密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Siblings priority @ ESF ?
發新帖
查看: 2135|回覆: 8
go

Siblings priority @ ESF ?

發表於 15-12-3 17:19 |顯示全部帖子
I plan to apply in SEP/2016 for my elder daughter (now 3.5 y.o. @ K1) for GRADE 1 @ ESF. One thing I am quite worried though, for even if she can be so lucky to get into ESF, I have no idea how likely her siblings (twins now 2 y.o.) can also be admitted later.

I know the 'siblings priority' is pretty high, for it s just after the the Corporate & staff but I presume it s just a high chance to get interviewed but not at all a certain ticket to get admitted ?

Anyone has similiar experience ? What would u do if the elder got it but not the younger siblings ?

發表於 15-12-3 18:14 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:CC816 的帖子

No personal experience. But theoretically you can keep trying  just need to pay the prevailing application fee. Always get priority to interview

發表於 15-12-4 00:18 |顯示全部帖子
For CWBS:
Usually all siblings get interview.
However some are quite shy, and fail the 1st interview.
Usually they'll be given 2nd chance. Some pass, but some eventually fail.

Those who fail go to Renaissance, and quite some manage to transfer back to CWBS in year 2 or 3.

發表於 15-12-4 05:35 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Siblings priority @ ESF ?

Thanks yours.

We are living in island east thus our logical choice would be QBS. U said the sibling may be sent to RC if failed the interview, but presumably this is possible if u hv applied CWBS AND RC simultaneously ?

Heard RC is like 800 kids fighting for 150 spaces, feel it sounds even harder to get in and thus I m bit surprised if it be a 'backup school' for siblings .....

If my elder one gets in QBS and the younger in RC, the logistics are gonna be a huge problem for me .......

發表於 15-12-4 09:24 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Thanks+yours.+ We+are+living+in+island+

原帖由 C816 於 15-12-04 發表
Thanks yours.

We are living in island east thus our logical choice would be QBS. U said the siblin ...
I think he meant those who applied both, if failed ESF might still get RC. A substantial no of kids might get both offer and they may forgo RC. I am not saying RC is not as good but due to geographical/track record/curriculum/school fee, more people will put ESF as first choice. I don't think it's possible that those who fail ESF will automatically be transferred to RC,?at least unlikely nowadays.

發表於 15-12-4 13:20 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, what I mean is of course you apply both ESF and RC. I do see several cases who fail ESF CWBS, get accepted by RC, stay there for 1 or 2 years, and successfully transfer back to CWBS.

Today CWBS has the year 1 interview for siblings.
I think the key point is the kid can speak and respond.

發表於 15-12-4 15:47 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks, agreed that I would apply both ESF(QBS) and RC, and see which one(s) to admit my kid : )

發表於 15-12-5 11:20 |顯示全部帖子
koala_xin 發表於 15-12-4 13:20
Yes, what I mean is of course you apply both ESF and RC. I do see several cases who fail ESF CWBS, g ...

我眼見係一直有不少家長 ESF 和 RC (部分甚至漁翁撒網,DC 都申請 ),其實亦有人會選 RC 唔去 ESF,相信每個人心目中要求不同。

發表於 15-12-11 17:04 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 C816 的帖子

why? only if you are going to send them to school yourself... otherwise if they go to school by school bus i don't see any problems? well unless they have school events that require your presence on the same day....  but don't think they would happen often, if at all....  anyway qbs does try its best to take in younger siblings, so as long as the younger ones can converse in english you don't have to worry too much. good luck!