教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ISF 和 SIS 大家会怎么考虑?
樓主: lyyshore
go

ISF 和 SIS 大家会怎么考虑?   [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 16-2-17 00:34 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 16-2-17 00:35 編輯
tingtingting 發表於 16-2-17 00:14
I guess I'm the lucky one. I'm surrounded by my personal fitness trainer, 1st violinists in HK Phil ...

China produces MANY brilliant people, how could there possibly not be? Even just by the laws of mathematics, there is a large base of 1.4 billion to choose from. How a sample is obtained though is another matter, and definitely off topic :)

62#
發表於 16-2-17 00:36 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+tingtingting+的帖子 The+Jo-Ann+thi

原帖由 HulkBuster 於 16-02-17 發表
回覆 tingtingting 的帖子

The Jo-Ann thing was supposed to be a joke.  My apologies...
Please don't apologise. I know it's a joke.

63#
發表於 16-2-17 06:27 |只看該作者
Good discussion. Chinese teachers in general are stricter and have different behavioral or class room expectations. Anyone who has studied in both a LS and then an IS or abroad would know. Students know how to react to "stricter" Chinese teachers and also more "open minded" English and Western teachers. That is why the school is "bicultural" and not a single culture blending East and West. Kids know how to adjust accordingly when it is part of their daily life.

中華文化並唔等於國民教育,就好似愛國唔等於愛黨
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

64#
發表於 16-2-17 07:46 |只看該作者

引用:Good+discussion.+Chinese+teachers+in+gen

原帖由 HKTHK 於 16-02-17 發表
Good discussion. Chinese teachers in general are stricter and have different behavioral or class roo ...
May I ask how predominant are Chinese teachers or do they only take part in teaching Chinese language? Honestly to choose studying in IS, I do appreciate the western style of mindset in education more.

65#
發表於 16-2-17 10:13 |只看該作者

回覆:ISF 和 SIS 大家会怎么考虑?

Just a sharing. From my experience i found SIS gives a quite well balance on creativity vs discipline . Children are given wide freedom on idea expression , writing and discussion on Eng, science, social studies...etc. For Chinese, although  they need to write chinese word one by one, it can be well balanced by a creative and individual basis booklet design. Kids are motivated by themselves to draw many funny pictures and write in a funny way.  SIS also hold 中國文化欣賞會for all major Chinese festival, telling the history and show how people celebrate in the past and nowaday. When talking about Parents, its not difficult to know most of SIS children are from well off families, but the way they arrange gathering or bday parties are quite humble as far as i know. They spend for kids'laughter,rather than show off. Children conversation usually about books, sports, games, jokes. They do influenced each other a lot on gd books recommendation, library is one of the popular place for them during recess or after lunch.  Maybe other SI are  simliar but just try to share under the subject about SIS.

66#
發表於 16-2-17 10:29 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+tingtingting+的帖子 The+Jo-Ann+thi

原帖由 HulkBuster 於 16-02-17 發表
回覆 tingtingting 的帖子

The Jo-Ann thing was supposed to be a joke.  My apologies...
Hulkbuster, I can't agree more of what you are pointing out, it's indeed the overall consideration rather than a rigorous curriculum as kids spend most of the time in school under the influence by the culture surrounding them, including teachers, classmates and their parents... that how their values and personalities are shaped...Once again, different people make different choices, no right or wrong!

67#
發表於 16-2-17 10:35 |只看該作者

引用:Just+a+sharing.+From+my+experience+i+fou

原帖由 112200 於 16-02-17 發表
Just a sharing. From my experience i found SIS gives a quite well balance on creativity vs disciplin ...
Thanks that seems an ideal education for my kid but without a foreign passport, it's so difficult to get in

68#
發表於 16-2-17 10:39 |只看該作者
These days running a school also should be client oriented.  ISF must be well researched before they launched the curriculum.  Madarin, traditional chinese, English enviroment, IB program, which all meet the majorities parent's needs in this jurisdiction.  The only thing I am concerned is can this particular curriculum run well since they do not experience before, and education is more complicated than what you imagined.

69#
發表於 16-2-17 10:46 |只看該作者

回覆:tingtingting 的帖子

本帖最後由 Riesling 於 16-3-4 17:05 編輯

70#
發表於 16-2-17 10:50 |只看該作者

回覆:964000 的帖子

964000, indeed Sis is what 11200 described! However, given that Singaporeans have absolute priority and there are lots of them out there, it's super hard to get in! However,I know there are still kids with no priorities at all got in, so do try if u really like, good luck!

71#
發表於 16-2-17 12:32 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 caa 於 16-2-17 12:47 編輯

回覆 Riesling 的帖子

deleted

72#
發表於 16-2-17 12:45 |只看該作者
Riesling 發表於 16-2-17 10:46
Having more and more kids of senior Chinese govt officials and local tycoons getting in, I doubt the ...

Curious why you believe ISF would not work for other children just because it did not work out for your family?
I am not ISF parent but just curious why you seem to want to persuade everyone?
I feel sorry for your bad experience. I am glad you are in a better school (in your view) now.
And what is more important than getting in the school you really like?
You point has been made and that is appreciated. And why not let parents decide whether ISF is good.
Your quoting 陳茂波 case is pointless. There is only one case like that even at CIS. How can you say that it would happen at ISF as well?
I am sorry if ISF has given you bad experience. But dragging on like that is starting to look..... well...... quite ugly.... to be honest.

73#
發表於 16-2-17 12:45 |只看該作者

回覆:caa 的帖子

Omg, I didn't know it, thx for the infor! More research apart from the school website can make a big difference in the decision making!

74#
發表於 16-2-17 12:54 |只看該作者

回覆:nintendo 的帖子

I just wanted to express my view but not persuade anyone to do anything, that's why I mentioned that's only a problem threw but not a challenge and stressed that was my personal view. Stopping me from expressing my view but tried to turn the discussion /opinion expression to an argue, that makes you ugly actually. That's also one of the reasons I like international schools, open minded and open discussion is encouraged but not defeated.

75#
發表於 16-2-17 13:29 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 nintendo 於 16-2-17 13:30 編輯

What does the case of 陳茂波 has to do with this discussion?
You THINK it may happen at ISF? But how about SIS? ESF? ICS? Or even SPCC? DGS? And the list goes on?
You have not only shared facts, but hinted things that may happened at a school.
And that is what I think made you ugly.
I have never STOPPED you from sharing facts and views.
What I have said is that you not HINTING anything.Being open minded is not like that.
And how is that ugly.
Anyway. You have made you point. I know you really hate ISF so much.
No more interest in this discussion.

76#
發表於 16-2-17 13:42 |只看該作者

回覆:ISF 和 SIS 大家会怎么考虑?

本帖最後由 Riesling 於 16-3-7 13:21 編輯

Let me say it once again, I didn't say and also don't hate Isf, just respond my view to the question raised by Ivyshore in the first place. There is no best school but just a school best fits your kid.

One thing I agree with you, i.e. I have no interest in this discussion when it becomes personal.

77#
發表於 16-2-17 14:38 |只看該作者
有時仇恨真係難以明白,呢位家長印象中一講弘立就跳出來,同埋記得佢講過被弘立reject,但唔知點解又神通廣大到最終又入到。

我對弘立冇乜好感,但上岡上缐到什麼陳戍波,senior chinese officials, tycoons....... 其實係咪唔like大陸人、有銭人、高官etc. 係就上高登搵同志,唔使禍及學校。

78#
發表於 16-2-17 15:21 |只看該作者
I really don't understand why some users here who are not ISF parents and have no intention or interest in sending their kids there would keep reading and making comments on threads regarding ISF.  The funny thing is, these comments usually have nothing to do with ISF itself but instead are comments about other people's comments...

79#
發表於 16-2-17 15:28 |只看該作者
Full disclosure first, I have applied for ISF kindergarten year 1 for my child, and if I am offered a place, I will most likely take it.

I guess since ISF is quite a unique school with little track record, parents certainly have a lot of concerns, especially those Rielings has addressed.

I appreciated Rieling sharing her experiences with newbie moms like us, the school didn't suit his son and she had to hunt for new schools - which I could imagine is very stressful given the keen competition in International schools nowadays.

My views on ISF is....it's a risky school, just like investments, high risk comes at high rewards! Parents must calculate the risk, rewards and downsides to studying in this school, or have a backup plan if things don't go according to your expectations!

Do I have a backup plan....kind of! hahahaha.....

80#
發表於 16-2-17 15:42 |只看該作者

引用:Full+disclosure+first,+I+have+applied+fo

原帖由 canteen31 於 16-02-17 發表
Full disclosure first, I have applied for ISF kindergarten year 1 for my child, and if I am offered  ...
I think I have applied the same schools as you, may I know what is your back up plan? Attending 2 kinders?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題