搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any CAIS parents?
發新帖
查看: 1812|回覆: 3
go

Any CAIS parents? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-11-20 15:41 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
We attended the prep interview recently and was told there is 100 fewer applicants this year (despite the dragon baby effect and appeal of a new campus). This should be good news as my boy is quite immature and had always been below average performer in most areas. I guess this has much to do with the hefty increase in debenture to $450k. Also, it seems funding for phase 2&3 is still in the air.

Have there been concerns among parents regarding the future finance of the school? Seems once they increase money demand from parents, enrollment interest drop drastically.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-11-20 16:33 |只看該作者
We have just attended the interview yesterday.  But what I heard from Mr Best is that there are about 300 applicants compared with over 400 applicants last years.  Moreover, it will offer two more classes in 2017/2018.  It seems that the chance is better than last year.  However, the competition is still keen for local passport holder.  

3#
發表於 16-11-23 10:21 |只看該作者
Yes competition still keen for local passport holder.  We attended the interview the first week of Nov,they mention that the siblings and foreign passport holders have priority (i guess due to the 70% foreign passholder rules that they need to comply as an intl school).  
However they didn't mention much about the ICN during the meeting.  When the ICN is due - when we accept the offer or when the school starts?  i asked a few existing parents they said the ICN is due when school starts... but in the website they said is at the point of acceptance.  Most intl school require debenture or capital levy after school starts.... so do we really need to pay the ICN when we accept?  a bit hesitate as we are also waiting for the results from other international school around that time.  anyone knows?

4#
發表於 16-11-24 17:43 |只看該作者
回覆 hong0706 的帖子

Totally agree with you. I'm also surprised to hear about the drop of demand.  I thought one of the "not so nice" things about the school in the past was the relatively old & small campus so supposedly their popularity should go up with a brand new campus coming soon?  I share the same concern about the expansion plan of the new campus too.  Sounds like there are a lot of uncertainty and the school tour won't be available until Jul (that means parents can't get to see the new campus until probably after they've paid and accepted the offer)...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題