搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Any good IB school in UK
發新帖
查看: 1418|回覆: 7
go

Any good IB school in UK [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-5-6 18:11 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
i'm planning to send my daughter to UK for further studying when she is going to Year 9.  She is now studying at IB school at Year 7 in HK..  Would like to ask for recommendation which IB school in UK is good..  I have checked the information but found that most of the state school doesn't have good IB result..  Only private school offers the IB couse..  Pls. share the comments
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-5-7 00:43 |只看該作者

回覆:Any good IB school in UK

A couple of very top IB schools I know of:
North London Collegiate (girls, should be day school)
Sevenoaks (co-ed, boarding).

Other famous girls' schools that offer IB curriculum:
Headington
Cheltenham Ladies

3#
發表於 15-5-8 12:10 |只看該作者
SINSINMUM 發表於 15-5-6 18:11
i'm planning to send my daughter to UK for further studying when she is going to Year 9.  She is now ...
As far as I know, there is one state boarding school provides IB course, Hockerill Anglo-European College.  My friend's daughter studied there several years ago.  Her comments are possitive.  She went to U of Kent after IB.
For IB course at UK's schools is minority, why don't you choose o-level instead?  As I know, students have a good standard of English is an essential for IB.  For my own opinion, HK students better select o-level, it's more easlier to handle.
My daughter studied IBMYP in HK several years ago, then she went to UK for Year 9 and then Year 10 o-level.  There were no problem for her to adopt another exam system.

4#
發表於 15-5-14 18:47 |只看該作者
What is O level? I just heard GCSE, A Level..  I want her to continue the IB curriculum as i think IB is very good for the children's inspiration, global thinking, self reflection etc., instead of the only academic achievement.   

5#
發表於 15-5-14 18:52 |只看該作者
回覆 SINSINMUM 的帖子

I think in UK only offer IB in six form,but not in senior school. You can decide to take IB or A-Level after two years GCSE/IGCSE.

6#
發表於 15-5-14 18:56 |只看該作者
回覆 Hopefulmom 的帖子

How about Wellington College?

7#
發表於 15-5-14 23:31 |只看該作者
回覆 Sheep006 的帖子

Sorry, Sheep006, I am not familiar with Wellington so not able to provide information on it.

8#
發表於 15-5-15 01:07 |只看該作者
Sevenoaks 走唔甩
‹ 上一主題|下一主題