搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 WKS ESF users sharing
發新帖
查看: 1777|回覆: 12
go

WKS ESF users sharing [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-9-11 06:40 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Any K2 or graduates parents can share their comment on this school please, esp the academic part? Eg any writing, alphabet/ numbers/ Chinese char recognising, phonics, etc. Any books or family assignment? Much thanks!

0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 16-9-11 07:49 |只看該作者

回覆:WKS ESF users sharing

None of the above that you mentioned... Only a library book now and then and some outings, for example, mid autumn festival evening in MOS park. They are not required to write or to recognise words, and there's no homework.

3#
發表於 16-9-11 16:20 |只看該作者

回覆:calvinlinda 的帖子

You can check the values of the esf kindy.  It is not an academic school at all

4#
發表於 16-9-11 18:50 |只看該作者

I know it is definitely not an academic school, but I still want to know how NOT academic it is...😅 per another post about TY ESF, the school will teach writing, drawing dotted lines, at the end of K2, kids will know how to write their names, etc...

5#
發表於 16-9-11 18:53 |只看該作者

All ESF Kindergarden focuses on character building and encourages them to communicate with others and how to express themselves. I would say it's age appropriate in the things they do, totally not 贏在起跑線type of school.

6#
發表於 16-9-11 21:14 |只看該作者

So, does it true that TY ESF has different curriculum from WKS? Or that post is incorrect? Or actually they do teach a little bit of academic that parent don't know. Per my interview day, I can see there are some Chinese and English writing done by the kids sticking on the wall.  

I totally understand what the approach ESF use on the children, I just want to know any, or even a bit of academic they teach the kids before Y1. 🤔

7#
發表於 16-9-11 22:09 |只看該作者

回覆:calvinlinda 的帖子

They will teach alphabet and numbers, no phonics. There would also be simple adding and subtraction. Recognizing Chinese words is not compulsory.

8#
發表於 16-9-12 09:35 |只看該作者

I remembered my former kinder principal once told me, teaching small kids maths is not just about counting and numbers, instead they should learn shapes, sizes, sorting, grouping, differences and similarities etc these are more important math concepts and foundations, which can better learn from playing. Which I really agree. Therefore when choosing a school own should really choose one that meet your own believe and expectations.

9#
發表於 16-9-12 14:56 |只看該作者

引用:All+ESF+Kindergarden+focuses+on+characte

原帖由 canteen31 於 16-09-11 發表
All ESF Kindergarden focuses on character building and encourages them to communicate with others an ...
Cannot agree more! ESF kinder is teaching more "age appropriate". I kept on reading to her in K1&K2, with Oxford Reading Tree. My child still couldn't recognize words. I talked to the class teacher she told me no worries. Children at K2 are not expected to recognize words, and they will  when they go to Primary. So true! My child just go to year 1, and she really starts recognizing words!

10#
發表於 16-9-12 14:57 |只看該作者

引用:I+remembered+my+former+kinder+principal+

原帖由 964000 於 16-09-12 發表
I remembered my former kinder principal once told me, teaching small kids maths is not just about co ...
Thanks for reminding me! I will put more effort in shapes, dimensions etc! These are all maths concept as well!

11#
發表於 16-9-12 15:04 |只看該作者
回覆 calvinlinda 的帖子

The TY kids will not be asked to remember/write any alphabet, numbers or Chinese words. There is no homework and no assessment on how many letters/words your child learnt. But the school encourages students to read at least one book a week (they can borrow one book from the school library every Friday).

My son asked me to give him a pencil to write (letters mainly) at the beginning of K2. I guess they picked them up through play everyday. I also understand the kids will learn to speak mandarin (through play too) so I doubt if the teachers will show the Chinese words to them for recognise.

ESF are play and inquiry-based schools.

12#
發表於 16-9-12 17:06 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+calvinlinda+的帖子 The+TY+kids+wil

原帖由 jedi.lala 於 16-09-12 發表
回覆 calvinlinda 的帖子

The TY kids will not be asked to remember/write any alphabet, numbers or Ch ...
I think the curriculum is pretty much the same among different ESF kinders

13#
發表於 16-9-14 19:08 |只看該作者

引用:I+remembered+my+former+kinder+principal+

原帖由 964000 於 16-09-12 發表
I remembered my former kinder principal once told me, teaching small kids maths is not just about co ...
Is it Denise from Anfield?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題