用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Need Advice: AISHK vs ESF (SJS)
發新帖
查看: 3162|回覆: 12
go

Need Advice: AISHK vs ESF (SJS)

發表於 16-11-24 12:58 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 little-pig-pig 於 16-11-24 13:07 編輯

My son is a K2 student studying in ESF kindy now.  He is so lucky to get the guaranteed interview from SJS.  Also he has got the reception offer from AISHK starting next year.  I have difficulty to choose which school should let him to go.

For SJS, I like ESF’s reputation, also strong in academic.  My son will be in year 1 next year Aug.  Also my son will have smooth transition to UK for studying higher secondary.  But I don’t like the student mix in SJS and large class.  Also the campus is a little bit old.

For AISHK, I really like the campus, as well as student mix.  However, my son will repeat K2 for half a year, and I worry if he can have smooth transition to UK education system in future.  Also I’m not sure about the academic level of AISHK, as sometimes I heard the comment from AISHK is a little bit laidback.

A little bit info for my son, he has proactive learning attitude, also he loves reading.  

I don’t want to hold the offers for too long, so I wish to make a decision now.  Could anyone please give me advice for how to choose?

Many many thanks!!

發表於 16-11-24 13:12 |顯示全部帖子
Academic wise, choose SJS, and since your kid is so smart, repeating one semester of K2 is kind of wasting time

發表於 16-11-24 14:11 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 luckyveronique 的帖子

Agree! SJS is so difficult to get a spot but your son did it! Moreover, your son is smart, what's the point to let him repeat due to other school campus is only looks newer and better! I will only look into the essential things! I just know SJS has very good reputation that it's an all round school, kids are happy and good at academics as well! That's enough!

發表於 16-11-24 17:25 |顯示全部帖子

引用:回覆+luckyveronique+的帖子 Agree!+SJS+i

原帖由 Park88 於 16-11-24 發表
回覆 luckyveronique 的帖子

Agree! SJS is so difficult to get a spot but your son did it! Moreover,  ...
What is the student mix of SJS like?

發表於 16-11-25 01:07 |顯示全部帖子
Both of them are good school, but ESF is more academic. I chose Esf for my kids and give up AISHK finally.

發表於 16-11-25 03:55 |顯示全部帖子
little-pig-pig 發表於 16-11-24 12:58
My son is a K2 student studying in ESF kindy now.  He is so lucky to get the guaranteed interview fr ...

The student mix ( more Chinese) is the key to the best academic results among the ESF schools, you have to decide what is your priority.

發表於 16-11-25 18:03 |顯示全部帖子
964000 發表於 16-11-25 03:55
The student mix ( more Chinese) is the key to the best academic results among the ESF schools, you  ...

Yes, this is what I need to choose.  Student mix vs academic.  Feel so headache now

發表於 16-11-25 21:37 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Quote:964000+發表於+16-11-25+03:55+ The+

原帖由 little-pig-pig 於 16-11-25 發表
Yes, this is what I need to choose.  Student mix vs academic.  Feel so headache now
If you prefer academic results, why don't you go to an elite local school? If an IS is full of local students who rely on private tutoring to achieve good academic results (not because of the quality of teachers and teaching), there's not much point of going the IS route. If student mix is a concern for you, go for the school that provides this as long as it's a reasonably good school.

點評

corgihk    發表於 16-11-25 22:02

發表於 16-11-25 22:31 |顯示全部帖子
hkparent 發表於 16-11-25 21:37
If you prefer academic results, why don't you go to an elite local school? If an IS is full of local ...

can't agree more! why choosing an IS if you prefer an Asian environment and academically focused? Student mix and the experiences to learn in a multicultural environment should be the most valuable reasons for choosing an IS!

發表於 16-12-4 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
AISHK's academic result is always very transparent. See it for yourself.

I agree that student mix is an important part of the IS experience. If you choose a Chinese dominated school, there is no point to consider IS.

Last but no the least, class size (student number in class) is also one of my concern (paying good money for schooling). Fyi, no of students in AISHK is around 24 to 25. I think ESF(e.g . DC) schools are up to 30 students (please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure all parents would try to choose the best /most suitable school for their children. It's best to try and find out more info from the official school website and then make the call. All the best.

發表於 16-12-4 22:21 |顯示全部帖子
Not sure why you want to choose AISHK if you have no plans to study in Australia. If you want to study in U.K. you should go for Kellet or a curriculum that is align to the UK system.

發表於 16-12-5 10:01 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 16-12-5 14:44 |顯示全部帖子
Kittybama 發表於 16-12-5 10:01
若最終是想往UK升學,根本就毫無懸念一定揀ESF(SJS),• 原因:
- 論校舍, AISHK因中小學集中,所以比ESF( ...
完全賛同KITTYBAMA的説法、同埋香港根本就少左好多EXPATS、所以希望見到多D WESTERNERS学生、真係難D. MAY BE港島比SHATIN多。
SHATIN COLLEGED学生大部分都是説英文的(EVEN AMONG LOCAL CHINESE),所以純講語境的話、無問題。 

唯一問題是LOCAL FAMILIES多、就一定会有PEER PRESSURE AND COMPARE WITH EACH OTHER,無可逃免、not completely a bad thing though. 
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!