密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Re-interview for Y1 placement in ESF/ KJS
發新帖
查看: 2593|回覆: 7
go

Re-interview for Y1 placement in ESF/ KJS

發表於 16-3-31 14:53 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Anyone has had the experience in the re-interview for Year 1 placement at ESF (KJS) before?
Could anyone share your thoughts?
What have you been going thru in your experience?
How many times were you given the Re-interview?
Is there a chance of getting into the school if/ when the child pass the entrance requirement in the re-interview.

The child will meet the teachers of KJS in May again. She was noted to need lots of teacher prompts to engage and offered short responses only, making it very difficult to gauge her level of expressive language at that point in Jan.

My elder on is in Y6 currently.

Many thanks,-Maria

發表於 16-3-31 15:01 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Re-interview for Y1 placement in ESF/ KJS

You have sibling priority, and a chance for a re-interview, these are good signs. If all goes well your younger child should enter with no problem. However, he or she will need to be able to perform at the re-interview.  Good luck.

發表於 16-3-31 22:45 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 MrsGM 的帖子

Good to know. I am stressed out. I have no confidence she will talk and play with the children before being asked to do so. It takes her longer to feel comfortable to the new environment Abbas new people.

If she not meet in the reinterview is there the 3rd chance?

發表於 16-4-3 16:18 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Re-interview for Y1 placement in ESF/ KJS

I know 2 kids went through and passed the 2nd interview.  however, the parents worked hard to educate the children to engage in English speaking environment.  one of the parents signed up for Monxxy Trxx chatroom 4 days a week to correct the child's behaviour.

發表於 16-4-3 17:27 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Hi+Anyone+has+had+the+experience+in+the+

本帖最後由 964000 於 16-4-3 17:37 編輯
原帖由 YYFUNG 於 16-03-31 發表
Hi Anyone has had the experience in the re-interview for Year 1 placement at ESF (KJS) before?
Coul ...

Which kinder is she in now? Is she just shy and does she talk a lot at home? Is she comfortable in English environment? If she is not comfy under English environment start to engage in intensive English playgroup from now on.

發表於 16-4-4 16:34 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:YYFUNG 的帖子

My niece was interviewed 3-4, including once being put in the classroom of her year group to observe her. (Don't have details, heard from her mom), she has sibling priority, fluent English. Was asked by the school to do an assessment as suspected with special needs, but found out she is gifted with high IQ instead. Most recently heard she's on the top of the wait list.

發表於 16-4-5 13:53 |顯示全部帖子
YYFUNG 發表於 16-3-31 14:53
Coul ...
sORRY, CAN I ask you said re-interview? your child was interviewed on Jan already? this time is call you come to interview again? btw, you have child studing Y6 already, why don't have sibiling prority to get it?

Thanks

發表於 16-4-18 17:52 |顯示全部帖子
I think she is given a chance due to siblings. Or she may have been failed and rejected right away.
Her linguistics skills is excellent....Just the social skills is another story.
Now what I hope is she can interact with adults and children in may.
Get the entrance requirement pass at least.
: )