發表於 15-2-22 13:09 |顯示全部帖子
quote " 有興趣, 可以放學, 去看看耀中的英文質素, 旁邊睇, 同聽就可以

大開眼界..... 為何? 因為你聽不到英文"

Very 襌

發表於 15-2-22 13:39 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:耀中是非常一流的國際學校

發表於 15-2-22 14:45 |顯示全部帖子

I forgot who said it first (probably OW or Mark Twain): one has to be really low to be able to derive joy from belittling others). Without a doubt, those who are able to go even lower.

發表於 15-2-22 14:53 |顯示全部帖子

By the way, I know a YCIS kid who went to Princeton on a full scholarship. And, by by the way, he was a new immigrant, from China. Further, by by by the way, those who graduated from so called first tier Is can only dream of speaking like him. And, of course, his parents from China are better educated and more civilised than the type.

發表於 15-2-22 15:04 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 15-2-22 15:19 |顯示全部帖子

樓主,你講野好深!Check返你之前對耀中嘅comments先知你講反話.....

發表於 15-2-22 15:24 |顯示全部帖子

Sorry to spoil the party. I should've known that the deprived and/or unsecured and/or deservedly or undeservedly less informed need to speak ill of others to get a little comfort. Who am I to get in their way? Bye, for now. More power to those who feel so content that their kids are in one of those "better" schools.

發表於 15-2-22 15:36 |顯示全部帖子

其實本人對耀中沒有任何意見,我只不過覺得樓主個post話(聽不到英文)好笑!所以不要太認真!

發表於 15-2-22 15:46 |顯示全部帖子
Wahzube 發表於 15-2-22 15:36
其實本人對耀中沒有任何意見,我只不過覺得樓主個post話(聽不到英文)好笑!所以不要太認真 ...

Would you be as happy, if he is talking about you, your child, or your child's school?
Still think it is funny?

發表於 15-2-22 16:24 |顯示全部帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 15-2-22 17:52 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 HIHinsurance 的帖子

Just want to share again my post almost a year ago about my opinion of Yew Chung is an "insider", when another parent asked about the difference of CIS and Yew Chung. I don't want to defend again on other people's observation of Yew Chung. As I have said, there is no perfect school. We may only find some schools that are better fit for our children.:

"Yew Chung is my son's 1st school until he graduated from primary.  He then switched to CIS in secondary.

In my point of view, Yew Chung is a very good school up to primary, especially in nurturing academically most able children, and least able children.  Children can become truly bilingual if they are able to handle 2 languages at a high level. My son never went to tutoring in English and Chinese. However, as most of the children are pure Chinese, they tend to speak Cantonese with each other, and it is less easy to build up a native English accent there. Other that this, their pronunciation of words is native, with much better skills in English reading, writing, speaking and listening as compared with non-IS. Besides language, they train kids in IS ways, teaching them how to research, self-learn, build up reading habits. Least able children get extra attention and tutoring from teachers, they are not discriminated.

The problem with Yew Chung, especially in secondary, is that they cannot keep academically able students. I doubt if the underlying reason is the "reputation". Good students get admitted to other "better " IS. Vacancy is replaced by students transferred from non-IS, may include a proportion of students who didn't study well in local schools. This dilution process continues and accelerates, until in upper secondary only a small proportion of home grown students remain there.

The difference between YC and CIS isn't that big in primary, but the gap widens in secondary.

The biggest asset of CIS is the pool of academically most able students and the educated parents. Just the opposite side of YC, the turn over rate of CIS students is very low as compared to other IS. If a student leaves, the vacancy is replaced by a more able student. The process results in a pool of most ambitious, intelligent, hard-working students in IBDP level, half of them aiming (and most of them achieving) a perfect IB score.

I should say that the biggest asset of CIS is the reputation in HK, so that it can attract the best students and teachers. (Same scenarios as SPCC, DGS, DBS?) The good reputation in US/UK also helps during the university admission process."

點評

vivicui  we need fair parents like you  發表於 15-2-27 14:00
annie40  thank you.   發表於 15-2-24 11:21
supercrazy    發表於 15-2-24 09:29

發表於 15-2-22 18:02 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:foolish.mom 的帖子

Nice sharing, appreciate!

發表於 15-2-22 18:45 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 HIHinsurance 的帖子

HIHinsurance, 感受這不是你一向style of comments, 是否受到壓力? 我支持你,keep住你的style!  

發表於 15-2-22 19:15 |顯示全部帖子

返学如果只係為考试成,直接走homeschooling 條路咪得啦,我哋果个年代返学係去同同学仔玩同share and 抄note, team 出貓,如果生命只有讀書揾份高人工既工,做人好慘。各位家長,不計算太多给孩子,我个女1歲至4歲都係耀中的好宝宝,小学讀法国国际中学讀德瑞,y10來了英国讀boarding, 無話边間好边間吾好,佢讀得開心,日日鍾意返学,鐘意D同学老师就好,咁好,点会吾勤力讀書考好成绩,呀女到而家16歲仲会同當年耀中的朋友仔一齊食飯shopping, 學校既根系學生,學生既根係父母,各位放寛心

點評

Jackieson    發表於 15-2-23 14:09
jolalee    發表於 15-2-23 01:28

發表於 15-2-22 20:55 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks foolish mom for your sharing of yc and CIS in all the threads, not foolish at all.  Hope to hear more of your insights soon.  This "High in Hearsay Insurance" dude gives pretty insightful and direct observations most of the time, and is appreciated in this forum,  but how come  the prose suddenly turns into Chip Tsao 曲線 style to talk smack?

點評

foolish.mom  I was confused by him too  發表於 15-2-22 21:20

發表於 15-2-23 16:07 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 cusoon 於 15-2-23 16:11 編輯

thx.

發表於 15-2-24 08:57 |顯示全部帖子

引用:回覆+HIHinsurance+的帖子 Just+want+to+s

原帖由 foolish.mom 於 15-02-22 發表
回覆 HIHinsurance 的帖子

Just want to share again my post almost a year ago about my opinion of Yew ...
Very fair comments. Thanks

發表於 15-2-24 11:17 |顯示全部帖子
耀中確實不錯,見到老師態度非常誠懇,我囝都鍾意(佢貪佢有室內泳池),只可惜近年收了太多國內學生,佢地讀書幾叻都好,但價值觀和倫理觀念受長輩和成長環境影響,與香港的很多基本核心價値大相逕庭,小朋友成長過程一旦耳濡目染,後果真不堪設想。