some of the teacher. But due to the systematic IB program, I found my daughter could still have a bright development over the years of the kindergarten.  She is studying in RC now, i satisfied with this school very much! Thd teacher are nice and energetic. And the same thing "well established IB system" make everything in the right track.  I never have the feeling as most of the comment that parent will got lost about the progress of the kids learning in IS. The school use different means to allow the parent have a zero distance to know what are the kids learning.  

10#
發表於 17-2-8 17:17 |只看該作者
回覆 YYNGSUKI 的帖子

After reading what you wrote, i feel more confident sending my kid to ESF kindergarten. May i know the admission rate from ESF kindergarten to ESF primary is really that high as i heard, like 9X%? Is it true?

11#
發表於 17-2-9 10:23 |只看該作者
This question is self-responding because ESF parents will vote for ESF and vice-versa.  

12#
發表於 17-8-31 08:37 |只看該作者
nicolelaiyy 發表於 17-1-24 15:32
Dear all,
My daughter just got an offer from NAIS year 1 this year. She is studying in ESF k2 now, a ...

Hi there may I know which school did you choose at last ? Thank you

13#
發表於 17-8-31 12:50 |只看該作者
nicolelaiyy 發表於 17-1-24 15:32
Dear all,
My daughter just got an offer from NAIS year 1 this year. She is studying in ESF k2 now, a ...

We are very interested in nais, may I know what is the format of the interview? Thanks

14#
發表於 17-8-31 23:39 |只看該作者
I choose Nais finally.
For the interview, I don't know coz my daughter go inside the room  by herself. I only remember she told me she was tested on some maths. I think most of the IS simply assess the child's ability in understanding and speaking in English.

15#
發表於 17-9-1 09:25 |只看該作者
nicolelaiyy 發表於 17-8-31 23:39
I choose Nais finally.
For the interview, I don't know coz my daughter go inside the room  by hersel ...

Good for you! I pm you.

16#
發表於 17-9-1 10:21 |只看該作者

回覆樓主

NAIS

17#
發表於 17-9-1 13:12 |只看該作者
nicolelaiyy 發表於 17-8-31 23:39
I choose Nais finally.
For the interview, I don't know coz my daughter go inside the room  by hersel ...

Would u mind to share yr choice of nais? (rather than esf)

18#
發表於 17-9-1 15:12 |只看該作者
heihei33 發表於 17-9-1 13:12
Would u mind to share yr choice of nais? (rather than esf)

I mean why u choose nais rather than esf?

19#
發表於 17-9-3 02:05 |只看該作者
I stuggled a lot when i made up a decision at that time, but i finally pick Nais.

I pick NAIS finally because of several reasons.

1. I prefer a more structured curriculum when kids are in primary stage. I dont mind IB in secondary, but I perfer more solid foundation when kids are young.

2. I prefer smaller class size. Nais has a class of 22 while ESF has 30.  Besides the students mix of NAIS is more international and British whereas there are mostly chinese and Indians in KJS

3. There are 46 campuses in the world for Nais. They are run by very experienced educational organization for a very long time, so even though its new, I have faith in them. I think what NAIS can offer is quit unique. The Global Campus helps students explore the world, learn new skills and develop a truly international perspective through outstanding online, in-school and worldwide experiences. In Nais , students can really boarden their horizon. They are not merely interactiing with their classmates in hk, but in the world. The school provide lots of opportunities for students to meet with in different campus in the world, for competition, performance, cultural exchange ....

4. The music program and science program are terrific. The music curriculum is run collaborately with prestigious Juilliard art school. Students have the chance to go to Juilliard for intensive training and performance.  Moreover, it has a partnership with MIT  to provide STEAM  programmes. I heard there are a few children actually went to MIT this year

5. There are swimming class, art, drama every week. They are not taught as ECA after school but are comulsory in the curriculum. Besides, there are lots of ECA (free of charge) to choose from after school, wheres you have to pay ECA in ESF.

6. They offer summer prgrammes and boarding programmes in Nord Anglia education group world wide.

If you are intersted in getting to know more about Nord, you better arrange school visit. Take a look of their website, facebook and youtube, you can find tons of information.

Hope it helps.

20#
發表於 17-9-3 10:24 |只看該作者
nicolelaiyy 發表於 17-9-3 02:05
I stuggled a lot when i made up a decision at that time, but i finally pick Nais.

I pick NAIS final ...

Very informative, thx
‹ 上一主題|下一主題